domains Sav.com off to a hot January when it comes to .Xyz domain sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Sav.com has already notched 100 .xyz domain name sales in the first 19 days of January. They had 183 .xyz sales in 2021 according to Namebio. 30 sales have hit the four figure mark. Score.xyz has been the highest sale at $7,350, other top sales include work.xyz, consulting.xyz and tv.xyz, it looks like that is […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i sold three
cpc.xyz
trek.xyz
Dublin.xyz

•••
Work.xyz $7,350
TV.xyz $5,510

Campground.xyz $27,888

Thoughts?

•••
Work.xyz $7,350
TV.xyz $5,510

Campground.xyz $27,888

Thoughts?
I think work and tv had premium renewals, while campground did not. Not sure, but could be a factor.

•••
I think work and tv had premium renewals, while campground did not. Not sure, but could be a factor.
So the buyer thought they'd make up for the lack of a premium renewal?

•••
Hi

some of the single words in .xyz, have 4 figure renewal pricing
so the registry might make more money from the registrant, before they can resell it again or monetize it.

imo...

•••
Yes and these need to be disclosed . I see TV.xyz for $25,000 at Sedo they do note:

Please note that annual registration/renewal fees charged by registrars for domains under this top-level domain (TLD), including those charged during the transfer process, vary based on the domain and may be significantly higher than those fees charged for domains under other TLDs

https://sedo.com/search/details/?language=us&domain=tv.xyz&partnerid=55490&origin=partner

•••
Renewals are approx $3,125 USD for work and tv

•••
May from epik is brokering 1 letter xyz domains. These have 5 figure renewals.

•••
•••
Yes and these need to be disclosed . I see TV.xyz for $25,000 at Sedo they do note:

Please note that annual registration/renewal fees charged by registrars for domains under this top-level domain (TLD), including those charged during the transfer process, vary based on the domain and may be significantly higher than those fees charged for domains under other TLDs

https://sedo.com/search/details/?language=us&domain=tv.xyz&partnerid=55490&origin=partner
If these are not disclosed ahead of time that is a major issue, and bordering on fraud. It is certainly relevant information that is not being disclosed at the time of purchase.

Anything that is outside a standard renewal fee should be disclosed for obvious reasons.

I would never be interested in dealing with registries that have variable registration and/or renewal fees personally.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If these are not disclosed ahead of time that is a major issue, and bordering on fraud. It is certainly relevant information that is not being disclosed at the time of purchase.

Anything that is outside a standard renewal fee should be disclosed for obvious reasons.

I would never be interested in dealing with registries that have variable registration and/or renewal fees personally.

Brad
I have felt the same Brad, I would imagine marketplaces would not allow premium renewals to be listed to solve, I cannot imagine they have systems in place to log every renewal price. I mean some .xyz renewals are $55,000.

•••
Which companies bought which domains?
I would imagine but not sure, that an investor bought tv.xyz as they have it relisted for sale at $25,000 on Sedo.

•••
Which companies bought which domains?
I have no idea. I could not be bothered doing any research.

I just know in any extension if you compare end user sales to re-seller sales there is a major disparity in domain quality.

Obviously TV, and Work are objectively better than Campground when it comes to quality, but it is not surprising one specific buyer valued it. All it takes is one.

Also, with .XYZ you have other moving parts like these premium renewals which are a massive turn off IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I agree 100%. It's crazy that people are still investing in these alternative extensions with variable pricing models.

•••
Kindred.xyz - $27,888 USD
Fitness.xyz - $7,550 USD (approx $3,125 USD renewal)

Kindred.xyz (a word seldom used) and Campground.xyz (a word seldom used) were sold on Afternic. I've been surfing their platform and I can't see any mention of renewal or transfer fees - perhaps they just mentioned as one of the stages of the "Buy it now" process? If someone could confirm would be interesting.

Either way, TV.XYZ is either worth it because the extension is worth investing in or it's not. I'm not sure what appeal kindred and campground have in any extension tbh even at regfee in .com.
but it is not surprising one specific buyer valued it
It is considering neither of these high price domains have been touched since purchase. Not even nameservers updated.

Last edited:
•••
Kindred.xyz - $27,888 USD (approx $3,125 USD renewal)
Fitness.xyz - $7,550 USD (approx $3,125 USD renewal)

Kindred.xyz (a word seldom used) and Campground.xyz (a word seldom used) were sold on Afternic. I've been surfing their platform and I can't see any mention of renewal or transfer fees - perhaps they just mentioned as one of the stages of the "Buy it now" process? If someone could confirm would be interesting.

Either way, TV.XYZ is either worth it because the extension is worth investing in or it's not. I'm not sure what appeal kindred and campground have in any extension tbh even at regfee in .com.

It is considering neither of these high price domains have been touched since purchase. Not even nameservers updated.
Kindred is a premium renewal? LOL.

Fitness is a top 50-100 keyword. There is no comparison between the two.

Some of these sales really make no sense IMO, but when you have thousands of domains it is a law of averages type business model.

It is the same with most people who own large portfolios. Some will sell.

The lower the prices the higher the sell through rate. The higher the prices the lower the sell through rate.

People like Mike Mann have the same model, just in .COM. There have been many sales that really make no sense when you factor in price and quality.

If any of these .XYZ sales are being made without mentioning the premium renewal fee, in a transparent manner, I have a major moral, ethnical, and maybe legal gripe with that.

Brad

•••
•••
People like Mike Mann have the same model, just in .COM. There have been many sales that really make no sense when you factor in price and quality.
Even Mike Mann couldn't sell kindred.com for $27k cause there is no buyer

•••
Even Mike Mann couldn't sell kindred.com for $27k cause there is no buyer
Kindred is a solid brand. The term starts more than 1000 domains.

Kindred then a dash starts 217 domains. It is used a decent amount as a brand.
I would consider paying that type of price range for it.

Though what sold is an .XYZ, not a .COM.

Brad

•••

Brad
Sav does list the renewal fee. For example you can visit computer.xyz and see the renewal fee clearly listed in Auction Details box. It is $1029.95 if anyone is wondering 😳

•••
Sav does list the renewal fee. For example you can visit computer.xyz and see the renewal fee clearly listed in Auction Details box. It is $1029.95 if anyone is wondering 😳
What about Afternic and other venues selling domains with premium renewals? Does anyone know if these are disclosed in a transparent manner.

When I say that I mean it is obvious, where any normal person would see it, not buried deep in the fine print of some TOS.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_2022-01-20-20-22-49-776_com.android.chrome.jpg

Strange, kindred is listed on uniregistry.

•••
Back