NameSilo

Sales in Different Countries

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by CS85, Sep 1, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. CS85

CS85 Established Member

I’m not sure if anyone has any data on this, or even just an opinion, but is there a discernible difference in sales volume per marketplace and country?

i.e. do Brits and Americans prefer Afternic? Do Europeans favour Sedo? And so on.

I know most domainers won’t know the identity of their buyers when they complete a sale, but any insight welcome.

I have some names that, while .com, have more relevance to a specific audience than other geographies.

Cheers!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Doesn't matter.
    Except German buyers, for them use Sedo.

3. CS85

CS85 Established Member

@Jurgen Wolf would you recommend sedo for mainland Europe as a rule? I know Dan are located there too

4. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You may use it even as a rule.
    But huge difference is with German buyers only.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  5. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have had buyers from all over with Afternic and GoDaddy. I do agree that SEDO has a European leaning demographic when it comes to buyers, especially in Germany.

Brad

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice