IT.COM

advice Sale via 4.com want to reverse

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamesMax

Top Member
Impact
I had a sale and payment (via PayPal) from my Efty lading page for CoinBub.com for $949. I got a follow up email from someone stating the they were a 4.cn broker bu using an email address from GoldenName.com asking for a refund.

Question how would you handle this? How likely is this to be a spam. I have not done any work with 4.cn.

Any advise or thought? the email a received is below:

Dear sir,

I'm really sorry to disturb you. My name is Jessy. I'm a domain broker at www.4.cn.

One of our clients wanted to purchase your domain coinbub.com,but now he is back on his word. We clicked the purchase link at Eftymarket.com and sent the payment through Paypal. Did you receive it? I know it's not good, but could you return the payment back to us? We are a domain name intermediary in China. We can help to sell ALL your domains. How do you think about this? Please let me know. Thanks.

Look forward to hearing from you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did they accept the domain? Is escrow closed?

Oh I noticed you used PayPal yikes not smart imo.

They can now do a chargeback idk what to tell you

Last edited:
•••
the grammar is poor, my first thought would be scam.

Her email address is [email protected] - I would start a new email thread and explore in more detail, don't reply to the one you got unless it matches this one

Got her address from their contact page - https://www.4.cn/company/contactus/lang/en

If you have received payment and the name in their hands, that would be the end of the matter IMO

•••
The name is not in thier hands, but money is in my PayPal account. I have not transferred it nor have they sent transfer information. Payment was made and about 30 minutes later I got this email.

With PP reversals are easy. My hope is, if she is legit, it could build a relationship with 4.cn.

•••
The name is not in thier hands, but money is in my PayPal account. I have not transferred it nor have they sent transfer information. Payment was made and about 30 minutes later I got this email.

With PP reversals are easy. My hope is, if she is legit, it could build a relationship with 4.cn.
As MrAcid wrote, was the email from Jessy?

•••
Yes. That is the email and on PayPal is 4.cn, so it looks legit.

Paid by
Dongliang Chen
The sender of this payment is Non-US - Verified
[email protected]

I default my Efty BIN to PayPal for low $ sales. This should have been set to Escrow.com but was set wrong.

•••
Yes. That is the email and on PayPal is 4.cn, so it looks legit.

Paid by
Dongliang Chen
The sender of this payment is Non-US - Verified
[email protected]

I default my Efty BIN to PayPal for low $ sales. This should have been set to Escrow.com but was set wrong.
All good then.......good luck with the relationship building

•••
Thank you all for your advice and input.

•••
I would return money. I made the mistake of playing hard ball one time with PayPal and they reversed charges and it took 3 months to get my domain back.

•••
Most importantly you have the money and the domain, so you are running the show. Now it could be worthwhile to start a relationship, but I would not expect miracles.

A paypal chargeback is easy, so better not to have the hassle, you are not out your domain, and show some goodwill because if it gets nasty Paypal will allow the chargeback and you ruined a potential relationship.

Best of luck

•••
si thats how 4.cn playing their cards LOL if their buyer didnt backout 4.cn might get their markup difference LOL

•••
Making a refund is what I'd go with. It's the best option professionally.

•••
i sold a few domains with 4.cn and one was through Jessy as a broker
it is obvious she is not a native English speaker,
i had a successful transaction with her for a 1000$ deal (chips)
i was worried at some point during the transaction as i released the domain before getting the cash, but received the money a few hours later

•••
My hope is, if she is legit, it could build a relationship with 4.cn.
Sure, sell me a domain, then I will back out of the purchase. Now we have a relationship. Easy. But is this the kind of relationship we want O_o

Maybe it's the Chinese way of doing things, but I wouldn't want to have brokers selling names on my behalf, that can later be reversed like that. Afaik 4.cn is legit but that does not look very professional.

•••
4.cn is legit but that does not look very professional.

I totally agree. My biggest concern is how easy it is to charge back on Paypal after the name is transferred. I am convinced that this is not a scam issue, but, as you say a professionalism issue.

•••
The reseller has it listed now at BIN $2500 ...or min offer didn’t pay much notice after the fact it only raised $32 dollars in auction and remains unsold ......I say the op got very lucky with the initial sale

I totally agree. My biggest concern is how easy it is to charge back on Paypal after the name is transferred. I am convinced that this is not a scam issue, but, as you say a professionalism issue.

i had a few good deals at 4.cn and all using paypal,
never crossed my mind that an established business will do a chargeback
they have a good reputation, and you can look in the forum there is no history of 4.cn charging back anybody

paranoia can make you lose legit deals

and you are not forced to use paypal, that is just a convenient option for fast cash

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back