IT.COM

discuss Rough value order? xyz vs info vs link vs co vs biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
hi. whats the best order of value to put above in for a newbie.

my experience or knowledge so far gives me this:

from best to worse:

biz info co xyz link

I say this by what I read.. by auction results I saw from past sales.. and by simple estibot values.. strangely enough.. estibot has slightly different ordering.. going bit like so:

xyz co info link biz

I am not taking estibot as high authority.. just as partial reference.

it's still interesting to see how it handles same domain name.. under various extensions.

all in all, even if estibot gives 90$ to guts.xyz (actual domain actually available for reg now.. just few of names I was checking today), I am sure it does not mean it's worth jumping on. right? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never used Estibot ever for buying or selling domains. But that's because the several times I've checked Estibot, the prices were so far-fetched and out of this world (not realistic).

•••
yes
I know
to me estibot is not god.. it's more like the devil really

but all the numbers it spits at me aside from price are anything but random.. there is monhtly searches.. total search#.. ouverture keywords.. word tracker.. etc.. that's a lot of keyword researxch right there..

and if you accept above then well.. if it bases its price on non random keyword research numbers.. then that price is probably something more than random too

but in the end, I'm just going by the pice of advice I once read somewhere.. that estibot is better at telling prices than every newbie. good enough for me.

cheers

•••
.info
.co
.biz
.xyz
.link

•••
.info
.co
.biz
.link
.xyz

•••
▲Agree with abdussamad ↑

•••
#1 .xyz
#2 .co

.biz
.link
.info

•••
•••
in 2015, reported sales over $1,000:

.co - 160
.info - 91
.biz - 41
.xyz - 10
.link - 3

•••
I stopped reading at "estibot".

•••

.co - 160
.info - 91
.biz - 41
.xyz - 10
.link - 3

This IS a very good indication of value/most sellable of domain extentions

•••
maybe you are looking for personal value of these ?

.co - 1
.xyz - 2 or maybe 1 ?
.biz - 3
link - 4
info .... out, not linked to revenue, so .... org is better than info.

idea: what about creating an Estibot that can value the ngtld the right way....? naming it the GBOT ?

•••

.co - 160
.info - 91
.biz - 41
.xyz - 10
.link - 3

I agree with 4pm's list here. I was about to say the same until I got to his post (without the reference to actual reported sales).

•••
I've personally found that the value figure on Estibot is less to do with the price you can sell it for and more to do with the value of the website if you were to park it or use it for SEO. It's not a bad tool to use for insights though.

As for the gTLDs - I'd say you should also consider when they were launched and how those >$1000 sales are growing year on year. I personally see that Google's (rather Alphabet's) endorsement of XYZ definitely made it one to watch for future.My personal ordering would be: co > biz > xyz > info > link

•••
4PM got it right. That is the current market sales wise but many people bought premium .xyz and are holding for a lot of $.

•••
Not sure how anyone thinks .biz or .xyz is better than .info, purely based on overall popularity and number of registrations. Sure there can be outliers/sales to end users but if we're talking overall extensions it's not even close.

I think .co vs .info is interesting because .co seems to have better resale value but .info is much more popular worldwide and in total number of registrations, then .biz followed by .xyz followed by .link.

Anyone who says or does anything based on estibot in this market is
26324935-emotikony-pokazano-%C5%9Bruby-lu%C5%BAne-znak-obracaj%C4%85c-palcem-w-%C5%9Bwi%C4%85tyni.jpg

Maybe we we're a day off but I get 159 .co sales in the past year vs. 98 .info sales.

•••
I'd put .info then .co, then the other three is whatever order as I don't think they have any real non-domainer value

•••
A domain investor's focus should be how likely is it that I can sell this domain, how much will it cost me to acquire it and renew it until a buyer appears? For .COM one does not spend much time thinking about renewal costs though that is a factor for many new TLDs. For the extensions under evaluation one has to take into account the very real likelihood that the domain will never sell at any price.

•••
.co
.info
.biz
.xyz
.link

OR

.info
.co
.biz
.xyz
.link

I m seriously confused between .CO and .INFO
What do u think between these 2 as per current scenerio.

Last edited:
•••
trailing 12 months $1K+ reported sales as per namebio:

.co - 109
.xyz - 64
.info - 34
.biz - 29
.link - 4

note that 18 out of 64 .xyz sales are pure numerics
in .co only 3 out of 109 were numerics
0 numerics sold in .info out of 34
3 numerics in .biz out of 29
.link sucks either way

•••
...just for fun: .com 12 months sales > $50,000 - 96

yes, $50K+ sales only...

•••
New Sort.

.XYZ
.CO
.Info
.Biz
.Link

•••
people who use namebio sales to rank extensions should keep in mind that most of the high .xyz numeric sales from China are believed to be fakes.

according to namebio the number of sales by extension in the past year.

1,427 co
388 info
279 biz
159 xyz

if we limit sales to sedo(to avoid sales between domainers) we get the following

xyz 5
co 69
info 30
biz 106

now combined Flippa+Namejet sales to get an idea how many of the sales were by speculators.

xyz 106 66% of total sales
co 137 10% of total sales
info 76 20% of total sales
biz 48 17% of total sales

.xyz is by far the worst performing extension as most sales were speculative activity. That doesn't mean anything because they are 3 years old and we don't know about future performance yet.

I wouldn't say it is the best performing extension though. Also given the history of the registry I would necessarily assume that all reported sales are legit.

Last edited:
•••
I'd put .co top, and wouldn't bother investing in any of the others. I'm letting most of my others wither on the vine. As they have been doing for the last 5 years or more. Even .co is a bit dubious, imho. But at least I'm still buying some of them.

•••
I'd put .top at the bottom. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back