Dynadot

ResellerCluster Reseller Program Opinions/Reviews

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everybody.

I've just received a call from a guy offering me his website, white label hosting reseller @ ResellerCluster .
He's offering to me a recently-started-business with a minimun amount of customers and minimal revs.

The price looks fair (customers' renewal would pay more than the investment) and the guy doesn'y look like a scammer... Anyway...

Anyway I googled ResellerCluster and got a lot of bad reviews, saying that they don't pay resellers (LOL).
So, basically, the guy might be treating to get from me the money he understood he won't receive from them :-P

Before pass this offer, I'd love to know if anyone has experiences/opinions/reviews about ResellerCluster reselling program..

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
first i read ResellerClub insted of ResellerCluster

•••
I have never ever purchased anything by door-to-door, sales call, postal mail (without previous contact) or email...

I feel that someone would have to be desperate to contact people to buy something or partnership (unless you have a proven track record - not your case if its recently started).

Whereas phoning up for a chat when you can't be face-2-face isn't a too bad way (if you have the skills) to network and offer a service, in an ideal world, but its high risk with the time requirements to success ratio...

I haven't heard of them, never had any dealings with them or know anyone who has (I don't think).

If your gut instinct tells you this is a scam or that they might withhold some of your earnings... why are you considering it?

•••
If your gut instinct tells you this is a scam or that they might withhold some of your earnings... why are you considering it?

Lol thanks. Simply because I'm a curious guy admitting my ignorance (in the strict sense: I absolutely ignored the existance of ResellerCluster before today, I found that they are quiet ment to be a not-paying company, and thought to ask trusted people - you all, Namepros buddies - that might be more informed than me in everything).

About desperateness of the seller, yes it looks like that, but this was my second problem, I can handle by myself, not depending on my ignorance :-D

•••
Well I just googled them... its just a couple of people upset... one from 2011 and one from 2013 I think it was. The lack of positive reviews are a worry, especially that they claim thousands upon thousands use them and collectively have millions of customers. Someone was so upset that they went on a rampage. A delayed payment or something no doubt.

They appear to be some german company. Probably cooked their figures.

If you want to resell, get a dedicated server (or even reseller hosting; some VPS will probably be alright) at your own cost and sell space etc.

If you want to be an affiliate, preferably join a third party (AW, CJ etc) to manage commissions, sending people directly for the company to deal with

No point getting a white label setup for free, getting someone else some customers, and waiting around for payment... the totally wrong way of doing it. They accept anyone, so unlike proper affiliate schemes or Adsense, you aren't treated as a business who are in-effect a partner, but the lowest common denominator customer... you know, its like asking some oversubscribed support worker to unsuspend your unlimited hosting account for using marginally a bit too much CPU as they have oversold the server... you know, they will try and sort it when they can be bothered, rather than priority.

They have minimum payouts (all schemes do, its not unique to them) as the set up is anyone attempts a "business" and the low barriers of entry means no one has a marketing budget etc or super serious (i.e. you have nothing to lose, its not costing you anything; part time hobby stuff), so their business model in fact is knowing that most white labellers wont exceed the $100 threshold.

If they do, they will probably drag their feet a while (a month etc) and then pay out... as long as they don't reach it they will never pay out. The culture is different, its not like the angry person had expenses created within their business and needed the money ASAP for cash flow; the culture is its a hobby for tech-minded people to make some cash on the side. Delaying payment helps them with interest payments.

•••
The culture is different, its not like the angry person had expenses created within their business and needed the money ASAP for cash flow; the culture is its a hobby for tech-minded people to make some cash on the side. Delaying payment helps them with interest payments.

Thanks, you pointed out a vision I wasn't reaching (I admit), i.e. their reseller target is an hobbist who:
- won't care about reelling a probably not-top-hosting
- won't probably reach the $100 treshold
- won't probably mind waiting for a while before receiving is money in case he reaches it

Thanks a lot. Always usefull to chat with people able to open my mind !

•••
Thanks, you pointed out a vision I wasn't reaching (I admit), i.e. their reseller target is an hobbist who:
- won't care about reelling a probably not-top-hosting
- won't probably reach the $100 treshold
- won't probably mind waiting for a while before receiving is money in case he reaches it

Thanks a lot. Always usefull to chat with people able to open my mind !
I am the hobbyist they are targeting. With resellercluster since 2009. Never tried to withdraw, but renewed my services with the money earned through them. Now they are accepting bitcoin is a big plus for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back