IT.COM

domain Rocketfootball.net

Spaceship
Watch

HolySmokes

Impact
Hi everyone. I'm new, just signed up today. And I was hoping to get your feedback on three expired domains I purchased. I tried to evaluate them on several fronts including exact searches, ads, backlinks, pr, etc. I also tried to keep in mind future development potential. My intent is to resell. I'm not concerned with making much. Just a net profit if possible. Mostly I'm just learning the process.

Here are the domains and the some data:

RocketFootball.net
PR: 1
Ref Domains: 5
Backlinks: 1
Searches: 210/mo (pretty low, but there are rocket-type footballs on Amazon that sell well. There's also the Toledo Rockets football team that gets about 2900 searches a month)
CPC: $2.08

DesignerShoes.biz
PR: 2
Ref Domains: 0
Backlinks: 2
Searches: 22,000
CPC: $2.48

Depraved.biz
PR: 1
Ref Domains: 26
Backlinks: 158
Searches: 18,000
CPC: 0

I know .com's are where I should focus. But my thinking was that I could test the waters and learn on some second tier TLDs.

I appreciate any feedback or advice. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you look at something like Depraved.biz or DesignerShoes.biz and see 10 or 12 years, what's the conclusion?

Were these developed websites that gave up the ghost?

Or were they domains that some domainer kept renewing for a decade or more without getting any offers?

I personally don't see value in these domains. The 2 .BIZ domains would make strong .COMs.

I wouldn't see RocketFootball.net selling either. But you've identified a couple of end users. So I'll take your word for it. Maybe they'll pay low $xxx if you're lucky.

•••
Thanks for the reply and your feedback. I've learned a lot since posting this appraisal and have to say I agree with you. End users building niche affiliate sites will be about the only hope in unloading them - even if it is just to get my money back. Lol

Thanks again. Maybe this will help others. :)

•••
No value.
Even RocketFootball.net, i'm not sure this domain can be used by an end-user except you find a company with the exact name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back