IT.COM

Sedo no longer shows seller info when making offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just noticed an annoying change at Sedo. When seeing a domain with a "Make Offer" pricing, you no longer get to a page that displays seller's country and "active since" status. Instead, a pop-up appears where you enter your bid and then you are directed to a confirmation page without this information.

I cannot understand why Sedo would make this change. For me, it is important to be able to see where seller is from. At least it gives you a chance to check against the registrant in the whois.

Even more importantly, the "active since" function is extremely important, I think. A seller that has been active since 2007 is less likely to be a scammer than one who just became a member in 2019 (unless his Sedo account has been hacked).

I will be very careful making offers for domains at Sedo moving forward unless I have been able to reach out to the seller through whois, which is now often not possible.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just rechecked one of my parked domains at Sedo...
I have visited it directly... and then clicked "Buy this domain"...
And again - no any changes.

•••

For "Buy Now" domains nothing has changed. It is for the "Make Offer" names when you do a search at their site.

Regarding showing seller's country, why do you think it hurts sellers?

•••
@Jurgen Wolf try one of mine and let me know if you can see all the details and portfolio link.
Rumoasis in king

•••
I rechecked my "Make Offer" domains...
Absolutely no any changes.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf try one of mine and let me know if you can see all the details and portfolio link.
Rumoasis in king
I see Undeveloped.
Park on Sedo - and then I will be able to check it...

•••
•••
Go to sedo and type in rumoasis.
This domain is in "BuyNow" mode.
Page is differently designed, but your data is shown...
  • The seller
  • Country United Kingdom
  • VAT Status No
  • Active since 2018

Last edited:
•••
Seller's data is moved to the right bottom on this new BIN page...

•••
Yes true but as op stated, you can't go in and see details like description, traffic, offer views, portfolio link ect. It's just this is the domain name and this is how much it costs. If someone was interested in that domain, then they would surely like some details about it first

•••
Only "Traffic" field is important for pricing - if we are talking about traffic domains (minimum 100 visits monthly).
It has no any sense in other cases.

•••
As op said, I'm just curious why they changed it

•••
Not sure if tagging him was a great idea because if he sees @equity78 's hack he may close that loophole.

If Dave does not show up maybe we should not tag another sedo representative just as a precaution so that the hack stays viable.

I can't edit my post any longer. Maybe @Eric Lyon or another moderator can remove it.

•••
Regarding Sedo searches...
This is just for domainers/resellers... and for some hunters for traffic domains...
Endusers are absent there... they visit your domain directly... and if it is NOT parked on Sedo - no any reasons to use Sedo at all.

Last edited:
•••

I rechecked my "Make Offer" domains...
Absolutely no any changes.
And I see the same for my parked BIN domains - OLD/LEGACY page for direct visitors.

So you get another (NEW) page only when searching on Sedo...

Last edited:
•••
And, probably, authorized user or guest - also matters here... in terms what page will be shown.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back