NameSilo

Scam offers on Dan

Labeled as tips in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by twiki, Nov 26, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

This time on Dan,

I am getting increased number of scam offers lately from the Prince(s), anywhere from 10K to 500K (!) on domains worth 1K at most.

Beware. If you get such an offer, the safe approach is not to respond to it.

Perhaps @DAN.COM should monitor these and ban them accordingly. It is clear these offers are hoax.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

How would they scam if there is escrow in place?

3. Alex Solomon

Alex Solomon Established Member

Probably by overwhelming and convincing you to use another platform.

4. Zagalee

Zagalee Established Member

Why would you tag it Nigerian Prince? what sorts of heading is this ? Nonsense

5. twiki

Actually you are right. It's a common term for a common advance fee scam, but not necessarily a good one.

@Alfa Mod Team , could you please change title to "Scam offers on Dan" and change "the Prince" term to "Dan.com buyers from Nigeria" in my post?

Thank you, much appreciated!

6. Akinola Taiwo

Akinola Taiwo Established Member

That is obviously hatred...is only Nigeria a scammer???.

7. jideofor

jideofor Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

By the time you realise the population of Nigerians on Namepros, you will be forced to desist from this sort of rubbish headlines.

8. Akinola Taiwo

Akinola Taiwo Established Member

There are many Nigeria that are doing legitimate business here at namepros and online....

9. twiki

I definitely agree, this is why I asked the mod team to change the bad title. I have nothing against any country, I just made a headline mistake, that's all. Which I admitted and asked to be fixed. Pretty common phrase but then I realized it's not appropriate. In fact I also live in a country where there are bad apples, so we get the same treatment, while most people are good hard working. The title choice I made is bad indeed, and I apologize for it to any forum member that might feel affected. Rest assured, this does not come from the heart. Needs to be more careful with headlines.

10. du6262

du6262 Established Member

• Thank you for your reminding. I will pay more attention in the future:xf.smile:
      best wishes for you

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice