Domain Empire

Runnable.com Raises $2 Million After Buying It’s Domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Runnable.com Raises $2 Million After Buying It’s Domain For $2,500 On Sedo

According to Term Sheet, Runnable, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based “centralized location for finding code,”* raised $2 million in seed funding.

Sierra Ventures led the round, and was joined by Resolute.VC and individual angels.

The domain name Runnable.com was acquired for a whopping 2,000 Euros, a year ago through Sedo.com

Full Story..

What are your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A whopping 2000 euro's?

I would think the seller is kicking him/ herself!

•••
I'm not so sure, nowadays more and more startup will secure the domain before they even settle on their future corporate name. If the price isn't right, they can choose another domain. There is plenty of choice.

•••

I think the choice of domain name is weak.

That double "nn" in "Runnable" could be mistaken for runable.

But, perhaps, that's just my opinion.

•••
I'm not so sure, nowadays more and more startup will secure the domain before they even settle on their future corporate name. If the price isn't right, they can choose another domain. There is plenty of choice.

I think I just took part in one of those at Sedo.

Negotiating well towards what appeared to be a mutually agreeable price then nothing from the "buyer". Guessing they got a similar name at a better price,who knows. We were at mid £xxxx. :bah:

They may of course simply have died in the heat of negotiation. :p

•••
On the contrary, Runnable is a very familiar word in the world of code. B-)

I think the choice of domain name is weak.
That double "nn" in "Runnable" could be mistaken for runable.
But, perhaps, that's just my opinion.

•••
But the funding of $2 mill was for the businesses operations, and is separate from the budget to buy a "website name".

Spending $2k on a name is sufficient, if that's the kind name you want. Why pay more or be bullied into paying more because of your background? Like Kate said, if the seller wanted a ridiculous amount the buyer would probably have opted for a different name... take the same budget and buy from a different seller.

A seller of a name can't say that he should've asked for more because Mr Rich was the buyer. Is that how sales are made?

If you say you should've asked more, then it could only be based on quality of the name and real value-not who the buyer is, and his budget.

One wonders where this sense of entitlement comes from with some domain sellers.

Why should the price charged be determined by who is buying it? You gonna overcharge one guy because you feel he can pay, or has raised funds for his business idea?

You charge a price that you want-not different prices to different people. I actually hate pricing discrimination-I'm a victim of it in my country (racial and social issues). Usually when you realize some kind of "extortion" practices are underway, you will say no, and move on.

The assumption that buyers are fools who will part with their money easily is only held by the greedy lot, who day-dream far too much.

Just because someone is a millionaire, doesn't mean he must share his wealth with you because you feel entitled to it.

The seller shouldn't question himself at this point, he should be happy that a domain he sold will be used online.

Why should a domain seller be the biggest winner of a buyers projects/business ideas?

Last edited:
•••
On the contrary, Runnable is a very familiar word in the world of code. B-)

You're right. It's perfect for what this business plans to do in the coding area.

Great name, after all.

Thanks, CasualNames.com for the link.

:gn::great:

:D

•••
Very interesting, $2 million is a lot of money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back