NameSilo

Search by registrant?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Bleys

Established Member
Impact
0
Is there a place where I can search by registrant. Say I want to find all the domains registered by "Bob Smith" ... or other whois info (like registrant email, etc.)?

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I found some older discussions about this, but they're about 6-8 months old... any new information in this area?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Not up to date but try
openaccess.dialog.com/ip/
 
0
•••
What about whois.sc ? Im not sure but i think they offer this service in their memberships. Paid ones of course.
 
0
•••
It's highly unlikely there'll be a service to do exactly that kind of search unless
they've been able to capture WHOIS data changes of many, if not all, names
over the past few years. Registrars don't give that info to third parties at all.

Whois.sc only records and displays WHOIS changes, but it doesn't indicate if
the domain was locked or not.
 
0
•••
This do not exist. There is no central database of this information. The only way to get it is good old fashion research.

That being said, it is generally possible to come up with a pretty good list of domains owned by someone, with a bit of work. There are a lot of tricks that can make this easier. Quite often you can get a quick list by simply dumping a list of all names that have the same name server as one known domain. The whois.sc reverse IP is great for this as well. And of course Google is great as well. For many people who own a large number of names punching one of them into google will return links to forums like this where they have kindly listed a bulk of names for you, in a sales thread.
 
0
•••
Thanks for the responses, guys. :)
 
0
•••
I definetly know, that in the past WHOIS (at least at NSI) had this feature.
You had to figure out the NIC handle, and do a WHOIS query with this speciffic NIC handle. (This worked for a max. of 50 domains in return).
This worked on name, email, phone, etc... also.

I am not shure, if it still exist, but the query was something like:

URL whois [-flags [argument]] <lookup-key>

I will take a look later on it, maybe I can figure out if it still works.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
nRnF said:
I definetly know, that in the past NSI had this feature.
You had to figure out the NIC handle, and do a WHOIS query with this speciffic NIC handle. (This worked for a max. of 50 domains in return).
For more domains it was a paid feature.

I am not shure, if it still exist.

NSI allowed that back then. But most likely they got numerous complaints and
finally stopped showing it.

I just did what you mentioned earlier by searching via my old NIC handle from
there. Surprisingly it's still there, but it only showed my info and nothing more.

Sure is taking them eternity to remove my info when I have nothing with them
anymore.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back