NameSilo

Reputation and Trust's impact on sales

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Windoms, Dec 21, 2019

Replies:
Views:

?

Easy, right?

1. Yes

12 votes
    92.3%
  2. No

1 vote
    7.7%
Total: 13 vote(s)
  1. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

@DAN.COM are you completely getting rid of the make offer option?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Windoms

Especially when the buyer has no idea what the domain market is.
    Having a professional guide you through a domain purchase is a big advantage.

3. nothere

nothere Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Marketplaces and well known brokers already use their trust and reputation to sell your (good) names. But their price is 15%-20%, not 10%. So nothing is broken.

If a well known marketplace hired John, Bob, Harvey and dozens of their friends from the "Internets" to lower your broker price, that marketplace would suffer a huge reputational decline. As a broker you are dealing with real money. If I'm dealing with a random individual, the thought that he will back out or try to cheat me is priced in, and I act accordingly. But if a broker hired by, say, DAN, makes mistakes or tries to back out of the deal, the marketplace or company will suffer. They can only survive x number of such bad things, word spreads.

If you have a great name, the name will do 99% of the selling. Once you agree on the price, escrow services kick in. No need to trust anyone and until escrow is funded don't assume anything. In fact, you can still continue to offer it even if you verbally agreed to it...with an *, indicating that you can have if the previous deal falls through (not that most names will have such issues over 2-3 days._

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windoms

@nothere
    Examples.
    People could agree on 10, 20, 30, 50%, whatever they like. DAN's just an example. This can be implemented on any marketplace.

Forget about simply replying to messages, this is the real deal.

We agree on 30%, I share your listing, handle communication, it sells, 30% of sales prices is mine.

Guilty broker is the only one that should feel concerned, his reputation and reviews will go down.
    You as a seller is responsible for due diligence before working with someone.
    Marketplace doesn't have to care about anything. They are just providing value, that will benefit many. 95% good outcome 5% bad outcome is nothing, happens everywhere no need to be scared.

In the meantime people are lowkey making sales happen all the time and those people can certainly (marvellously) benefit from a list of available domain names.

5. Windoms

Update @DAN.COM is setting up brokerage.
    Hurrah.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice