IT.COM

alert Requested [Closed]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School PhotoTop Member
Impact
Post your deadbeat non-paying buyers here

Did you sell a domain with Sedo, Undeveloped or somewhere else that releases the non-paying buyers info?
Maybe it's time for a thread to see if we have any repeat offenders and a community blacklist of sorts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
[email protected] offered $100 then backed out calling me a little boy while telling me they found a better deal.

•••
It's a small world and the person you out today may be the customer of tomorrow.

Nothing can be gained by this.

•••
Bad karma. Unless they stole money from you, then the deals not done until the money is in your account

•••
A blacklist is only appropriate when facts are checked by a trusted authority before being published. Everything else is just slander.

•••
I have a few. But this thread feels like a scammer shaming thread.

A non-paying buyer is different from someone who steals yiur domain and does not pay.

U still have your domain.

I have a few non-payers. But it just means they backed out. They don't deserve a shaming.

Think about all the times you backed out or returned an item to a merchant because you decided you didn't want it. .

•••
Things like this are illegal in most western countries. You don't have the right to post anyone's personal or identifying information no matter what the circumstances. Regardless of anyone's opinion on it, that is the way it is.

•••
Things like this are illegal in most western countries. You don't have the right to post anyone's personal or identifying information no matter what the circumstances. Regardless of anyone's opinion on it, that is the way it is.

Is it really ? I never heard of this law. Even if they're legit sca,mers.

•••
•••
No it's not illegal, truth is an absolute defense. It's actually absurd to use the word "illegal" the word to use would be...libelous. And truth is an absolute defense to libel.

•••
No it's not illegal, truth is an absolute defense. It's actually absurd to use the word "illegal" the word to use would be...libelous. And truth is an absolute defense to libel.

Illegal may be a strong word for it but you get the point. Under some circumstances you would be allowed to post private/identifying info on someone in public (as per EU law at least) but this is definitely not one of them.

I know we're not gonna agree on this subject judging by the other thread you created. Thing is, NP states they can not be held accountable for user content which is their right and a good thing.

However, they cannot just condone people putting up blacklists. That would be negligence on their part.

I'd like to think NP is a safe and trustworthy environment. For things like this there are blackhat forums that choose to operate in the gray area.

I respect your opinion though. Under some circumstances I'd be willing to break rules, I get that. But I'd own up to it and have no issue to admit that what I'm doing is wrong. There's simply no point in denying the obvious.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back