Domain Empire

.ca Sedo 5k opening bids x10 on .ca's - Let's see what happens

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello fellow domainers

I am active on Sedo right now and have placed 10 bids for 5k each on .ca domains.
A couple of things I thought I would keep track of and report back here. Now please keep in mind I am bidding on .ca domains so 5k is a really good OPENING offer on a lot of them.

1. With 10 bids placed @ 5k each opening bid, it will be interesting to see what the percentage of response will be. Even if the offer is declined it will be interesting to see who at least responds to my offer.

2. I'm pretty sure I am the only one bidding on a previous domain and we have gone back and forth 4 times, and the system reports four bids. If it is counting each one of my bids with the seller as 1 bid then the total bids when you see 10 or 12 can all be from the same buyer. I guess that is not a real mark of popularity then because it can go back and fourth 10 times with one person and that shows 10 right? Hmm, it would be far more interesting to see bid total and an additional field bidders as in 15 bids from 3 bidders.

I'm just starting on sedo for our second acquisition phase, it will be interesting to see how many good quality .ca domains we can acquire with 5 to 10k bids.

Picture0001.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bids totals are meaningless really. You could get friends to bump up your bid total for example, you just wouldn't accept their bids. What is more interesting is you can get Sedo to alert you when someone bids on a domain you are interested in.

•••
2. I'm pretty sure I am the only one bidding on a previous domain and we have gone back and forth 4 times, and the system reports four bids. If it is counting each one of my bids with the seller as 1 bid then the total bids when you see 10 or 12 can all be from the same buyer. I guess that is not a real mark of popularity then because it can go back and fourth 10 times with one person and that shows 10 right?

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know that, I too thought it were unique bids.
And good luck with your acquisitions!

•••
Hello fellow domainers

I am active on Sedo right now and have placed 10 bids for 5k each on .ca domains.
A couple of things I thought I would keep track of and report back here. Now please keep in mind I am bidding on .ca domains so 5k is a really good OPENING offer on a lot of them.

1. With 10 bids placed @ 5k each opening bid, it will be interesting to see what the percentage of response will be. Even if the offer is declined it will be interesting to see who at least responds to my offer.

2. I'm pretty sure I am the only one bidding on a previous domain and we have gone back and forth 4 times, and the system reports four bids. If it is counting each one of my bids with the seller as 1 bid then the total bids when you see 10 or 12 can all be from the same buyer. I guess that is not a real mark of popularity then because it can go back and fourth 10 times with one person and that shows 10 right? Hmm, it would be far more interesting to see bid total and an additional field bidders as in 15 bids from 3 bidders.

I'm just starting on sedo for our second acquisition phase, it will be interesting to see how many good quality .ca domains we can acquire with 5 to 10k bids.

Show attachment 82685
Yeh that's lame if they count multiple bids from a single negotiation.

Last edited:
•••
I'm hoping I'm wrong but I negotiated on a domain and have raised my price 4 times. The amount of bids has gone from 0 to 4. Seems a bit of a coincidence.... or not, if they are counting each increase in bids as another bid.

•••
@MapleDots it really does work the way you say - each time an increased bid is made the displayed total number of bids goes up, even if its the same bidder. I have observed that happening as a seller.

For example, here is a domain with 108 bids on Sedo and counting - not my domain or bids, but a while ago it was on Sedo auction and did not hit reserve, so I put a watch on it and get alerted every time there is a bid, and they keep coming.

https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=drone.info

Anyway, good luck with your bids!

Last edited:
•••
I have never bid on Sedo, but is the effect simply that people have set it to keep them the high bidder up to a certain value, so automated bids are coming through as price goes up?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back