IT.COM

Rick Schwartz Hand Reg Domain List

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was reading this morning and came across an article on one of my favorite blogs, DomainGang. The article was about the domains Rick Schwartz recently registered. Here's the list I saw, and I've added some of the reg dates.

What do you think about Rick's registrations?

2017fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2017fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2018fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2018fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2019fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2019fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2020fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2020fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2021fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2022fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2023fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2024fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
bratgrudge.com- 1/4/2018
corruptmediaaward.com- 1/3/2018
corruptmediaawards.com- 1/2/2018
corruptmediaawardsoftheyear.com- 1/2/2018
dishonestandcorrupt.com- 1/2/2018
fakenewsawardwinner.com
fakenewsawardwinners.com
lasvegas.foundation
mattgrudge.com
mostdishonest.com
mostdishonestmediaaward.com
mostdishonestmediaawards.com
ratdrudge.com
themostdishonestandcorruptmediaaward.com
themostdishonestandcorruptmediaawards.com
themostdishonestmediaaward.com
themostdishonestmediaawards.com
trumpfakenewswinners.com
twittershadowbanning.com

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rick-schwartz-still-busy-registering-domain-names-in-2018/

I guess there are still lots of great available domains! I definitely feel that way after looking at these registrations. :)

I wonder how much these would go for here on NP?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guessed he has a proposed project to be launched on them, running from 2017 etc. Though every domainer drops domains and they are not exempted.

Last edited:
•••
I dunno if he's a Trump supporter... some people will just buy names to keep them out of reach of other people (or competitors).
If you followed his twitter, he is a very big trump supporter, from the new tax plan he would have benefited greatly from it that he can afford to register these domains that will eventually drop.

If you focus on the two they are about similar in age, both very outspoken. Not sure where he stands on immigration though.

I think he is just bored, to much money, to much time, what are you going to do.

Last edited:
•••
All these names makes me doubt if there are really domain rules to follow.

I see a lot of long chain names, trademarks and absurd registration.
Respect to what he has achieved so far but I wonder what kind of advice he would give to newbies

•••
Basically it shows he’s a big Trump supporter/lover and he regged a lot dotard pigeonsh*t names that he’d criticize others for regging, and I bet he drops them sooner than later. que sera.

Not necessarily (unless you know for sure more than I do perhaps). I've purchased domains in trends that I completely disagree with, would never participate in / purchase from, etc, etc. Why - I see there is value in it to someone - even if they think/act differently than I do.

But who knows - he's got millions more than my zero. :)

•••
Not sure about these registrations, but Rick is a legend. Can you believe people used to send him available domains in the mid 90's, such as f***.com, and he would pay them $50 for sending him the name? My point is that over the last 2 or more decades Rick has always seen value where others haven't.

Exactly!

•••
All these names makes me doubt if there are really domain rules to follow.

I see a lot of long chain names, trademarks and absurd registration.
Respect to what he has achieved so far but I wonder what kind of advice he would give to newbies
There was a rationale behind those "awards" registrations. There is a new award event created by the president of the us. This was the first year of it and it didn't do well. If the awards thing gets going, those names could be valuable. Rick is definitely following the news.

Last edited:
•••
Its really not and 'event', and never will be. Just an internet list at the end of the year to give a jab at the press

•••
I always thought the fake news award would go to domaingang ;)

•••
I was reading this morning and came across an article on one of my favorite blogs, DomainGang. The article was about the domains Rick Schwartz recently registered. Here's the list I saw, and I've added some of the reg dates.

What do you think about Rick's registrations?

2017fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2017fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2018fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2018fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2019fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2019fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2020fakenewsaward.com- 1/18/2018
2020fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2021fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2022fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2023fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
2024fakenewsawards.com- 1/18/2018
bratgrudge.com- 1/4/2018
corruptmediaaward.com- 1/3/2018
corruptmediaawards.com- 1/2/2018
corruptmediaawardsoftheyear.com- 1/2/2018
dishonestandcorrupt.com- 1/2/2018
fakenewsawardwinner.com
fakenewsawardwinners.com
lasvegas.foundation
mattgrudge.com
mostdishonest.com
mostdishonestmediaaward.com
mostdishonestmediaawards.com
ratdrudge.com
themostdishonestandcorruptmediaaward.com
themostdishonestandcorruptmediaawards.com
themostdishonestmediaaward.com
themostdishonestmediaawards.com
trumpfakenewswinners.com
twittershadowbanning.com

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rick-schwartz-still-busy-registering-domain-names-in-2018/

I guess there are still lots of great available domains! I definitely feel that way after looking at these registrations. :)

I wonder how much these would go for here on NP?

I would like to offer my domain fakejobs.com to Rick Schwartz. Maybe he was interested?

•••
•••
rick-schwartz-frank-schilling-1024x769.jpg

Great pic

The cap aside

But one has one of the biggest dot com portfolios in the world

The other is the king of the industry

Many domain name investors wouldn't be as successful as they are without one or both of these two

Investment strategy, vision, quality dot com perspective and how to sit on a quality domain and let time add value over the years and to a degree the art of patience

And the ability to enjoy a flexible lifestyle

Living the dream

•••
I guessed he has a proposed project to be launched on them, running from 2017 etc. Though every domainer drops domains and they are not exempted.

They could be used purely as redirects into another domain that he owns

•••
I reckon he has all the possible variations in that niche which means any website those domains get redirected to will get traffic which will produce ad $`'s

•••
Rick is human. Not every name he registers have value

•••
So after a few days..

fakenewsawards2017.com has received 12 unique visitors and fakenewsawards2018.com has received 3.

•••
I always thought the fake news award would go to domaingang ;)

Fewer than 15% of all published articles (8,000+ in 8+ years) are parody. I appreciate the attention, but not the ignorant commentary. It's gotten old.

On subject: Rick is a domain collector.

•••
So after a few days..

fakenewsawards2017.com has received 12 unique visitors and fakenewsawards2018.com has received 3.

With uBlock I get nothing but a blank whenever I visit any of those parked pages and then I get this in the address bar....

http://fakenewsawards2018.com/?z

it always adds a /?z after the address and I chuckle knowing I just blocked the ads.

I don't know about you guys but that will affect the numbers a bit because I don't think I would count as a visit.

In my opinion lander pages are much better than parked pages..... way too many ad blockers around right now. If I did not know any better, and belonged to the general public, I would think there was nothing at that web address.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion lander pages are much better than parked pages..... way too many ad blockers around right now. If I did not know any better, and belonged to the general public, I would think there was nothing at the web address.

AdBlock Plus rips through domains parked at Uniregistry, but their system forwards the visitor to the "for sale" contact page. Smart!

•••
AdBlock Plus rips through domains parked at Uniregistry, but their system forwards the visitor to the "for sale" contact page. Smart!

Yes but uBlock is getting bigger than adblock and depending on what filters you load it does not allow the forward. uBlock gets past paywalls and if anything ever shows up that one does not want you can load another filter to get rid of it. Hiding the element is not relevant because it would only do it on that page. A filter that catches the element will catch it on all uniregistry pages.

In my opinion it is self defeating using parked pages and even generic uniregistry pages are annoying people. So if I block one I block all and all those poor domainers get no traffic.

I'm not talking about myself because I know the difference when a page is blocked but the general public does not.

In comparison, I have NEVER blocked a lander page because I come there to see what other domains are for sale and that is another thing you cannot do on a parked page, you cannot show all your domains where a lander page can be anything you want it to be.

•••
Unfortunately I don't think you can white-list all parked domains, it's done automatically by the plugin. AdBlock Plus has a variety of tweaks, however.

I agree, it's rather aggressive, but also sites that rely on ad revenue aggressively ask that you white-list them.

Regarding the activity by Rick to register domains that seem to be a waste of money, he's belongs to a different domainer class and definitely has money to burn. :-D

•••
Fewer than 15% of all published articles (8,000+ in 8+ years) are parody. I appreciate the attention, but not the ignorant commentary. It's gotten old.

On subject: Rick is a domain collector.

There exists a parody site and yet jokes can not be made of this site? Relax buddy. Relax.

Last edited:
•••
If I get more relaxed, I'll turn into jello :-P

•••
•••
So after a few days..

hat don't mean it have value

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back