IT.COM

security Scam mail from Mumbai publicdomainregistry.com

NameSilo
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
Here they want to suck you into something they think looks official in their minds.
Then that you read further and enter into contracts with them.

------------------------------------------

Dear Registrant,

You are receiving this email because you are listed as the registrant for domain names registered through Whois.com, for whom PublicDomainRegistry.com serves as the sponsoring registrar.

As registrar on record for your domains, we are required per our contracts with ICANN and various TLD Registries to have a Domain Registration Agreement (“Agreement”) with you, i.e. the registrant. You can find the Agreement here, which is in effect starting immediately. (I don't do business with scumbags)

This Agreement shall remain in effect throughout the tenure of your domain registration, and the terms in this Agreement shall prevail over any conflicting terms in any agreement between you and Whois.com. This Agreement shall be applicable to all domains whose sponsoring registrar, is one of above mentioned entities.

The domain(s) associated with your email address are listed below. Should there be more than five domains the enclosed domains.csv file will contain the complete list.

Domain Name Registrar
"MYDOMAIN1 PublicDomainRegistry.com (I have no domains registered with these bozos)
MYDOMAIN2 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN3 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN4 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN5 PublicDomainRegistry.com

THEN THEY ATTACHED A LIST OF OTHER DOMAINS BELONGING TO ME.

We encourage you to carefully review your rights and responsibilities under the Agreement.

If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, you may contact Whois.com at [email protected]. (Yeah because whois don't use their whois.com domain for these kinds of things. Idiots) reported to whois and ICANN.

Regards,
PublicDomainRegistry Compliance Team
www.publicdomainregistry.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People should be cautious because these scammer are becoming more desperate.
Avoid following links sent through email rather go to your registrar site and login.

•••
Can you also check the email header ?
To know who sent you this email

•••
Can you also check the email header ?
To know who sent you this email
When the scam turns out to be really sloppy routines...

I am confused. I am used to having regular emails from the Domain Name Providers so this is just SPAMMY.

------------------------------------
Greetings from the ICANN Global Support Center.

I apologize for any confusion caused by the email you received. I am happy to provide information regarding PDR and your Domain Registration Agreement.

To clarify, PublicDomainRegistry.com (PDR) is an ICANN-accredited Registrar, which means that they must abide by certain consensus-driven policies in how they handle the domain names under their management. This includes providing their domain owners with a Domain Registration Agreement to which they may refer to learn about their Registrar’s policies and pricing. The Registrar must also make this agreement available on their website: https://publicdomainregistry.com/legal-agreements/#dra

For more information about your rights and responsibilities as a domain owner, please visit: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/benefits-2013-09-16-en

PDR’s registration agreement should have been provided to you before/upon initial registration of your domain, unless a change was made recently, such as a domain transfer to PDR. It is worth noting that Whois.com is not an ICANN-accredited Registrar and may be a reseller working on behalf of several different Registrars. It is possible that you are receiving this email now due to a recent change made by Whois.com.

For more information about PDR and their Domain Registration Agreement, please contact PDR directly. I have provided their information below:
Registrar: PDR Ltd. (d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com)
URL: https://publicdomainregistry.com/
Contact page: https://publicdomainregistry.com/contact-us/

For more information about ICANN and what ICANN does, please visit:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/what-2012-02-25-en

I hope you found this information helpful.

I will now close this Global Support inquiry case. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Kind Regards,
Christian Wheeler
Global Support Analyst
ICANN Global Support Center

•••
Here they want to suck you into something they think looks official in their minds.
Then that you read further and enter into contracts with them.

------------------------------------------

Dear Registrant,

You are receiving this email because you are listed as the registrant for domain names registered through Whois.com, for whom PublicDomainRegistry.com serves as the sponsoring registrar.

As registrar on record for your domains, we are required per our contracts with ICANN and various TLD Registries to have a Domain Registration Agreement (“Agreement”) with you, i.e. the registrant. You can find the Agreement here, which is in effect starting immediately. (I don't do business with scumbags)

This Agreement shall remain in effect throughout the tenure of your domain registration, and the terms in this Agreement shall prevail over any conflicting terms in any agreement between you and Whois.com. This Agreement shall be applicable to all domains whose sponsoring registrar, is one of above mentioned entities.

The domain(s) associated with your email address are listed below. Should there be more than five domains the enclosed domains.csv file will contain the complete list.

Domain Name Registrar
"MYDOMAIN1 PublicDomainRegistry.com (I have no domains registered with these bozos)
MYDOMAIN2 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN3 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN4 PublicDomainRegistry.com
MYDOMAIN5 PublicDomainRegistry.com

THEN THEY ATTACHED A LIST OF OTHER DOMAINS BELONGING TO ME.

We encourage you to carefully review your rights and responsibilities under the Agreement.

If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, you may contact Whois.com at [email protected]. (Yeah because whois don't use their whois.com domain for these kinds of things. Idiots) reported to whois and ICANN.

Regards,
PublicDomainRegistry Compliance Team
www.publicdomainregistry.com

Yes, I got similar email too. I think they are sending this to everyone having domains registered through the PDR.

•••
Yes, I got similar email too. I think they are sending this to everyone having domains registered through the PDR.
Well it turns out to be official.

Why do they have to do things in a scammy way? Contacting months later with a scammy format?

I just read it again and it still reads like a scam.

Last edited:
•••
@Eric Lyon Can we change the title to 'Looks kinda scammy' or something :xf.grin:

•••
Well it turns out to be official.

Why do they have to do things in a scammy way? Contacting months later with a scammy format?

I just read it again and it still reads like a scam.

You are right @jamesall and I suspect new people joining this Scammy game every now and then. Probably the most lucrative method to get newbie eyes, who dream of big bucks and get caught into their trap!

•••
I received same email...

And it sounded legit...then I thought they are mentioning about two names (.co) that I registered with Name.com more than 6months ago...

They want to change the contract and said these new rules are applicable now...

Did you also received it for your names at Name.com ??

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
It seemed legit, first time receiving such email and since I had other new e-mails with updated terms and conditions—I clicked on the link, which norton flagged as unsafe. Should I be concerned?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back