Dynadot

Responsive Websites

NameSilo
Watch
I have been wondering a bit about making a site to be responsive and i have come across the
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, scale=initial-1">
Although i did the examples below as an alternative to the above (used together as shown)

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width"
<meta name=β€œviewport” content=β€œinitial-scale=1”>
~
I am reading people get different results with this meta tag depending on what device they are using at the time. So what is the best solution ??

Also i am seeing different variations of the .css declaration blocks

@viewport{
zoom: 1.0;
width: device-width;

@viewport{
width: extend-to-zoom;
}

@-ms-viewport{
width: extend-to-zoom;
}

I was wondering what do you guys use as a 'standard' ? My crappy little phone does not really get used for mobile browsing but i would like to know what is considered best practice so i can apply it to any of my sites
~
Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You also have to make sure elements of the website can move around when viewing in different devices and resolutions, therefore making it 'responsive'. The above you posted is only part of it.

There are a few different methods but this is the one I like to use:

http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/responsive-design-with-css3-media-queries

Depending on how your site is set up, you may just need to apply responsive elements to a few main wrappers to get this to work.

•••
•••
I am quite surprised how close this is without any wrapping adjustments eSearch Lawyer

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back