IT.COM

Sedo Offer On A Brand Bucket Domain…How Should I Respond?

NameSilo
Watch
I listed a Brandable domain with a price of $675 as Make An Offer on Sedo (not Buy It Now). Later it was accepted and listed at Brand Bucket with a price of $1800. I never removed it from Sedo. I was notified by Sedo that someone has offered $600 for the domain on Sedo. I’m guessing the Sedo buyer has already gone to MyBrandableDomain.com and seen the $1800 price.

I want to counter the Sedo buyer’s offer by saying “go to MyBrandableDomain.com to purchase the domain” which would be through Brand Bucket for $1800 but I don’t want to p*ss off Sedo. I also don’t want to p*ss off Brand Bucket because I never removed the domain from Sedo.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just counter at $1800 on sedo simple...

•••
•••
if you sell via Sedo you'll piss off BB
if you tell the buyer go to BB and buy there you'll piss off Sedo

the only way not to piss off anyone is to silently remove the name from Sedo

imho

•••

imho
yes, he can do that or he can counter with $3k+ :xf.smile:

•••
yes, he can do that or he can counter with $3k+ :xf.smile:

i think it's not about what he can but rather about what he should..

•••
•••

imho

This is exactly my dilemma. I know that BB and Sedo have some sort of partnership now but I never opted into it. I wish there was a Sedo / BB rep on NamePros who could help fix this diplomatically. Maybe I should use telepathy to tell the buyer to go to MyBrandableDomain.com to purchase the domain…lol

•••
Just counter at $1800 on sedo simple...

If OP did this, and the buyer accepts, (it used to be OP would be responsible for BB's 30% commission+ logo fee) in addition to Sedo's fee.

However, in October of 2018, BrandBucket partnered with Sedo.

upload_2019-1-14_12-53-43.png

So, it might be as simple as contacting BB @Andreia Soares and notifying them of the Sedo interest, then OP may have to go through the process to connect their BB names with Sedo.

Per a nP member update from BB staff HERE commission fee's won't be increased if the name sells through the Sedo expanded promotion.

Last edited:
•••
Other than simply not responding to the Sedo buyer’s offer, I think contacting Andreia and telling her the situation may be the best option. I hate having to tell her the domain was listed in two places but maybe she can help get the deal done. I’m in the process of selling a different BB domain on BB, so maybe I should wait until BB pays me for that domain before contacting her…lol.

•••
But on second thought would there be an issue with simply negotiating with the buyer on Sedo and giving BB their commission (based on what @Grilled said)?

•••
My vote is to remove the name. First of all the person is trying to get a deal— who doesn’t do a rudimentary search and know it’s pointing at BB? I would not take negotiations into my hands when I committed to letting BB sell it for me. I would remove the name. If they really want it they will go to,BB.

•••
But on second thought would there be an issue with simply negotiating with the buyer on Sedo and giving BB their commission (based on what @Grilled said)?

If done this way, I believe it used to be, you'd be responsible for paying BB 30% of BB suggested price; not 30% of the final sale price.

I don't see any harm in explaining the situation with BB. Given, the promotion between Sedo, I imagine they have a good Sedo POC to help handle these things.

•••
The better options are to contact BB support let them knew about the offer. I knew they can do something as there were many BB sales got completed via Sedo.

•••
I listed a Brandable domain with a price of $675 as Make An Offer on Sedo (not Buy It Now). Later it was accepted and listed at Brand Bucket with a price of $1800. I never removed it from Sedo. I was notified by Sedo that someone has offered $600 for the domain on Sedo. I’m guessing the Sedo buyer has already gone to MyBrandableDomain.com and seen the $1800 price.

I want to counter the Sedo buyer’s offer by saying “go to MyBrandableDomain.com to purchase the domain” which would be through Brand Bucket for $1800 but I don’t want to p*ss off Sedo. I also don’t want to p*ss off Brand Bucket because I never removed the domain from Sedo.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
How about removing the listing from BrandBucket and counter offer at Sedo?
If it not works, simply remove the listing from Sedo and add it to BrandBucket again... IMO

•••
You do not have to counter. The buyer already knows the price of this domain since it points to a BB page. Trying to act smart to get themselves a bargain. Remove the domain from Sedo, opt into the expanded BB promo, it will get back to Sedo with its BB price. Fair play this imo.

•••

Sedo controls messages unless you chose one of the message pre-build by Sedo

Sedo won't let you remove domain with pending offer until you either accept, or decline offer

Last edited:
•••
I went ahead and explained the situation to BB. I will let you guys know what happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back