Dynadot

Revenue drops too much with Bodis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kesen

Established Member
Impact
Do you have the similar situation?
I did not do any changes with my domains parking in Bodis, but the revenue seems dropping too much.
Ps, I have 2 accounts there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I stopped using parking a few months back and went straight to landers.

This will be my plan from here going forward. I'm done with parking.

•••
what about domains added b4 this feature that were not optimized manually by us?
Guys, start thinking.
Your income will not grow anymore.
Google removes from search results your links, keeping only links with really good content.
They made 2 important core update in december.
You better read about those updates to understand why your income goes down.

•••
After testing for around 2 years the parking, I come to realize that it is not worth the hassle to keep domains for 5USD per month, I have domains that have high monthly traffic but there are no clicks, some poor traffic domains get random clicks, some have clicks but nothing credited, some show fees but no clicks, I feel parking companies are hiding something from us, they credit only what they want us to see.
It is better to concentrate on selling domains, Bodis is one of the best parking company but there are missing features, and without Escrow support in some countries it's impossible to use Bodis as a fully working lander.

I m not sure who are those paid promoters that create topics here, they say that parking brings them allot of monthly income, they are most likely fairy tellers, but the truth is harsh, there is no profit from parking, only a waste of time.
Will test how it will perform in the coming months with the new features, but I have doubts it will bring even 8 usd per month which is again not worth, it even does not pay the renewal of one com domain, OMG you can laugh and cry at the same time how stupid it is.

•••
Drop in Q1 ad revenue is a typical occurrence in the digital marketing space.

A lot of companies reduce their ad spend in the first quarter. Reach out to people who operate content platforms monetized with ads, you'll get a similar story.

It's not unique to bodis.

•••
@TroyBodis - Do we need to do anything to get this feature working in our account? Or is it being used by default on all accounts?
Hello @Dane,

In the first phase, we intend to roll this feature out across all newly added domain names that haven't already been optimized yet.

No action will be necessary during this initial mass testing stage, but there will be further announcements to come soon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to address several of the concerns that were raised in this thread. Firstly, we have not made any adjustments to our revenue share models for quite some time now, and no recent bugs or updates have resulted in a negative outcome on the EPCs and RPMs of our users.

As some have pointed out, and as I've mentioned in the past, the recent global economic slowdown is resulting in decreased PPC spending across a number of verticals. Domains with lower traffic and RPMs are likely to be hit the hardest by this. RPMs may also appear more volatile in Q1, as advertisers reassess and adjust their campaign expenditures en masse, but this is expected to stabilize in the coming month.

Regarding the Automated Keyword Optimization tool. This feature is in the final stages of testing, and is showing some very promising results. We believe those with medium to large size domain portfolios will benefit from using this feature considerably.

Y ads are being utilized as a Tier2 ad source, when Tier1 and ZC (direct ads) are unavailable or cannot be accessed, e.g. faillistings, ad blockers, etc. Y ad revenue will continue to be credited within the Balance History, until we can include this in the Reports page.

We are confident that Bodis will continue to outperform competing parking services in terms of returns, and our commitment to innovating the domain parking space.

If any Bodis users need me to take a look at their account, please feel free to contact support.

Thanks.

•••
Would you happen to have a link to this?
5.12.2022 and 14.12.2022 and then they improved something in January 2023.
All these - core update 2022 related to spam links and not informative content.
For sure most of you Lost your traffic 5.12.22, then 14.12.22 and then again in junuary 2023

Last edited:
•••
Hi

last month was pretty good @bodis, as a couple of names reached 70% CTR

and it's only 9 days into the new year, so i wouldn't be too worried.

imo...

•••
It's already February, but there is no sign of recovery.
And there will be no recovery.
Google will not show your parking empty "sites" in search results.
Read about Google core update December 2022.
Your business is dead

Last edited:
•••
Would you happen to have a link to this?
Google about "Google core update December 2022"..
There are 2 updates - and see both dates, the same dates all of you Lost your traffic and PPC value

•••
What is hard for me is finding people selling their portfolios or part... at a reasonable price (a bit over current marketprice).
Hi

thanks for posting!

so, what do you consider to be "marketprice" for traffic/revenue domains?
i know it's a vague question without more details, like whether they are typo or generic names with type-in or link traffic.
do you have a scale or benchmark that's used?

i have some that have been earning parking rev for 16 years and even if they don't earn the same as in 2006...they still produce.

i know it's difficult as you say, to acquire them, even while some folks are still saying that PPC is dead.
and you gotta be diligent because there are some fake traffic sellers lurking too!

imo...

•••
Do you have the similar situation?
I did not do any changes with my domains parking in Bodis, but the revenue seems dropping too much.
Ps, I have 2 accounts there.
Similar situation. Revenue keeps dropping without making any changes.

•••
Regarding the Automated Keyword Optimization tool. This feature is in the final stages of testing, and is showing some very promising results.
@TroyBodis - Do we need to do anything to get this feature working in our account? Or is it being used by default on all accounts?

•••
things getting ridiculous...I'm starting to hit epc of 2cent and even 1cent on bodis for few days... same names and clicks that used to fetch 10 and 20 cent epc avg.... complete insanity or bodis trying meet their own margins by lowering everyone else... well guess what .. we will never know
it depends on the name, some domains have 4$ epc, some significantly lower.

•••
Nowadays it's easier to find expired traffic domains but sellers asks also 24x of averages after first months where the domains make the most... but the funny part is that they are able to find buyers
Hi

agree, and the buyers they do find are assuming the highest risk, when there are only a few months of stats to review.

i know, cuz i got "caught-up" a few times over the years.

imo...

•••
Hi

agree, and the buyers they do find are assuming the highest risk, when there are only a few months of stats to review.

i know, cuz i got "caught-up" a few times over the years.

imo...
normally i don't buy domains with just 2/3 months in rev if i never dealt with them in the past.
There is a high change that those revenues will be chargebacked.
Also when you buy watching just stats, you can't know if any amount had been chargebacked unless the seller allow the parking company to tell you this.....
there are so many pitfalls.

ah yeah i forgot to add: i'm not believing to be better than others, this year i've been scammed too from a NP user and i lost low 4 fig like an idiot. My ass is still burning....

•••
So it is used i to mislead parking companies and SEO engines into believing there is more traffic than there really is? Perhaps it's best that more isn't said about this. We don't want to encourage any other folks out there to use this devious tactic.

That ultimately likely hurts revenues for parking companies.
Exactly!!!!
if we have to blame someone for the low revenues in parking we need to blame all the people that are trying to fake the system!!!
There are so many people trying to get paid with their bogus traffic and many of them pump social traffic using twitter (that's why the t dot co shortener).
Pumping direct traffic is also another way to fake stats.

Traffic source should be recognised pretty easily.. more it's hard and more it's a red flag.
There are few exceptions btw... I can't disclose more as it would be like to share some revenues for free and we don't want more competition :D

•••
•••
That's curious. I wonder if more folks on the forum are getting these "zero clicks" nowadays?
we will get here and there too. they are mostly bots or invalid clicks.

•••
@maya-zir ,
what you say is true and I agree but only partially.

Why partially?

Traffic at the moment comes from various sources and not just searches. The more one invested on search traffic, when looking at domains to park, the more they will be affected by the whims of G. Those that earn from typos for example will feel nothing at all.

The real question however comes whether big G decides to abandon parking all-together. *That* is what will kill our business as you put it earlier.

But, again, that will only be a 'partial' kill.. why partial? because a good 10% (up to 40%-50% for some) comes from 2nd tier feeds / zero-clicks etc.

Thanks for the great heads-up btw. While I knew about the change on December (I think I remember you mentioning it before), I completely forgot about it.

•••
.frankly I'm bit surprised one

would consider my amount worthwhile
Hi

i just take in perspective of...
not making anything vs. at least making something and...
that most of those earnings are accumulated while you are asleep at night.

then think of those, who currently aren't earning a dime.

just wish things were like b4.

Hi

so do i and prolly a lot of others do as well.
but as long as there is some juice left to sqeeze, then i'll keep my glass ready. ;)

imo...

•••
Same here. EPC getting laughably low. Same domains, same traffic, same CTR, just 1/6 of revenue compared to one year ago.

•••
I have a name with 200-300 clicks/day only making ~$10 at bodis so I switched to parkingcrew to see if they can do better with the traffic.

Also curious about Above performance...

•••
Hi

last month was pretty good @bodis, as a couple of names reached 70% CTR

and it's only 9 days into the new year, so i wouldn't be too worried.

imo...
i agree, ive seen a slight increase. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back