Dynadot

discuss Sales Activity in .TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Love to see how others are doing with .TV sales. I am trying to do my best to report as much as possible. Seems like an interesting time with all the failure in the gTLD space. I am getting more and more offers and inquiries. Even after all these years, .TV in my opinion is the highest ROI and profitability.

What are other's seeing and feeling?

A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm holding 1 at the moment and if it sells I'll be sure to post if I can.

(y)

I may be trying to acquire more because I like the extension.

Last edited:
•••
Are there any renewal or transfer promotions at .TV?

I am really not aware of any, but please write me if there are or there were any.....because with USD 30 / year standard renewal for .tv domain name, I just can not see how .tv names can be an investment with highest ROI and profitability...it can not be with this level of standard renewal, imo.

•••
I just sold carb/tv and only sold $10 here. very difficult to sell .tv

•••
I just sold carb/tv and only sold $10 here. very difficult to sell .tv

In my opinion, the marketplace here is for resellers. You won't find larger sales here (can happen), but not a high probability. What sales platforms are you using? Ironically, Uniregistry is starting to get better inbound leads. Most of it is still junk, but the percentage has gone up a bit.

•••
Are there any renewal or transfer promotions at .TV?

I am really not aware of any, but please write me if there are or there were any.....because with USD 30 / year standard renewal for .tv domain name, I just can not see how .tv names can be an investment with highest ROI and profitability...it can not be with this level of standard renewal, imo.

I have been paying between $26-35/yr for a long time on .TV renewals. Doesn't affect me as that is cost of doing business. Do a spreadsheet of a long term view. Let's say you hold a .TV for 5 years. That is going to cost you $150 in renewal fees, plus your acquisition cost. What is your desired ROI? Calculate what you want to sell it for in that 5 year window. You also want to identify how many offers you get on the name. That can be a strong indicator or whether it will be a real long time to sell or it is junk.

My first .TV domain name that I have ever purchased took me almost 12 years to sell (that particular name) but the ROI was great. Of course there were lots of sales before that.

•••
With the right name and end user need, .tv sell.
My last sale was a great one. Select.tv ..to a Turkish media org.

•••
I have another .TV at Escrow.com waiting to fund. Will report if it closes.

A

•••
My portfolio is more heavily weighted toward Spanish domains but despite having what I believe are some pretty nice keywords in Spanish, I do not see heavy demand for .TV. When renewal time comes sometimes I will check to see how many YouTube channels there are with the keyword. Actually some will call their channel keyword TV but they do not need the domain to call it that. At $30 each, renewals are a high hurdle for a large portfolio.

A trend i am seeing as well is that some video channels are calling themselves "keyword + television" or "TV + keyword" but I do not plan to start registering those types of names. The reality is most end users do not see the reason to spend more than $ XX on a domain even though they will spend five figures monthly on a lease payment or to pay their attorney or for business travel, IT expenses, etc.

•••
I guess one could ask the question if .TV is doing so well, then why have there been so many premium renewal drops the last several years? If the prior registrants were getting regular five-figure offers on domains with $250 renewals they would not need to let them expire.

•••
Domainers who started buying .tv's thinking they would flip them just like .com's were obviously wrong.
.tv domains sales are usually to end users or heavily invested domainers(like Vito), flipping is not the norm here(unless you are dr manos)

•••
I was never into the premium renewal game. Just like Makis said, development and flipping gone wrong. The lower the renewal, the more time you have if the asset is good. There are tons of drops and now VeriSign is repricing standard renewal drops with upfront premium prices. Just need to be able to navigate carefully. It’s an exciting time in my opinion. I am biased though.

A

•••
While some .TV domain investors consider keyword TV.com to be inferior there are some reported sales at Namebio...

HotelTV.om. $7500
HillTV.com $5000
ModelTV.com $1000+
ZappingTV.com. $4000+
DaytimeTV.com. $1000
SocialMediaTV.com. $2000+
TripTV.com. $1280
DiamondTV.com $1875
AmericanTV.com. $1600+
LeagueTV.com .$2395
ALPHATV.com . $5200

•••
While some .TV domain investors consider keyword TV.com to be inferior there are some reported sales at Namebio...

HotelTV.om. $7500
HillTV.com $5000
ModelTV.com $1000+
ZappingTV.com. $4000+
DaytimeTV.com. $1000
SocialMediaTV.com. $2000+
TripTV.com. $1280
DiamondTV.com $1875
AmericanTV.com. $1600+
LeagueTV.com .$2395
ALPHATV.com . $5200
I recently sold token.tv for $18500 and the buyer didn’t want to make me an offer for tokentv.com. I found that very strange to say the least.

•••
I'm not having the best time of my life with .tv, but at the same time I've an ongoing negotiation for 25K for a .tv and I've received today a 5K "now or never" offer that I've politely declined. In any case at the end of the day ROI is great, is just not a liquid extension for reseller market.

•••
I really am quite surprised to see that the last .Tv "channel" sale was way back in 2015 according to Namebio, if there was a match made in heaven it would be Channel and Tv

•••
A good one I remember, More dot TV, $16,500.

I think the seller is a member here.

•••
I sold VerPeliculas.TV here on NP for $1100 back in March, its the Spanish equivalent of "WatchMovies.TV" in English. It got a ton of traffic, 2k+ uniques per day.

•••
Anyone know if Crypto related KEYWORD+KEYWORD .TV are selling?

Or is it only ONE WORD .tv that are getting high prices and action?

•••
Anyone know if Crypto related KEYWORD+KEYWORD .TV are selling?

Or is it only ONE WORD .tv that are getting high prices and action?
I recently sold token.tv for $18500 and the buyer didn’t want to make me an offer for tokentv.com. I found that very strange to say the least.

•••
I've recently purchase 3 one word domains and one industry.
Rentersinsurance.tv
Brush.tv (in auction)
hitch.tv (in auction)
mower.tv

What should I list them for? or does anyone know a buyer?

•••
•••
•••
.TV sales are very random - many reported $xXxX sales one looks at and scratches their head thinking I would not have even paid for a backorder on that name.

•••
Do a spreadsheet of a long term view. Let's say you hold a .TV for 5 years. That is going to cost you $150 in renewal fees, plus your acquisition cost. What is your desired ROI? Calculate what you want to sell it for in that 5 year window. You also want to identify how many offers you get on the name. That can be a strong indicator or whether it will be a real long time to sell or it is junk.
I didn't this thread until now, but I have to quote the above. This is so true when investing in domains. Took me some time to see the difference between just buying and investing in any domain name, but I got it and now when I feel solid about a domain I look at it the way you mention here.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back