Domain Empire

'Request Payment' option is a dud in Flippa Escrow

NameSilo
Watch

Naser

Impact
Hey guys,

With all the negatives posted about Flippa, it'd be wise for NamePros to create a specific forum for them. I have read most of their horror stories and was thinking of the odds of that happening with me. Guess today was my lucky day!

I sold a website worth 8k USD and for the safety of the buyer and my sanity, chose to accept payment via Flippa Escrow, cause it looked better than directly accepting it via PayPal (with all those chargeback horror stories).

Fast forward to the after sale completion stuff, I have filled in my bank details and clicked on the "Request Payment" button. Nothing happened for the first time. Thought second time's the charm! Nothing happened for the 100th time.

With the buyer crawling down on my neck and me worried sick, I tried contacting flippa "priority" support. I got an email after few hours saying that my request was transferred to my listing manager (which didn't reply on time for me, so I tried to go with priority support)

Unfortunately, she did reply quick quoting the fault at the code and the promise of being notified the same to the engineering department. Wondering how a platform can be so irresponsible when it comes to a payment related issue.

I so wish they still had the Escrow.com option.

Will keep you guys updated with the progress....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back