Dynadot

discuss Searching for good nTLD names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peter Hagen

Established Member
Impact
Hey!

I'm wondering how you all are finding new nTLD domains, do you usually use registrar search or any specific useful tool? Except for .com, .co, .io etc, do you have a list of other domain extensions you're browsing names for?

Personally, I'm most interested in interesting domain-name and TLD combinations, and found it sometimes difficult to even discover all the extensions. Not to mention that it's even harder for buyers to discover these domains.

I started another thread about a search tool I'm working on, am interested to know what your process is to make it more useful :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm using expireddomains.net for looking what attractive gonna be dropped from nTLD domains. When i want to check keyword with many extensions i'm using eurodns.com

Last edited:
•••
I have a bash script with predefined TLDs that I'm interested in. It produces a list with nameservers for domains in those TLDs. I'm querying the auths for all TLDs directly. Based on the output I have shortkeys to act on it (registering with registrar A/B/C, or decide later). Sometimes names are registered, but not delegated in DNS.

Using this script for ~20 years with ccTLDs and the Legacy gTLDs, but made some extensions for ngTLDs later on.

I like your site, it's very responsive.

Last edited:
•••
I have a bash script with predefined TLDs that I'm interested in. It produces a list with nameservers for domains in those TLDs. I'm querying the auths for all TLDs directly. Based on the output I have shortkeys to act on it (registering with registrar A/B/C, or decide later). Sometimes names are registered, but not delegated in DNS.

Using this script for ~20 years with ccTLDs and the Legacy gTLDs, but made some extensions for ngTLDs later on.

I like your site, it's very responsive.

That's very interesting. Are you searching the same keyword across multiple extensions or focus on one TLD at a time? Like do you mainly try to find generic keywords, or keywords specific to an extension? How many TLDs are you interested in?

Last edited:
•••
That's very interesting. Are you searching the same keyword across multiple extensions or focus on one TLD at a time? Like do you mainly try to find generic keywords, or keywords specific to an extension? How many TLDs are you interested in?

A command line query contains the word I'm looking for, it produces an overview for all TLDs in the predefined list. It is important to see which parking companies are used and which sites likely have been developed. There are subtle differences for e.g .shop and .store, .institute and .foundation, .capital and .finance. I want to be able to see the complete picture at a glance and make the best decision. Ultimately, it is about a sensible combination for the domain, so I will not just register every dictionary word in every TLD. I have the end user in mind and focus mainly on .com, .nl and ngTLDs that are of use in the high-end professional sector.

The number of TLDs I'm interested in? ~40 atm.

Last edited:
•••
Back