IT.COM

advice Reporting to EU complaints for spamming and sharing my personal info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
Hej,

I was wondering if you guys are receiving all the spam I receive from companies after I have reg'd domains. The culprits are supposedly at GoDaddy and spamming from their servers according to Dynadot, but it's almost impossible to file a report there.

Do any of you know how they are getting personal email addresses etc? I want to close that door to spammers.

Now I am just going to lodge an official complaint for privacy violation and use of my email address to spam me everytime I register a new domain.

https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints-wizard_en

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Email is clearly visible in registry's site (after solving a captcha)

Note that I also own a few .eu domains and haven't noticed any spam originating from them.
Are you sure it's because of the domains and not due to something else? eg. same email for parking and registering or a leak from the registrar etc.

•••
Just to give you an idea of the "scope" of spamming.

There are many deep dark corners of the web where people's personal email addresses end up yours and mine. Some even have your password!

(Well what do you know?)

Email lists can be had for free on sites like Pastebin.

More exotic lists can be bought on the dark web.

For super cheap prices.

These are often hacked data dumps from companies like below.

Yahoo
Linkedin

There are even data scrapers that can harvest the email addresses from websites.

So many ways for spammers to get your personal email.

So if you accuse websites. It's convenient enough to say as a defense "oh well we found with a simple Google search your email address in a data dumps on Pastebin with passwords!"

I always Google my personal email address like below

"[email protected] Pastebin"

Last edited:
•••
I'm mostly getting spammed by GoDaddy's mailservers right after I register a name at Dynadot. What is up with this entire domain industry. Their crap is as secure as 1990's software. Here is this matt idiot using another domain name.

------------------------------
upload_2020-1-25_18-12-37.png

Hey it's Matthew from Domain Support.

Congratulations on getting ***** domain.

Your next step for ****** is to get your website listed on Google, Yahoo, Bing and all the other main search engines.

Once you're listed you'll begin showing up in search results and people will be able to find you!

Getting your domain listed is the first step you should take as a new website owner.

Click here to get ***** added to the search engines instantly.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Yours,

Matt Gordon

Domain Support US

P.S. Please click here to register ****** as soon as possible so it is properly setup.

------------------------------

Have removed most of my GD domains because they are extremely substandard, in every sense, in my professional opinion.

Am planning to leave Dynadot as soon as I can put some time into it. They have a good service but something is leaking and it's annoying when I get so much spam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back