IT.COM

.tv Rich Schwartz on Domain Sherpa regarding .TV potential

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Interesting discussion on the effect of new TLDs on .TV during today's Domain Sherpa. Rick Schwartz makes the following comment at minute 38.... "I think .TV is in for a really good run in the next few years..."

Discussion of .TV starts around minute 45 with Page Howe also discussed his views on why he is investing in the extension at minute 47... Then Rick at minute 48:25 goes on to say that ... "What I like about .TV...It's a real business..." He also says you cannot do that with 90% of the new TLDs which are coming out (add the TLD to a keyword and have a real business).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've read some nice .tv sales here on NP lately.

•••
They have value in any language too.

•••
This comes from the man who can afford to blow 200K on a .mobi domain, so much for the insight.
I hope people will do their due diligence, like they should always do.

•••
This comes from the man who can afford to blow 200K on a .mobi domain, so much for the insight.

You don't really know if he can afford it. You only know if he did it or not, maybe.

•••
Will this poor man ever be able to live down his 'mistake' (which he would call pocket change and we would call paying off our mortgage)? :xf.grin:

•••

I think it's a little different from highly speculative buying in around launch time vs seeing the potential resurgence of an extension due to some outside events (The sale of twitch.tv)

•••
Rich Schwartz?

Thought it was Rick, with a D.

•••
Yes, that's great news. He was very bullish, called .tv a "sleeping giant."

•••
Rick says a lot of things and a lot of them are wrong.
Nothing matters except for what people that want a domain name want from their domain name.

Domainers tend to over think things.

•••
Nothing matters except for what people that want a domain name want from their domain name.

Domainers tend to over think things.

I think John its not that some overthink, I think that those who are not 100 % in their opinion, seek validation of their opinion by someone they have decided is better at the game than they are.

I like Rick, its an opinion, he has been right on many things but he has not been infallible, the most important part is that Rick can afford to be wrong, everyone reading him may not be in that same financial position.

•••

hmm... don't know - I personally really like the way Rick thinks and sees his reality.

there is no doubt that he is a smart, smart man.

H

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back