NamesCon2020

Requested[Closed]

Labeled as alert in Warnings and Alerts started by creataweb, Mar 9, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Post your deadbeat non-paying buyers here

Did you sell a domain with Sedo, Undeveloped or somewhere else that releases the non-paying buyers info?
    Maybe it's time for a thread to see if we have any repeat offenders and a community blacklist of sorts.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JayT

JayT LIFESAVINGS.ONLINE

[email protected] offered $100 then backed out calling me a little boy while telling me they found a better deal.

3. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2002 - 2019 VIP

It's a small world and the person you out today may be the customer of tomorrow.

Nothing can be gained by this.

4. barman

barman Established Member

Bad karma. Unless they stole money from you, then the deals not done until the money is in your account

5. NameDeck

NameDeck Design. Develop. Deploy. VIP

A blacklist is only appropriate when facts are checked by a trusted authority before being published. Everything else is just slander.

6. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

I have a few. But this thread feels like a scammer shaming thread.

A non-paying buyer is different from someone who steals yiur domain and does not pay.

U still have your domain.

I have a few non-payers. But it just means they backed out. They don't deserve a shaming.

Think about all the times you backed out or returned an item to a merchant because you decided you didn't want it. .

7. EbookLover

EbookLover Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Things like this are illegal in most western countries. You don't have the right to post anyone's personal or identifying information no matter what the circumstances. Regardless of anyone's opinion on it, that is the way it is.

8. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

Is it really ? I never heard of this law. Even if they're legit sca,mers.

9. NameDeck

Yes it is.

10. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

No it's not illegal, truth is an absolute defense. It's actually absurd to use the word "illegal" the word to use would be...libelous. And truth is an absolute defense to libel.

11. NameDeck

Illegal may be a strong word for it but you get the point. Under some circumstances you would be allowed to post private/identifying info on someone in public (as per EU law at least) but this is definitely not one of them.

I know we're not gonna agree on this subject judging by the other thread you created. Thing is, NP states they can not be held accountable for user content which is their right and a good thing.

However, they cannot just condone people putting up blacklists. That would be negligence on their part.

I'd like to think NP is a safe and trustworthy environment. For things like this there are blackhat forums that choose to operate in the gray area.

I respect your opinion though. Under some circumstances I'd be willing to break rules, I get that. But I'd own up to it and have no issue to admit that what I'm doing is wrong. There's simply no point in denying the obvious.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice