IT.COM

information ScamShield.com sold for $787 and then...T-Mobile.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I was checking Namebio for "Scam" domains sold. Came across the sale of ScamShield.com for $787 back in 6-4-20. and then................................
scamshield.jpg

ScamShield.com registered 2001-04-30

I wonder who sold this one for $787? and how they feel now? if that were me? I'd probably jump off a bridge.

I wonder though. which came first? T-mobile ScamShield announcement or launch? or this purchase?

just goes to show. sometimes you need do research and hold out for more and have faith.

This domain is 19+ years old and profited only $787? crazy!

most will say $787 is still a good sale.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contemplating on what-ifs is inconsequential at this point. The point has always been to ask for what you want irrespective of buyer

•••
One way or another, whoever sold ScamShield.com for just 787$ needs better vision of prospective end-users.

•••
One way or another, whoever sold ScamShield.com for just 787$ needs better vision of prospective end-users.

I guess it's just an eventuality to ask this question.

who here would have sold ScamShield.com for $787 on the date of 6-24-2020.

assuming that T-Mobile had ads out for their registered trademark "ScamShield"?

and knowing that ScamShield.com has been registered since 2001.

•••
I guess it's just an eventuality to ask this question.

who here would have sold ScamShield.com for $787 on the date of 6-24-2020.

assuming that T-Mobile had ads out for their registered trademark "ScamShield"?

and knowing that ScamShield.com has been registered since 2001.
Looks like it was an expired Godaddy auction. So it looks like the owner let the domain expire?
I'm not sure, but looking at the whois dates ... and that only Godaddy's expired auctions are reported, it looks like this.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like it was an expired Godaddy auction. So it looks like the owner let the domain expire?
I'm not sure, but looking at the whois dates ... and that only Godaddy's expired auctions are reported, it looks like this.

Good info thanks! I did not go any further with research. Just saw the namebio mention.

Don't know i feel then if it was expired.

Which is worse?

Forgot to renew scamshield.com and it sold at auction for $787?
Or
Owned it and sold it for just $787.

•••
Good info thanks! I did not go any further with research. Just saw the namebio mention.

Don't know i feel then if it was expired.

Which is worse?

Forgot to renew scamshield.com and it sold at auction for $787?
Or
Owned it and sold it for just $787.
Many good domains expire just because the owner doesn't want to renew them or just forgot it.
Looking at the whois dates, the last update matches with the date when Godaddy changes ownership after an expired auction, around 42 days after the expiry date.
By the way, looking at your OP screenshot I thought the domain was already redirecting there, but no, it is just parked.
So the godaddy auction buyer hasn't placed it for sale, for the moment.
The whois expiry and update dates and the fact that only Godaddy auction domains (at least under 1,000) are reported at Namebio, it's what made me think it was an expired Godaddy auction.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back