Review: VPSByte

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
{removed}

{removed}

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I Completely disagree, Sorry.

I bought the exact same package as you from VPSByte around 7 days ago.
The support in my oppinion is excellent, I posted a ticket at 02/21/2007 20:05 and got a reply 2 minutes later at 02/21/2007 20:07.

The deals at VPSByte are excellent, setup did take a few hours. But was worth the wait. This is the 1st VPS package I had bought ever and the support was very quick and helpful when responding.

VPSByte has been pretty good for me so far, only had GoDaddy problems.

Thanks, Declan.

•••
Thanks for posting your reviews :D

•••
Uh oh. Well, somebody ... um, play tiebreaker please... :) actually, a few people if possible O.o

Ironically, I just sent in a support ticket to them asking some questions. However, I want to know others' opinions and experience before I actually buy. I will have a business resting on these reviews.

•••
chulium said:
Uh oh. Well, somebody ... um, play tiebreaker please... :) actually, a few people if possible O.o

Ironically, I just sent in a support ticket to them asking some questions. However, I want to know others' opinions and experience before I actually buy. I will have a business resting on these reviews.
Why don't you look for their reviews at whreviews.com?

•••
loran76 said:
Why don't you look for their reviews at whreviews.com?
Because I didn't know that site existed. I don't browse for hosting often.

Regardless, 0 results there.

•••
LogiK said:
I Completely disagree, Sorry.

I bought the exact same package as you from VPSByte around 7 days ago.
The support in my oppinion is excellent, I posted a ticket at 02/21/2007 20:05 and got a reply 2 minutes later at 02/21/2007 20:07.

The deals at VPSByte are excellent, setup did take a few hours. But was worth the wait. This is the 1st VPS package I had bought ever and the support was very quick and helpful when responding.

VPSByte has been pretty good for me so far, only had GoDaddy problems.

Thanks, Declan.

How long have you been with them? Lack of consistency throughout this company seems to be obvious, in my opinion.

•••
Hello,

What is happened with vpsbyte.com ? I cannot connect to my vps, and vpsbyte.com site and even nameservers is down. Do someone has this kind of problem too??

Thanx.

Edvinas

•••
I wonder how long the topic starter has been using this hosting?

•••
Everything's down once again. Problems are with their own providers at this moment (as well as last time), everything at VPSByte is alright (according to SelectByte on WHTalk forums).

I'll also add that their support is excellent. I had to both time to submit tickets in order to upgrade my package and I had answers within 30 mins (even at night), which I think is a really good time gap.

•••
Ive been with them for 2 days..

Cons:
Half of that the network was down.
6 hour setup took more like 24 hour setup.

Pros:
Support is good.
They made a typo on the plan saying it comes with 2 ips, when really it comes with 1. But they gave me the other ip free.

Too bad the cons out-way the pros.

3.5/10

•••
They have a lot of bad reviews on webhostingtalk.com as well...sorry to hear about your experiences!

•••
I am using jaguarps.com and they are excellent. For 3 months and changed 3 companies and now i am happyu because i don't have problems with vps.

Sorry, i mean jaguarpc.com (not jaguarps)

•••
mybestsong.com said:
I am using jaguarps.com and they are excellent. For 3 months and changed 3 companies and now i am happyu because i don't have problems with vps.

Sorry, i mean jaguarpc.com (not jaguarps)
What is your URL?

•••
I guess this is what happens if you operate a business funded by your father.

Mini

•••
I have to say I've been disappointed greatly with VPSByte. I like Cameron....he is a great guy and is doing the best to make his hosting company a success. However I'm used to a very high level of standards from hosting providers and I haven't received that from VPSByte.

Its the little thinks like their site being down for a few days, and support giving poor (what seem like fobbed-off) answers, etc. Once they fix these issues they are more likely to get a much happier customer base.

Another thing that bugs me is the security....I get the impression that the VPSByte servers are not as secure as we would all like.

0.02c

A few VPS providers I use/have used and love:

JaguarPC.com
VPSLink.com
SPRY.com
PowerVPS.com
DEHE.com
SolarVPS.com (cocky support staff, but they know what they are doing)

•••
I can also vouch for jaguarpc. I had a vps with them for a long time until I recently went dedicated. Excellent support, uptime and community.

•••
I had a few issues with SolarVPS and I had to actually talk with a manager to get it worked out because the support tech was arrogant as hell. But overall I had an excellent experience with them, nice setup time, nice VPS.

DeHe.com is expensive but the owner is a real good friend of mine and they know their stuff.

Never been with PowerVPS, I had a server with a devision of Spry which just has VPS's no CP's or anything.. It went very well.

JaguarPC is nice, I didn't have a good time with them, But that was just luck of the draw.. When I joined the network was down and I didn't get my VPS for a week because it got lost, and people will spamming support tickets so my ticket got lost.. And a pile of stuff.. But I got next month free.. So it all worked out, and I wasn't in a hurry.

I'm with TheByteShack now actually and I could have never been more happy. I get support done through live chat which I never had before (they actually have level 3 techs on live chat :O a HUGE BONUS!) the plans are fairly cheap and I get a free control panel (ServerCP) and I haven't had one downtime in 6 months.. And I monitor my sites insainly.

- Steve

•••
My sites hosted with Vpsbyte have been down for 3 days, I can say that VPSbyte is the WORST host I've been with.

•••
killaklown said:
My sites hosted with Vpsbyte have been down for 3 days, I can say that VPSbyte is the WORST host I've been with.

You are on an unmanaged package, and we do not have a ticket from you regarding this issue. Please do not blame us for things in which you have never told us about. The server your are on (in fact, all our servers) is online and working as usual. You are the only one experiencing this, in which case it's only your vps.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know about anyone else, but my experience with VPSByte was fine. Services were just as advertised and at a reasonable price. Staff was friendly and had me set up within a couple of hours. Everything was just as I expected. No problems. :)

•••
I have used SpookedOut internet solutions, there setup time is pritty fast, took about 3-5 hours max, support is great! and they offer there VPS with unlimited bandwidth. Located at FDC Servers, Chicago, US.

www.spookedout.org

thanks

•••
eth01 said:
I have used SpookedOut internet solutions, there setup time is pritty fast, took about 3-5 hours max, support is great! and they offer there VPS with unlimited bandwidth. Located at FDC Servers, Chicago, US.

www.spookedout.org

thanks

And the reason you claim to own them is because....?

http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-offers/313381-spookedout-hosting-solutions-web-hosting-vps.html
http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-offers/312334-managed-unmetered-vds-hosting-20-a.html
http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-offers/311768-directadmin-web-hosting-starting-3-a.html

•••
Noppppeee.. Sorry but I host with VPSByte and I never have downtime and the servers are super fast... Support is great... Maybe you just did something wrong in your case that just got compiled or something because I never have a single problem... They always keep it running smooth...

•••
Hey I would just like to say that VPSByte is a GREAT service.. I run a 32 slot game server on it.. runs very smooth.. I get around 32 ping on it.. superb! Highly recommend it

9.5/10

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back