Domain Empire

Response Time vs Resolution Time Guarantee

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ennui

Account Closed
Impact
What do you think is the more exact wording for the time limit that company promise to fix issues - resolution or response time guarantee? What would like to see on your host's web site.
Response time is offered by www.Marblehost.com and this is the feature of their shared plans, while I found resolution time guarantee in www.Webhostgiant.com deals, and it's 24 hours.
Whis is wiser to offer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
responce might be automated.... and resolution can't be...
I think that is the reason...

•••
I have seen faster resolution time guarantee - 15-minute average response time from SolidHost.com. Furthermore this company has started to provide pro-active support for their clients. Think it's the next step in providing support.

•••
Response for sure. I think promising anything to be resolved in a certain time period is a bit dangerous simply because there is a wide variety of problems out there that can quickly get advanced. Most issues can be resolved within that 24 hour period, but I don't think one should be crediting a customer because they decided to claim a 24 hour resolution time but had to go bring the control panel vendor in for a fix.

I think what gets me is that these resolution guarantees are paper ploys anyway, I've had a few in the past for hosting-related services and there's almost always a reason why you don't get credit for the resolution despite exceeding it to have the task completed.

•••
I would have to agree with Crazy on this. This is simply the next step in trying to lure customers in using a new name and supposed better support system. I would rather any company I deal with take a bit longer to solve issues and have it done correctly then to go with a provider based on what they say are fast resolutions. Sometimes fast is not always best and the best long term stable fix takes a bit of time. I think what worries me about techs rushing through something is that they may miss the bigger picture with a short term band aid that allows the problem to crop up again.

•••
CrazyTech said:
Response for sure. I think promising anything to be resolved in a certain time period is a bit dangerous simply because there is a wide variety of problems out there that can quickly get advanced. Most issues can be resolved within that 24 hour period, but I don't think one should be crediting a customer because they decided to claim a 24 hour resolution time but had to go bring the control panel vendor in for a fix.

I think what gets me is that these resolution guarantees are paper ploys anyway, I've had a few in the past for hosting-related services and there's almost always a reason why you don't get credit for the resolution despite exceeding it to have the task completed.

The only thing I completely hate about Response Time Guarantee is that service like PlatinumServerManagement simply go through several tickets, say that they will fix this in the timeframe but the resolution will take a lot more for sure.

•••
response time is the wisest to offer, but if you want more for your client, resolution time should be within 24 hours or less.

•••
resolution time should be within 24 hours or less
I'd say depends on the situation in this case

•••
I think it's rather reasonable to offer an hour for response time and 24 hours for resolution is rather wise, I think. Not vice versa.

•••
The only thing I completely hate about Response Time Guarantee is that service like PlatinumServerManagement simply go through several tickets, say that they will fix this in the timeframe but the resolution will take a lot more for sure.

The great irony of that statement is that is one of the companies I had in mind when I wrote my post there. Don't get me wrong PSM was solid, but they worked this response time guarantee just as much as many hosting companies. Just had a chuckle to myself when I saw that you mentioned them.

•••
Response time means nothing IMO. It is usually a simple acknowledgement that your support ticket has been submitted. You could check the ticket queue to get the same information.

Resolution time is hard to guarantee. Often a host will need more information from a customer or action by a third party to resolve an issue. These are outside of the host's hands. You'll probably find caveats to this effect.

I suspect that neither guarantee will mean that the host is actually any good at resolving issues.

•••
Guarantee is something fixed in the TOS and in case it's infringed
you are supposed to get a credit to your hosting account or some other sort of refund.
What's offered by the companies in the original post? Say if Marblehost.com responds to you in more than ah hour what do you get as their client?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back