Domain Empire

How do you "deliver" a domain name with Flippa Escrow?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

greggb

Established Member
Impact
So I sold my first domain name at Flippa and now I'm at the part in the escrow process where I'm supposed to "deliver" my domain (to whom isn't specified). Here's the first part of the message:
Payment is stored in our escrow vault.
Once you have delivered 'Flippa listing ---------, you can request that -------- release the escrow payment from our vault to you.

That's all the info I get. There are a couple of links on the page to other pages basically speaking about how fabulous Flippa's escrow service is. But not a shred of useful information along the lines of how in the hell one uses it.

I checked their knowledge base, or whatever it is they call it, and again all I find are articles speaking about how wonderful everything everyone who ever worked at Flippa breathed on is.

I googled this question and all I see are recent sales at Flippa.

So what am I supposed to do? Put this domain name in a bag and hand it to someone on the corner of 34th and 7th?

And has anyone else noticed that google results have started to suck lately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Again, being pretty new to domaining... what I'm inferring is that Flippa's escrow service has the seller transfer/push the domain directly to the buyer. Is that how it works? And is that safe?

•••
I am in the midst of the same thing right now. I requested payment via Flippa Escrow, went through entering the personal info, etc. to become able to receive payments... I am guessing that once the buyer sends payment to the escrow service, then Flippa will notify me to transfer the domain. At that point I'm guessing I will pass the domain directly to the buyer's Godaddy account, and then once he has ownership of the domain, he will be prompted to release the money to me, or I will have to prompt him to release the money.

I agree that the "how to" about this on Flippa is either non-existent or well-hidden. And, the above is just my guesses at how it works, as I just literally completed a sale tonight.

•••
I am in the midst of the same thing right now. I requested payment via Flippa Escrow, went through entering the personal info, etc. to become able to receive payments... I am guessing that once the buyer sends payment to the escrow service, then Flippa will notify me to transfer the domain. At that point I'm guessing I will pass the domain directly to the buyer's Godaddy account, and then once he has ownership of the domain, he will be prompted to release the money to me, or I will have to prompt him to release the money.

I agree that the "how to" about this on Flippa is either non-existent or well-hidden. And, the above is just my guesses at how it works, as I just literally completed a sale tonight.

It's really not any more difficult than that, guys -- the basic premise of an Escrow service.

When it says the funds are stored in the vault, that means that the money is there and ready to deposit to your account. The only thing left to do is transfer the asset to the buyer. Once buyer has the asset s/he will release the funds, or you can request as such.

[email protected] is your friend - direct all inquiries there.

If we need more support articles around this, that is something you should let them know.

•••
This is the method I have used over years and it has worked without flaw. I create the account for the buyer on my current registrar, transfer internally the domain to that account and send the seller only username and instructions to recover the password.

Have not 'lost' a domain in 15+ years.

•••
So I sold my first domain name at Flippa and now I'm at the part in the escrow process where I'm supposed to "deliver" my domain (to whom isn't specified). Here's the first part of the message:
Payment is stored in our escrow vault.
Once you have delivered 'Flippa listing ---------, you can request that -------- release the escrow payment from our vault to you.

That's all the info I get. There are a couple of links on the page to other pages basically speaking about how fabulous Flippa's escrow service is. But not a shred of useful information along the lines of how in the hell one uses it.

I checked their knowledge base, or whatever it is they call it, and again all I find are articles speaking about how wonderful everything everyone who ever worked at Flippa breathed on is.

I googled this question and all I see are recent sales at Flippa.

So what am I supposed to do? Put this domain name in a bag and hand it to someone on the corner of 34th and 7th?

And has anyone else noticed that google results have started to suck lately?
I used to confirm their Godaddy Customer# and ID by asking at the sales completion area. At the right side their ID is already written, but it is better to confirm before transferring the domain.

Secondly, I make sure the registrar ID they are confirming me is the same as they have mentioned, and as it is appearing on the right side of sales completion area as their email ID.

The above process I do, when I see they have submitted payment to the escrow. Then after transferring the domain name, I mention in the sales completion area that I have transferred the domain name so please check and after confirming release my payment.

Thats all I do, and it is a simple & easy experience every time at flippa.

•••
I used to confirm their Godaddy Customer# and ID by asking at the sales completion area. At the right side their ID is already written, but it is better to confirm before transferring the domain.

Secondly, I make sure the registrar ID they are confirming me is the same as they have mentioned, and as it is appearing on the right side of sales completion area as their email ID.

The above process I do, when I see they have submitted payment to the escrow. Then after transferring the domain name, I mention in the sales completion area that I have transferred the domain name so please check and after confirming release my payment.

Thats all I do, and it is a simple & easy experience every time at flippa.

All good points. Communication is key; always make sure you're hearing from the other party in the SCA (Sales Completion Area), and if any issues arise, ping [email protected] immediately.

•••
Then after transferring the domain name, I mention in the sales completion area that I have transferred the domain name so please check and after confirming release my payment.

How do they check that the domain has been transferred to the buyer? Do they check the whois database?

•••
How do they check that the domain has been transferred to the buyer? Do they check the whois database?

The parties handle the transfer, and when the buyer has confirmed receipt of the asset the *buyer* releases the funds -- not Flippa Escrow. However, with any issues that may arise, they can step in if need be to corroborate. I have not seen the need for that very often, almost never I would say...

•••
This is GARBAGE! Flippa should be ashamed. They do not have a true "Escrow" service. Let me tell you how a true escrow service works. Buyer deposits money with escrow service and seller transfers domain to ESCROW...NOT BUYER! escrow will transfer domain name to buyer and release monies at same time. With Filippa they want you to transfer the domain to the buyer....if buyer takes your domain and claims he never received the transfer the seller is screwed! I have sold many domains with Sedo and both parties transfer to escrow. I just sold my first....and last domain with flippa and they are requesting that a transfer my domain to "what and whereever the buyer wants" so if the buyer says he never received the domain i'm screwed...no money and no domain.

•••
Hi guys,

I have made my first Flippa Escrow sale today and after pushing the domain to the buyer, I see that I have to request the release of funds. I clicked the "Request Release" button, choose Paypal as payment option, filled in my paypal email and when entering the 6 digits Pin that flippa sent on my mobile phone and it gives me the following error :
  • Token is not authorized.
I am sure I typed the code correctly (about 15 times as well). I have emailed [email protected] , but no response yet. Did any of you encounter this type of error?

Thanks

•••
Hi guys,

I have made my first Flippa Escrow sale today and after pushing the domain to the buyer, I see that I have to request the release of funds. I clicked the "Request Release" button, choose Paypal as payment option, filled in my paypal email and when entering the 6 digits Pin that flippa sent on my mobile phone and it gives me the following error :
  • Token is not authorized.
I am sure I typed the code correctly (about 15 times as well). I have emailed [email protected] , but no response yet. Did any of you encounter this type of error?

Thanks

having the same issue, any help?

•••
•••
is it just me or have others too never before seen an escrow service that creates so much confusion, questions and problems for people...

•••
This is the method I have used over years and it has worked without flaw. I create the account for the buyer on my current registrar, transfer internally the domain to that account and send the seller only username and instructions to recover the password.

Have not 'lost' a domain in 15+ years.
When you create the account for the buyer, what email address do we have to use ?

•••
This is GARBAGE! Flippa should be ashamed. They do not have a true "Escrow" service. Let me tell you how a true escrow service works. Buyer deposits money with escrow service and seller transfers domain to ESCROW...NOT BUYER! escrow will transfer domain name to buyer and release monies at same time. With Filippa they want you to transfer the domain to the buyer....if buyer takes your domain and claims he never received the transfer the seller is screwed! I have sold many domains with Sedo and both parties transfer to escrow. I just sold my first....and last domain with flippa and they are requesting that a transfer my domain to "what and whereever the buyer wants" so if the buyer says he never received the domain i'm screwed...no money and no domain.

This sounds like the right way 100% and is very much my concern about getting screwed over. i have read nothing but bad things about flippa

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back