Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

How do you think guys, what's more profitable after received an offer on Sedo:
- make a counter offer
- or start an auction?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many offers have you had total? If many then MAYBE auction, if few then counter.

What is your asking price and what is the offer?

•••
I don`t think anyone can respond properly without knowing the name and size of the offer

•••
Usually these auctions are waste of time (7 days without any bidders)...

•••
most likely you will be disappointed by an auction after bid at sedo

•••
Well, moincoin.com, this is the first and only offer $200. I wanted $499.
Also I already tried "direct auction" a month ago. 7 days, no bids at all... :-/

•••
OK first @Alex2017 edit your post super quick to mask the domain in case your potential buyer searches
like m/o/i/n/c/o/i/n dot com

That is a reasonable offer, so the question now is, if you counter and the buyer says no and walks away, are you OK with that?

•••
OK first @Alex2017 edit your post super quick to mask the domain in case your potential buyer searches

That is a reasonable offer, so the question now is, if you counter and the buyer says no and walks away, are you OK with that?

I agree - Counter if you dont need the money

•••

Unfortunately can't edit it.
Actually I expected the buyer should make new offer, then me, then the buyer again and so on...

Anyway seems like I'm lucky today. He accepted my counter offer :)

Thanks everyone

•••
But of course, in general, I still not completely understand why Sedo auctions don't work as good as I thought

•••
•••
Congrats! That was easy : smile :

For future reference we have a very short edit window so it is better to mask to start with, and if you have to you can report your own post and kindly ask a mod to edit

•••
Unfortunately can't edit it.
Actually I expected the buyer should make new offer, then me, then the buyer again and so on...

often thats not happening
they simply disapear

•••
But of course, in general, I still not completely understand why Sedo auctions don't work as good as I thought

as there not enough eyes

•••
Because almost all Sedo users are just another domainers like you...

•••
•••
Pushing to auction is a double-edged sword.
There is a risk that the other party will be frustrated and back out if they acted out of impulse.
I have had success once, another bidder joined in, and the name sold for 3 times more as a result of a bidding war. I'm sure bidder #1 regrets he did not accept my counter-offer.
Possibly, you can use this as a bargaining chip. You can tell the other party that their offer is a bit low and you reserve the right to send to auction, thus bringing possible competition.

PS: I am not sure, but maybe Sedo will notify the parties that bid on the domain in the past. At least they send a notification when a domain that they bid on, is set to BIN price.

•••
I rather just set bins at sedo

•••
Pushing to auction is a double-edged sword.
There is a risk that the other party will be frustrated and back out if they acted out of impulse.
I have had success once, another bidder joined in, and the name sold for 3 times more as a result of a bidding war. I'm sure bidder #1 regrets he did not accept my counter-offer.
Possibly, you can use this as a bargaining chip. You can tell the other party that their offer is a bit low and you reserve the right to send to auction, thus bringing possible competition.

I like this strategy :)

•••
You can tell the other party that their offer is a bit low and you reserve the right to send to auction, thus bringing possible competition.

thats unrealistic

as when you do so
you need a counter bid to be able to do so

next: buyer vanishes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back