DomainerY

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Recently bought this domain

Its a 4 figure name according to me

What you think about this name?

Thanks for your valuable words

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In dot com, it would be a 4 figure name. In dot net, I don't see it beyond mid 3 figures. Its good enough that you might find someone who wants it who the name and can't get the dot com (since it redirects to a German site), but not a lot of serious media companies are going to want to use dot net (more likely to be small companies). Also, the is a TM on "Compass Rose Media" - probably okay as long as the owner isn't in the exact TM description field, but something to be aware of since they are very similar.

Looking at NameBio (https://namebio.com/?s=AOzYDM0ETN) pretty much confirms what I am seeing... tmedia.net (a better name) sold for $140 this month on GD... WebMedia.net (a MUCH better name) got to 4 figures with $2,200 at afternic, but it is a keyword AND brandable domain and on a much different scale IMHO...

reseller = low $xx - mid $xx
enduser = low $xxx - mid $xxx (possibly high $xxx if you really hold out, but you might lose your chance to sell doing that too)

Hope this helps!

•••
I wouldn't even register it

•••
In dot com, it would be a 4 figure name. In dot net, I don't see it beyond mid 3 figures. Its good enough that you might find someone who wants it who the name and can't get the dot com (since it redirects to a German site), but not a lot of serious media companies are going to want to use dot net (more likely to be small companies). Also, the is a TM on "Compass Rose Media" - probably okay as long as the owner isn't in the exact TM description field, but something to be aware of since they are very similar.

Looking at NameBio (https://namebio.com/?s=AOzYDM0ETN) pretty much confirms what I am seeing... tmedia.net (a better name) sold for $140 this month on GD... WebMedia.net (a MUCH better name) got to 4 figures with $2,200 at afternic, but it is a keyword AND brandable domain and on a much different scale IMHO...

reseller = low $xx - mid $xx
enduser = low $xxx - mid $xxx (possibly high $xxx if you really hold out, but you might lose your chance to sell doing that too)

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your kind words
No TM is currently active on this name

•••
Thanks for your kind words
No TM is currently active on this name
No problem.

And you are correct there is no active TM on "rose media" exactly as is, but there IS an active (and a dead one) on "compass rose media". I'm no TM lawyer, but usually you need to be careful when they are similar if they are in the same field/industry - just something to consider.

•••
I have done some research, There are lot of website who can upgrade to this domain
Hope someone will pay according to me

•••
I have done some research, There are lot of website who can upgrade to this domain
Hope someone will pay according to me

Sounds like you are rolling then! Just beware that sometimes those companies don't want to pay a lot. I have a pretty premium dot com two word brandable that a bunch of companies are using variations of (hyphens, adding "the", etc) and haven't been able to get then to bite at $xxx (and when I asked for 4 figures it just scared them off). Not saying to not start at 4 figures, but beware you may drive away your potential sales as well - a lot of "small business domain advice" articles I have read (so that I know what my customers are reading) tell them not not pay much for a domain and to avoid dot net (or pay much less).... they don't understand the value of domains that we do. :)

Anyway, I think there is potential if you are willing to work for it - best of luck to you!

EDIT: To clarify what I mean by "those companies" - I am referring to the ones that are using a worse domain than the dot net version usually are there because they don't want to pay a lot of money and usually the ones that will pay 4 figures will already have a dot com (maybe hyphenated version) or be starting out... not always true and sometimes companies change though.

•••
Hmm... Didn't check but if there's a lot of companies that could benefit (can you benefit from a brandable .NET is another question) from the name in question, yeah, maybe I would reg it. But then again Rose + Media are not exactly the perfect fit so I'd probably pass it...

However, the great thing about domaining is that some company might seriously want it and in that case they would pay reasonable $XXXX for it.

(P.s. I do think that there's a lot of keyword + media .NETs that have value even though their .NETs. Many smaller media (in very broad sense) companies want that independent vibe that .NET has IMO.)

•••
I don't see this being 4 figures, maybe if you go back to 2010 or something, and get lucky.

Majority of companies are using their country code, or using an additional descriptive aspect with the .com.

Two Keyword .net's are a tough sell in 2016

•••
This is the type of domain that once you get tired of owning it and want to hurry it's sale, you get "I'll give you... (insert xx-low xxx- here)"

Your fighting those that dont want a dot net (period), the very high amount of RM that have something in front of Rose (and they like it that way) and companies that quite frankly would rather UDRP then pay more than the cost of a UDRP. And the zero chance of anyone outside of 'media' that would want it.

Add in it dropped even though there was RM companies. There was a 9 year window where it was either available to reg or not developed.

But nothing wrong with waiting for an offer. Good Luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back