Dynadot

Rick Latona extended online auction is open for bidding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CDM

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some nice domains but obscene end user prices. No bargains to be had there.

•••
Some nice domains but obscene end user prices. No bargains to be had there.

most of the high priced domains you see there are leftover from the live auction. any of the good bargains from the live auction were bought.

however, there's additional domains in there that werent in the live auction, some at low prices. you just need to scour the list.

unfortunately theres no way to order the catalogue from lowest price

(correction, it looks like the new domains start at Lot # 1900. so just order the list by lot #, then skip to page 6)

Last edited:
•••
pages 6-8 same deal. overpriced decent domains and a bunch of garbage for 5k+

DoYouKno.me - Starting bid $7,000

Seriously? Seriously??

I wouldn't even hand reg that. This auction has to be targeted to end users. Dumb, rich ones.

Last edited:
•••
pages 6-8 same deal. overpriced decent domains and a bunch of garbage for 5k+

I see your point. there are still some diamonds in the rough i'm sure

I think the group of four Autocad names @ 1500 is a good buy. There are some well priced .mx domains in the mix ;) ;)

I also like GoldPricing.com @ $500

Madison.net @ $12k is thumbs up

DoYouKno.me - Starting bid $7,000

Seriously? Seriously??

I wouldn't even hand reg that. This auction has to be targeted to end users. Dumb, rich ones.

yea, thats pretty gross. i was thinking it could be a type/mistake ..

Last edited:
•••
If I were king of a magical world where shill bidders didn't exist, I would make it a rule of the land that all domain name auctioneers had to provide 'odds' in their catalog of the name actually selling at that price, then cover the action of anyone who wanted to bet.

So, it would look something like this:

Lot # 3760
Found.info

Reserve Price is 10,000 USD to 20,000 USD

Odds of this name clearing reserve: 50-1

The auction house would be forced to ditch their contrived 'enthusiasm' and lay realistic odds, since they would get financially crushed if they didn't. The auctioneer laying huge odds against ones name would serve to humiliate unrealistic sellers with delusional prices, when they saw the odds of their name actually selling at that price was enormous.

•••
It even has a few .eu junk domains. It is hard to handle so much 2006 style optimism all at once without breaking down laughing.

Regards...jmcc

•••
I think the group of four Autocad names @ 1500 is a good buy.
Even high end auctions have TM domains.

•••
Even high end auctions have TM domains.

Im not saying whats write or wrong here, but i just want to point out that Autodesk relies heavily on a large network of partners and resellers for everything from sales to training to support. whole communities have sprung up around autocad in the same way that there are now at least half a dozen professionally published magazines dedicated to photoshop. (i noticed this when I was in Borders recently.) if you google it you'll see plenty of legit developed sites with the term autocad in the domain. Autodesk isnt going after them, because they are a part of their channel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back