Ron James owner of NamePros Interview Request

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

247newsnet

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,

I'm the editor of 24 7 News Net.

I'm sitting at the computer of a person who works for AIS the parent company that owns 24 7 News and many other sites.

I was shown a thread on your site about a purchase that went on your site today. It was in this forum see ILLEGIT.com A purchase that resulted in the refund of the purchase price back to the main buying account for AIS. I have a copy of that refund here and there is all bogus info on it from one of your members.

I am concerned that the posting abilities of the person who was scammed have been disabled by your company.

Why did you disable the posting rights for domainnameappraisals ?

Right now your forum seems to have people supporting enom abilities that were exposed by domainnameappraisals as a scam.

Anyone wishing to support the way enom does business with limited access domain accounts where a buyer cannot renew on their login page, state why you think this is not a scam and I might quote you in an article I'm doing about this story.

Anyway, a request for a PUSH (a domain transfer I'm told) was requested in the PayPal receipt that I'm looking at in regards to the illegit.com transaction.

I have another email in my possession that lists an access.enom.com as the control access page.

I am told that is a very limited access page and the account was not PUSHED into the main AIS domain account at enom as the paypal instructions stated.

Is it the position of your forum to silence anyone that gets scammed on your site?

Do you think when a person says PUSH the account to my enom account and seller does not do it but sets up a limited access screen where things such as PUSHES and renewal are not permitted is not a scam?

Do you think a reseller of a domain name at enom should be able to limit the abilities of a buyer where they cannot PUSH or RENEW the domain name from their access page?

Do you think the enom policy of a 30 dollar registration fee when all the reseller registrars like godaddy, name cheap, register fly, etc have 8.99 or there about fees is ripe for having resellers SCAM domain buyers with such limited accounts where a domain buyer cannot transfer or push a domain name to a low fee account and they have to renew at the high rates some enom resellers push?

Is the handle you use at namepros.com coolhost?

What is your handle at namepros.com is it is not coolhost?

I suggest you allow domainnameappraisals to continue posting in your forum, it will make you look much better than you do now.

Thanks

Editor
24 7 News Net

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This thread is being moved...
I haven't decided where to move it yet as we don't have a forum for garbage posts like yours!

Cheers!

Edit:
Moved to break room.

•••
I must say after reading this post I have no clue what your point is. Are you sure your an editor??

•••
Does a raise come along with my recent promotion?!? :o

Thanks for staying cool, everybody. ;)

:notme:

•••
Keep trying to hide the scam that was done at your site today.

You can't comprehend the questions, then perhaps you need to learn to speak English as your main language.

The questions are simple.

A SCAM OCCURRED at this foru.

The mods here banned the person that was scammed.

The resellers here think the enom pyramid scam is a legit business model.

Anyway, the fact that the mods moved the post and banned the person that was scammed is proof they don't want to let their readers know about the enom scam.

Why is enom a scam? They pose as a reseller with low prices. Since all over the net (in these types of forums and auction sites like ebay) there are resellers selling many domain names via an enom reseller account.

Now from what I hear most of the resellers at enom are honest, they will do a PUSH to another enom account.

However, many domains are not being pushed, they are being controlled by the reseller by just setting up a limited rights account for the domain buyer.

So the buyer of an enom domain can't then PUSH the domain name to a real enom account (one that doesn't have to pay high fees).

So enom with their MLM pyramid scheme is promoting fraud and the comments by resellers in this forum is that's not fraud, it's how we make a living. We register under our master enom account for 7 to 9 bucks, then we sell the names cheap and trap them in a high renewal account we control.

Anyway, the whole enom thing is a scam. When anyone can register a domain name via many places for 8 bucks and renew at 8 bucks and not have to place a hundred bucks in a reserve account, etc. then the whole enom thing looks like a scam to anyone that understands what they do.

Sure it's okay for the resellers.

They get low rates, but the same rates are available if not better at registrars like godaddy that don't play games.

Someone should not buy a domain name from a reseller at enom and have to read the fine print to know what the renewal is.

eNom and how the resellers hide info that should be disclosed is a scam.

That's my opinion based on what I saw happen today. I have the paperwork trail and it is obvious someone was trying to trap someone else in an enom renewal trap.

•••
Its another incarnation of CEO-AIDS!

•••
Originally posted by 247newsnet

A SCAM OCCURRED at this foru.

What's a foru?

Hire an editor.

•••
Originally posted by domainnameappraisals
Oh, WG refunded our payment, that is why I said she is honest.

Was the refund part of the 'scam'?

•••
Yea, you're really an editor, and I'm really a KING!

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Was the refund part of the 'scam'?

Don't encourage this guy!! He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

There as no "scam" as he puts it. This was a valid transaction just because the buyer did not have the ability or knowledge that would allow him to access his new domain gives him no right
to bad mouth a member of these forums and accuse the transaction as being a scam.

247newsnet or whoever you are, your problem is with Enom, might I suggest you take the time to review the Enom Support site they provide simple instructions on how to use their interface.

Apparently some people have nothing beter to do
with their time.

•••
This discussion needs to be moved here: http://www.complaint.com/

And dont miss out on this : YOUR COMPLAINT "(mandatory)": :lol:

And the acceptance message : Thank You! And We Sincerely Hope You Feel Better! :lol:

•••
Don't worry the article about this SCAM will be run through a proof reader and simple typos will be fixed.

The account used in the SCAM is a typical reseller controlled account.

The buyer ASKED for a push and the seller set up a limited access account that gave no rights to pushing the domain and renewing the domain.

Now since the seller refunded the deal, that shows they did not commit a scam, however, the whole story is really about enom and how resellers set up high renewal fee accounts for domain buyers.

Now, if the buyer did not have a normal reseller account at enom, then they would have been trapped in a high fee account by a reseller, that is the heart of the SCAM story.

Are enom resellers trapping domain name buyers with such transfers?

I think they are.

The only problem I see with the seller is that they had fraudulent info in their paypal account.

But the fact they did refund the deal shows a level of honesty.

I could really care less about the seller in this transaction, the story I'm doing is about the whole reseller game.

Some resellers do legitimate domain name transfers.

Others choose to use enom to trap buyers in high renewal accounts.

So when you start having buyers asking you more questions about the transfer of names you are selling, you will know why they are asking now.

•••
These posts are repeating themselves... Why when I read them am I reminded of gossip magazines? *shakes her head*

•••
Well, since this is public now.

Your issue is with Powerpipe or eNom, not with Ron James, wicked_gal, or Name Pros.

I don't work for eNom or Powerpipe. We monitor for fraud on the forum very seriously. From all indications, nothing fraudulent occured in this transaction.

My letter to you from earlier --

Dear ASI,

I am Ron James, you can discuss this matter directly with me. I just logged in a few minutes ago and from what I can see, the "SCAM" threads that you created were simply moved to the moderators review area by one of our staff and not deleted. I wasn't involved in this case, but do agree with the moderator's choice to move this matter into private.

I have reviewed the information in the Illegit.Com domain sale, and from what I can see you are completely out of line with your accusations. There is no basis for you to label this a scam.

eNom has established a reseller program with several methods for resellers to operate domain resale business using their systems. One of them is RegistryRocket, through which this domain was registered through.

The domain reseller in this case is PowerPipe.Com, which is clearly shown in the WHOIS details for this domain. You can go to PowerPipe's website to mange the domain

http://www.powerpipe.com/managedomains.asp

THIS IS NOT UNCOMMON OR A "SCAM". There are several businesses that operate around a similar model using eNom's reseller tools. You've probably heard of NameCheap and RegisterFly -- same principal.

If you've ever held a eNom reseller account you should know that these features are available to resellers as RegistryRocket, PDQ, and the eNom API.

You have every right to not like the system, but accusing NamePros and the seller in this case is wrong. You need to be talking to PowerPipe ([email protected]) and eNom themselves. PowerPipe is the party that has the power to "push" the domain into an eNom account, not wicked_gal.

So, if you want to write a news article about this you're welcome to. Just seems there are more interesting things to discuss. ;)

RJ

:yell:

•••
•••
This is truly hilarious.. Alex didn't "scam" anyone and that domainnameappraisals needs to get a grip.. he is paranoid.. and I hope he reads this. If anyone was scamming people it would be him.. he had just joined yesterday and posted 2 threads about the same thing .. his so called "appraisals" Also, if you didn't already know.. saying eNom is a scam is a false accusation and could lead to trouble.. I suggest editing you posts.. *rolls eyes*

Please don't join to bother us, we are a happy community.. also, learn how to type.. it's FORUM not foru

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
Yea, you're really an editor, and I'm really a KING!

NEWS ALERT: Courses in Journalism are being offered to patients as a method of rehabilitation. :tri:

•••
So, I didn't get promoted afterall?!? God dangit. :laugh:

:notme:

< ... #1 Namepros "community" stays cool and intact!! :D

•••
Let's turn back the clock a little bit....

The place: DNF

The time: Well - it actually happened several times over several months.

The person: CEO-AIS (and a few other aliases he used)

The moderator: Me

The person known as CEO-AIS was one of the biggest troublemakers ever to haunt the place. As some may remember - I was running around deleting/editing/moving threads faster than ever before. Most of the threads started by this person were full of abusive language - insults - accusations - and basically garbage. He went around telling everybody they were chumps who knew nothing about domains - while he tried to convince us that his worthless names were worth thousands of dollars.

I personally had to deal with this character numerous times - and he created a lot of extra work for the staff - and a lot of grief for the members.

I'm not sure if this is him - or some friend or coworker - but this brings back a lot of memories and they are not good. In all my time running the forum - he (CEO-AIS) was one of the most abusive foul mouth individuals I encountered. Plus his posts would go on forever - yet they never made any sense - or conveyed any real message about anything.

AT LEAST HE IS NOT USING ALL CAPS LIKE BEFORE. Then again - maybe his shift button was stuck all those months and he finally got a new keyboard. Regardless - it's nice to see the text format has changed to being more normal.

Leave RJ and NamePros out of your personal issues buddy. When you challenge someone's integrity because YOU don't understand what you are doing or how things work - it's unfair and can cause innocent people to get hurt. Get your facts straight before making wild claims. We have seen your tactics before - and I think we have all had enough. Don't bring that garbage to NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
i think every domain name forum should ban him. He is a waste of time. I only had the unfortunate experience of meeting this idiot at DomainState recently. He seems to come back again and again... i can think of at least 3-4 names he has registered under there. probably more that I just ignored...

I am almost certain it is the same guy. He still has not learned to type properly and is definitely not an editor. His english is poor and he cannot spell. His posts are just fragmented sentences which incoherently go on and on about the same thing. Or the other possibility... this whole company is full of people who never graduated high school.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back