NameSilo

SEDO or NAMEDRIVE ??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

jeet_020

Established Member
Impact
38
i hearsd abt namedrive they also offer good revenue for domains park over there...


well...somebody go there and and reply me what is the bet site between this two ..




thnks

--jeet
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
namedrive much better

Hi NP!

This is a really good conversation here.

I also recently moved from SEDO to namedrive and my experience is that generic names like one of mine totallyorganic.org only got 3-5 clicks per month at Sedo and now 30-50 at namedrive.

The most useful feature is the search word functions in the setting for the particular name. Helped me hugly in determinig the most profitable keyword.

Domains like ghn.org etc do not really work as it is very difficult to get a fitting keyword. Altough I am getting some revenue with them now. Which is still a lot better then none at SEDO.

So thats my experience and take on this.

Cheers,
-fp-
 
0
•••
I think the namedrive guys are having growing pains from all of this attention! Like fonzie said, my "auto corrections" are getting delayed longer and longer.

I just moved all but 2 or 3 domains to ND, so I have confidence in their service.
 
0
•••
Wow, that's a turn up for the books. The guy from Sedo who emailed me just called my mobile - presumably from the US (sounded American at least).

We had a chat and I agreed that to sell your domains, Sedo is the place to list, definitely. But for parking, they are falling behind some of the specialist parking programs like Namedrive, certainly in terms of look of parking page.

Can't believe he called me still ...
 
0
•••
chimaera said:
I've had several 10c clicks on Namedrive for Poker, but just one $2.

But overall, more clicks than on Sedo ...

---------------------

Heh, seems that Sedo has noticed my activities ...



Maybe I should gather suggestions from here before replying =0)

Tell them if they reported the truth, they wouldn't lose clients. Sedo Sucks.
 
0
•••
Sedo and 1and1.com are the same animal with different stripes.

I moved my .be's over last night and some that have had "parked?" since day one are now getting traffic (actually the traffic is finally getting reported) and some even have a click or two. And its at $0.11 not that $0.03 crap at Sedo...
 
0
•••
cavinti said:
hmmm that is also what i have..

i think im gonna cry.. i reseted all the settings that took me a whole day to set them properly the other day... wahhhhhhh :'( :(

I know the feeling, I finally moved my remaining
domains to Name Drive.

Setting the settings is a heluva job.

My only complaint on name drive is the lack of ads on some keywords.
 
0
•••
I have now progressed to sedo/namedrive 50:50 split....onwards + upwards to the next stage 30/70 but it takes time to make the adjustments...just a few a day...
 
0
•••
I move all 120 of my names to Namedrive a week ago and have made more money in a week then all last month at Sedo.....
 
0
•••
The only uneasy feeling I have is that I have not experienced a single adjustment in click rate. They have all stayed at 0.11. Has anyone else not had an adjustment?
 
0
•••
I've got to admit I did used to get more clicks between .017 and .30 euros at Sedo however I'm still earning more overall at Name Drive and have had some clicks around .80 cents.
 
0
•••
movingconcierge said:
The only uneasy feeling I have is that I have not experienced a single adjustment in click rate. They have all stayed at 0.11. Has anyone else not had an adjustment?

same with me ..... been 48 hours now, and the adjustments have not yet taken place.
 
0
•••
Same thing here.. the earning is better but the PPC for some domains are a lot lower... but since they recieve more clicks the earning gets about the same or for some domains it's higher.
Anyone happen to know any good poster related keywords that gets PPC higher than $0.07/click? Had around €0.15-0.17 at Sedo... It's almost only US traffic.

DOMiNIC said:
I've got to admit I did used to get more clicks between .017 and .30 euros at Sedo however I'm still earning more overall at Name Drive and have had some clicks around .80 cents.
 
0
•••
I've had the same issue with clicks not adjusted from the .11 rate. Not sure what the issue is. I have posted here and sent a PM to Ed. I have been told everything is fine, but it does seem weird to me that clicks are not auto correcting.
 
0
•••
My clicks for yesterday got autocorrected about 2hrs ago...
fonzie_007 said:
I've had the same issue with clicks not adjusted from the .11 rate. Not sure what the issue is. I have posted here and sent a PM to Ed. I have been told everything is fine, but it does seem weird to me that clicks are not auto correcting.
 
0
•••
I agree, fonzie...

Is the advert rate for investmetns the same as moving, apparel, newspapers and magazines, etc.? I would think not. We all know the bid rates for different industries and keywords varies, so why not the click rates...Ed?
 
0
•••
Hi all.. this is my 20cents...

Most of my non poker/gaming names are at ND and in general the performance is better than Sedo. But some do perform better at Sedo. Eg. ive had a name at ND for the last 5 days and it did 400+ views with 0 clicks. Just switched it to Sedo and within 3 hours it has 2 clicks at Euro0.10 each.

So, my strategy is to park most at ND and then try Sedo, DS, Fab for the one's that don't perform.

No doubt one of the best things about ND is the efficient and direct service than you get from Ed, thx Ed.

But there are strange incidents at ND too. The ppc does swing around wildly for some names, especially at the start of a new month. RPCs can go from a stable 0.14 cents per click (stable for 2 months) to under 0.05.

Hope this helps..
 
0
•••
Is any body else getting clicks of 0.00 cents at Name Drive?

I had two clicks on Saturday that paid me nothing (US Traffic).

I object to my domains being used to send someone else traffic for no compensation whatsover.
 
0
•••
DOMiNIC said:
Is any body else getting clicks of 0.00 cents at Name Drive?

I had two clicks on Saturday that paid me nothing (US Traffic).

I object to my domains being used to send someone else traffic for no compensation whatsover.

I have 1 click which unravelled from 3c to 0c, but on the other hand I have a 19c + 13c click which I never saw outside of poker on sedo.
correction hah! I now see 1 16c click on sedo
 
0
•••
I've had clicks that are worth $0.00. This is a function of google adsense only paying <$.01 for the click. ND takes their cut and you get the rest which is intrepreted as $.00.
 
0
•••
Try these two
Apart from SEDO and some others there are the following two sites for selling domains. Does anyone have experience with them? I have recently placed my domains on both of them for sale. The first one is http://www.impressivedomains.com/
My favourite one though is http://www.urlbuyers.com/index.cfm as their selling and display options are incredible. Great choice of display options and ease of operation. Also their options of searching for names on their database are incredible. Again..Does anyone else here use them??
Go check them out and report back your impressions.
Regards
Binaryman
 
Last edited:
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back