IT.COM

Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deflee79

Keep on pressingTop Member
Impact
Hello!

I represent an investor from Europe who would like to buy fiylist.com for a new project.

My client is a co-owner of several Internet companies including Alibaba Group.

The new project is going to be started in 3 months but he would like to secure the domain right now.

Are you still interested in selling this domain?

If so, please reply back and we will negotiate the price and discuss the sale process.

I have regular meetings with many major domain investors and I'm using my experience and relations to help companies and individuals to buy and sell domains.

If you have other names for sale, please email me the list.

Best Regards,

Schlomo Havlin

Lawyer

94 Hanassi Avenue

Haifa

Israel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shlomo Greenberg
:xf.rolleyes:

Looks like they have been using this template for many years.

It's easy to identify the appraisal scam, it usually has a lengthy story about an big 'investor' or 'buyer'.

Real inquiries look like this:

----------------
According to [registrar], you are the owners of xxxx domain.
I'm interested in buying this domain name and was wondering if it may
for sale.

Thanks,
xxxxxxx

----------------
I have a need for the domain xxxxxxx if you offer a decent deal.
I it is something easy for young kids to remember. Thank you for your
consideration. xxxxx
----------------
I am interested in acquiring xxxxx and see that you have it for sales. Please let me know what steps I need to take in order to secure this domain name.

Thanks,
xxxx
----------------

Although interested buyers may feed you some kind of nonsense story, the inquiries are usually short, to the point, no epic stories. If an inquiry is any longer than that it is usually an appraisal scam.

•••
Nothing is too good to be true - we all live in a real world, nobody is an idiot...except those who get fooled :)

•••
when i failed to respond to 'You won 15,000$ , Congrats.' email, i was informed that it as donated to a charity and they were a BBB accredited business. So, not always, but 99.9992% of the time, assume what @NameFit said, as it is so true.

Nothings free in life, so when it looks like it, question it to the death!

•••
The fun I would have with that call! :D

I love playing with the "ms tech support team" who insist on telling me I have a virus, this woman would be so much fun! haha

Okay i did scam a scammer.

I got a letter stating i had won $4,000 in shutters for a company that claimed on such a date i would be announced in newspaper of winnings. The date went past and no announcement in paper. I rang the company in mean time and made myself available for the measure up. They then proceeded to tell me that it would cost $12000 for the 3 windows i had chosen and i would need to pay $8000. I then reminded them that i had won $4000 dollars worth and that the smallest of the three windows would cover that in their quote. When i told them i weren't going to pay i was a winner they demanded i pay and said they weren't going to honor their prize (which i never entered any competition). I said their company winning letter with their letter head and all the phone calls back and forth on record along with video evidence would probably be enough. Last thing i said the newspaper whom my old flat mate was now an editor would post the letter or a story about it after all. So I won 4k in blinds and shutters installed with out entering a competition.

•••
What's her reason?
They usually tell me that they have to clean my sites,have previous owners design to sell
or just demand it phoning back again and again after i have denied their colleges i am regularly at point of telling them to f%$* off before they stop ringing.

•••
They usually tell me that they have to clean my sites,have previous owners design to sell
or just demand it phoning back again and again after i have denied their colleges i am regularly at point of telling them to f%$* off before they stop ringing.

Phone Trolls!

Troll them back - every time they speak some nonsense to you, you ignore them and tell them that you have a amazing domain to sell them, only $5000 its a steal! They won't like getting trolled back and they'll stop calling. Troll the trolls!!

•••
Yea I got scammed by the same guy smh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back