IT.COM

Resolved

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
@Jackson Elsegood
Regarding transaction 4532982 for CBDcity.com for $11,500...

The buyer took possession via push at godaddy and immediately requested that escrow cancel the deal. I’ve provided loads of email verification to escrow to show my position. Meanwhile they are asking me to work with the buyer to get the domain back.

I’ll need to be paid or I will take legal action. My suggestion is that escrow do a little homework to verify the account push. I’ve done too much business with you guys for you to put this back on me. The buyer is a scam artist and I won’t play games!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why aren’t you using Undeveloped or the concierge service at Escrow? Sorry to hear about this Keith. Hopefully resolved soon. I avoid Escrow unless I have to.

•••
Why aren’t you using Undeveloped or the concierge service at Escrow? Sorry to hear about this Keith. Hopefully resolved soon. I avoid Escrow unless I have to.
Because most people are honest. I’ll use concierge from now on!

•••

...... or sedo escrow... or epik.. or a good few others.. of which escrow.com should be last choice on anyone's list... I mean how many people need to get scammed before people learn this.

gl

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Keith Thanks for the tag, it looks like the transaction support team is already working on validating the transfer with the registrar using the docs you provided. I'll keep an eye on this as it gets sorted out.

Jackson Elsegood

•••
@Jackson Elsegood
Regarding transaction 4532982 for CBDcity.com for $11,500...

The buyer took possession via push at godaddy and immediately requested that escrow cancel the deal. I’ve provided loads of email verification to escrow to show my position. Meanwhile they are asking me to work with the buyer to get the domain back.

I’ll need to be paid or I will take legal action. My suggestion is that escrow do a little homework to verify the account push. I’ve done too much business with you guys for you to put this back on me. The buyer is a scam artist and I won’t play games!
If Keith didn’t have the funds for legal action I wonder what would’ve happened.

•••
@Keith Thanks for the tag, it looks like the transaction support team is already working on validating the transfer with the registrar using the docs you provided. I'll keep an eye on this as it gets sorted out.

Jackson Elsegood
Thanks and I would appreciate any help. I’ve done my part and am not interested in anything but getting funds disbursed.

It’s not right for escrow to ask me to try to get the domain back at this stage.

•••
If Keith didn’t have the funds for legal action I wonder what would’ve happened.

Verifying the delivery of a domain is part of every transaction, through the buyer's acceptance or with the receiving registrar.

•••
Verifying the delivery of a domain is part of every transaction, through the buyer's acceptance or with the receiving registrar.
That should be the protocol.

In this case your team asked me to work with the buyer to get the domain back. That isn’t an option on my end.

•••
•••

I would use Escrow Concierge for any transaction in Five Figure+. Undeveloped Escrow is good too. Yes I do understand we need to trust people. But we need to be very careful to avoid unfortunate situation you been through. I hope it sort out the things properly by Escrow.

We need to use following things when we do the transaction if names with Godaddy.

If using Escrow concierge service then we need to use option "Do Not change" registrant info.

If using Escrow only service then we need to select option "Use details from specified customer"

I would chose Escrow concierge even for anything $5K+ just to be on safe side.

@Keith You may already know most of details. I am just sharing for other friends who may avoid this situation in future.

Thanks

•••
I always use normal escrow for 5 figure sales. The whole point of it is to protect from this type of fraud. They are holding the money and doing the research. Should get resolved. They do need to fix the issue of bad seller support. They need to teach their employees to do their job instead of asking the seller to do it for them.

•••
I spoke to Jackson via phone and I’m certain we’ll get it resolved. Should know more tomorrow!

•••
I spoke to Jackson via phone and I’m certain we’ll get it resolved. Should know more tomorrow!

I hope so. I have used Escrow.com several times since 2004, and have never had an issue. This is alarming to see. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

•••
Nice deal. Hopefully all goes through fine. Congrats

•••
I hope so. I have used Escrow.com several times since 2004, and have never had an issue. This is alarming to see. Please keep us posted on the outcome.
You do know that Freelancer.com acquired Escrow.com for $7.5 million in early 2015?

•••
WOW WOW WOW...Keith, I can't believe you could allow this...OMG! I must be dreaming, Keith. You one of those we look up to around here.

•••
That should be the protocol.

In this case your team asked me to work with the buyer to get the domain back. That isn’t an option on my end.

Does this mean escrow hadn't received money from buyer before you made the transfer of the domain name to buyer?

•••
Does this mean escrow hadn't received money from buyer before you made the transfer of the domain name to buyer?
Escrow already had funds and prompted me to transfer. The buyer just accepted the merchandise so it’s a done deal.

Luckily this outlet was here for me to vent. Otherwise I may have been forced to undo the domain transfer. This transaction opened my eyes though and concierge service will be used on all my deals now.

Thanks @Jackson Elsegood - things escalated in a hurry after I tagged you here!

@Eric Lyon is there a way to update the thread title to “resolved” and close the discussion? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
@Eric Lyon is there a way to update the thread title to “resolved” and close the discussion? Thanks!
What about naming and shaming the apparent scammer? Most importantly, to hopefully prevent another scam/theft.

Last edited:
•••
What about naming and shaming the apparent scammer? Most importantly, to hopefully prevent another scam/theft.

If the transaction has now completed to Keiths satisfaction, that probably wouldn't be appropriate.. It reads to me as the Buyer had a change of mind regarding the initial purchase but, has now accepted/persuaded that it was too late in the transaction to back-out

Last edited:
•••
If the transaction has now completed to Keiths satisfaction, that probably wouldn't be appropriate.. It reads to me as the Buyer had a change of mind regarding the initial purchase but, has now accepted/persuaded that it was too late in the transaction to back-out
Yet they are still labeled a "thief" in the thread title. It seems to me such words are used loosely and freely far too often on this forum before the dust settles. Then all of a sudden everything is hunky dory. Just saying.

Last edited:
•••
I guess that depends on how you view the events at the time

off-subject
Had a tax office reminder of a substantial outstanding rebate due from last year (that I was well aware of) after making my claim 10 days ago, got a letter this morning saying No tax rebate is due. you wanna hear what I've been calling them all morning, So I'm taking 24 hours before I phone them

Last edited:
•••
Yet they are still labeled a "thief" in the thread title. It seems to me such words are used loosely and freely far too often on this forum before the dust settles. Then all of a sudden everything is hunky dory. Just saying.
I didn’t give all the details but from my perspective it was an attempted theft. Hopefully the mods can update the title and we all move on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back