IT.COM

Resolved

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
@Jackson Elsegood
Regarding transaction 4532982 for CBDcity.com for $11,500...

The buyer took possession via push at godaddy and immediately requested that escrow cancel the deal. I’ve provided loads of email verification to escrow to show my position. Meanwhile they are asking me to work with the buyer to get the domain back.

I’ll need to be paid or I will take legal action. My suggestion is that escrow do a little homework to verify the account push. I’ve done too much business with you guys for you to put this back on me. The buyer is a scam artist and I won’t play games!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The title here wasn’t warranted. This thread shouldn’t have even been created. We see these sorts of threads all the time.

There was apparently nothing wrong just took a bit for escrow.com to verify the transfer, which turns out they didn’t even need to verify because buyer clicked to accept the domain. In fact, OP mentions that buyer clicked to accept the domain. Did buyer ever claim that he did not receive the domain (after receiving it) or was he simply slow in clicking acceptance?

From the facts given here buyer was not a thief in the first place. Nor was escrow.com protecting a thief.

If there are facts to support this “thief” allegation let’s have them. I see none.

Last edited:
•••
The title here wasn’t warranted. This thread shouldn’t have even been created. We see these sorts of threads all the time.

There was apparently nothing wrong just took a bit for escrow.com to verify the transfer, which turns out they didn’t even need to verify because buyer clicked to accept the domain. In fact, OP mentions that buyer clicked to accept the domain. Did buyer ever claim that he did not receive the domain (after receiving it) or was he simply slow in clicking acceptance?

From the facts given here buyer was not a thief in the first place. Nor was escrow.com protecting a thief.

If there are facts to support this “thief” allegation let’s have them. I see none.

You did not play attention.

OP claims that the buyer received the name and then proceeded to cancel the transaction at escrow to get his money back. That is theft attempt.

•••
I read that. But then OP said buyer clicked to accept domain. Why would buyer do both of those things. The facts don’t compute.

•••
I read that. But then OP said buyer clicked to accept domain. Why would buyer do both of those things. The facts don’t compute.
Maybe the buyer was going to scam and then realized there was too much heat?
Just like a thief putting a candy bar in a coat pocket and realizing someone was watching, so they pull it out and pay for it.

•••
Maybe the reason OP isn’t clarifying anything is because he made a mistake.

•••

I believe "accepted domain" referred to his actions at the registrar. But then, instead of confirming the receipt at escrow, he tried to cancel the transaction. And escrow.com's reaction was most weird, proposing that the seller works it out with buyer. It is like a victim offered by police to work out his differences by perpetrator.

So, even if the the problem is resolved, escrow.com getting this thread as result is not undeserved.

•••
Because most people are honest.
:xf.grin:

You have to consider the industry the domain targets and many other factors before assessing the trust level. If you can't assess the trust level, then use concierge service and stop trying to save a few dollars just because you want to believe "most people are honest" across the board.

That said, if true, Escrow.com was certainly wrong to put the burden on you to try to get your domain back if you followed protocol as a seller. But it is my guess they just want people to use concierge service if they want better security. Therefore if you don't, you're on your own. despite using Escrow for protection.

It is my belief that had you not tagged Escrow's contact here on NP and had you not created a clickbaity title, you may have not gotten any action. So I cannot blame you for that.

I have seen it time and time again on this and other forums. When you get nasty on a public venue, you get results from these companies that you may never get if you just keep silent and try to resolve things only using the tools they give you.

Last edited:
•••
Until OP comes in and clarifies you’re all just running with incomplete facts. I stand by my assessment that neither buyer nor escrow.com were thieves here. I usually have a good sense for cutting through the noise.

The only action that mattered here in the end was that buyer clicked to accept. Buyer didn’t read this thread. So this thread had no effect or benefit other than needlessly calling an escrow company a thief protector.

Escrow.com is sometimes slow with action on some matters I agree but I see no evidence that they were thief protectors.

Last edited:
•••
It is like a victim offered by police to work out his differences by perpetrator.
A form of restorative justice. In society restorative justice is not without merit, although in this domain transaction seems not the right route, I agree!

•••
Last edited:
•••
Let me repeat:

The only action that mattered here in the end was that buyer clicked to accept. Buyer didn’t read this thread. So this thread had no effect or benefit other than needlessly calling an escrow company a thief protector.

Escrow.com is sometimes slow with action on some matters I agree but I see no evidence that they were thief protectors. The title of this thread is flat out wrong.

•••
The buyer took possession of the domain and immediately tried to cancel at escrow. That is not good faith!

3 different agents at escrow asked me to work with the buyer to get the domain returned. That is not my job. I followed escrow instructions and pushed when prompted. The next step is to receive funds and nothing more.

The buyer also claimed that I hacked his account after pushing which is absurd. It wasn’t until this thread was created that escrow started to move quickly. I sent upwards of 10 emails to the buyer and support that showed the successful domain push.

Yes, the buyer accepted. It took numerous threats and lots of follow up communication from me/escrow to make that happen. Honest people don’t operate that way in business, or life for that matter!

Also, they took the scammers side by asking me to get the domain back. That’s not my job. It’s escrows job to do their homework and disburse funds at this stage of a deal.

Last edited:
•••
The only action that mattered here in the end was that buyer clicked to accept

OP never said that. And it is quite clear...

The buyer took possession via push at godaddy and immediately requested that escrow cancel the deal.

The buyer just accepted the merchandise so it’s a done deal.

OP only has a few short posts in this thread. It's easy to go back and re-read them. You saw the word "accept" and assumed that meant "accepted via Escrow UI".

Maybe OP could have used better wording. Maybe. But, still, it was clear to me. At least I assumed "accept" meant acceptance of merchandise only, not accept via Escrow UI.

Last edited:
•••
What I meant was, is that buyer clicked to accept the domain. That’s unequivocable.

Why he did it (clicked to accept) had nothing to do with this thread here. Buyer never saw this thread.

And escrow.com was not protecting a thief.

Buyer’s funds were in the account so he knew he couldn’t end up with both funds and the domain. There’s got to be more to this story.

Last edited:
•••
•••
duplicate post

Last edited:
•••
What I meant was is that buyer clicked to accept the domain. That’s unequivocable.

Why he did it had nothing to do with this thread here.

And escrow.com was not protecting a thief.

Please provide proof that OP said buyer clicked accept function via Escrow interface

•••
And to everyone else.

No one can appease, relate to, or cater to everyone. The world would stop turning.

If you read OP's post and replies, it is rather clear that buyer never accepted via Escrow UI interface. Had buyer done that, Escrow would have put the burden on the buyer, not the seller. Because it is the buyer's responsibility to make sure the merchandise and transaction are "up to snuff" before acceptance via Escrow UI. Acceptance via Escrow UI = transaction completed/over.

Escrow's #1 goal is to make money, not refund buyers who accepted via user interface just because they had buyer's remorse or claim foul play. Once buyer accepts, that means buyer approves of merchandise and authorizes funds xfer.

Last edited:
•••
Please provide proof that OP said buyer clicked accept function via Escrow interface

That’s the way escrow.com works. I dunno why you’re spending a lot of time on non issues. Buyer accepted means ... buyer accepted.

If escrow.com stepped in to force closure OP woulda said that.

•••
You take phrases and sentences and remove words so that you come out a winner. But that doesn't work on a forum where it's all there for everyone to see.
OP said...

The buyer just accepted the merchandise so it’s a done deal.

•••
OP answer the Q. Did buyer click to accept or not?

We don’t need a treatise this time - I get that there was panic going on and I’m not saying it wasn’t unjustified panic but - just a yes or no.

Last edited:
•••
Better question:

@Keith
Before you started this thread, did buyer...
  • Merely "accept merchandise" via registrar push/transfer or
  • click accept via Escrow.com interface as well as "accept merchandise" via registrar push/transfer

•••
OP answer the Q. Did buyer click to accept or not?
The buyer clicked accept a day after, (and pay close attention), after the following:

1. Immediately trying to get a refund minutes after taking control of the domain.

2. After accusing me of hacking his godaddy account.

3. After I sent tons of emails with proof of transfer and threats.

4. After I made it clear that I’d take legal action and would not accept the domain back.

You simply do not take ownership of a domain and minutes later request a refund. That is an attempt at theft. The right thing to do is to immediately accept the domain to close the deal. Accepting a day later, after basically being forced, is alarming and unacceptable.

Last edited:
•••
Obviously before this thread was started buyer hadn’t yet clicked to accept.

The question stands.

•••
Okay see. Buyer did click to accept via escrow.com. This what ebook painstakingly describes as “via UI console.”

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back