Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cymru /dot co, sold for $1800 at Afternic Faster Payment - Transferred already !

Registered December 2020

My home country.
I know this post will be moved but couldn't resist...

Nice to see a Welsh sale 👍

•••
j/-v.co
Price: $500
Venue: Afternic
Cost: $50 dollars on NP
Hold Time: <45 days

Priced this domain at $999 and then dropped it to $500 and sold it next day, it is a hypen .co, never sold a hyphen name until now, I did register a dozen or so hyphen .com names after I saw Twiki and others with success on hyphen names, those are new and nothing to report on that batch yet. My thought was j/v.co is $XXXX+ name (joint venture) and j/-v.co at $500 was great value for end user, not sure who picked it up, probably could have gotten more than $500, but still learning and adjusting my portfolio prices as I gain knowledge. I think I may have grossly undersold this name, any thoughts would be great from the community, you can DM me, please don't post on here and clutter the thread.

a grossly undersold hyphen co? hmmm I dont think that's even possible.. namebio and here combined. I cannot even remember last time I saw .co hyphen sell... congrats.

p.s. it's easy to lament over whois info aftr sale..but to know who it is b4 sale is more tricky..so sont be too hard on u for this whole whois thing

Last edited:
•••
a grossly undersold hyphen co? hmmm I dont think that's even possible.. namebio and here combined. I cannot even remember last time I saw .co hyphen sell... congrats.
I think it undersold

•••
I think it undersold

I'm sure u do.. let me know when u sell co hyphen for anything..let alone 500
bahaha..oh I know... its never

for all newbies out there about to reg 48484 .co hyphen names... dont.

Last edited:
•••
Please let the sales thread be for reporting sales...

•••
I just brokered P/y/P/a./com for $8000
Marketplace : Flippa
Congrats to Seller And Buyer!

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 4 months. Drop reg.

Story: This domain stayed until now at a quite high $1288 for the name. Originally I have set it lower but I had only a lowball offer $150 which I declined.

After that I moved it to $788 and then at $1288 which I knew was a stretch but I kept it there for a while.

Muscle domains in my opinion aren't 4-fig material, but they sell fast - so I get some here and there if I like the combo. I had some success with them, sale ratio was very good.

I was sure I'm going to flip it shortly. Today I've just reduced some of my prices on the $1...1.5K range to their rightful places, including this one. In just a few hours it sold. I'm happy with this price.

Edit: see the other half of the story here - price sensitivity

Last edited:
•••
Sold Olivia dot TV
Afternic
$900
Hold time 1.5 years
Lots of negotiation back and forth, sweet spot seem to be just under $1000, for this name anyway.

Happy with sale.

•••
Sold Olivia dot TV
Afternic
$900
Hold time 1.5 years
Lots of negotiation back and forth, sweet spot seem to be just under $1000, for this name anyway.

Happy with sale.

Some customers have the max $1K price set in stone (their mind) and won't budge.

And they wanted a deal as well, of course.

Good sale, congrats

•••
•••
Some customers have the max $1K price set in stone (their mind) and won't budge.

And they wanted a deal as well, of course.

Good sale, congrats

Thanks Twiki, yes, I am starting to agree with you there. At the end of the day, it's all about the customer and their expectation (which seems to be $1000 psychologically). I also tested, most times even if you go slightly over $1000, say like $1150, it's a no go. Im not talking about premium or super premium names here, just "good" names.

I also priced some of my co.za names at $950 and it sold through Afternic. Could I get more? Maybe...maybe not. Thing is if you buy a domain for $5, keep it for a year or two and sell it for $950, its a win in my book every time. Without cashflow, your business is dead.

•••
Domain name: Pulmona // (dot) // com
Sale venue: DAN (Aug 12 2021)
Lander: DNS to DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: GBP 2,300 (USD 3,185)
Sale price: GBP 2,300 (USD 3,185)
DAN Fees: GBP 220.41 (9.7%) of GBP 2,277 (1% payment method discount)
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Feb 2021)
Purchase price: USD 8.58 (handreg)
Details: hold time <6 months
Note: I never do any outbound

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: Pulmona // (dot) // com
Sale venue: DAN (Aug 12 2021)
Lander: DNS to DAN
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: GBP 2,300 (USD 3,185)
Sale price: GBP 2,300 (USD 3,185)
DAN Fees: GBP 220.41 (9.7%) of GBP 2,277 (1% payment method discount)
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Feb 2021)
Purchase price: USD 8.58 (handreg)
Details: hold time <6 months
Note: I never do any outbound

Awesome sale, thank you for sharing. May i ask what motivated you to hangreg this name ?

•••
Awesome sale, thank you for sharing. May i ask what motivated you to hangreg this name ?

Thank you. I've registered a lot of short 5/6/7L brandables, most of them catchy but meaningless, and some with a meaning. I registered this one because it can be used in the medical field (pulmonary system). But I don't know if the buyer will use the domain as such.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you. I've registered a lot of short 5/6/7L brandables, most of them catchy but meaningless, and some with a meaning. I registered this one because it can be used in the medical field (pulmonary system). But I don't know if the buyer will use the domain as such.
Hi, congrats

I'm curious to know if it was a drop or an idea you had

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hi, congrats

I'm curious to know if it was a drop or an idea you had

Thanks

This domain wasn't a drop. I've been trying word variations and this one was available for handreg. But I see this domain has been owned by others some years ago.

•••
upload_2021-8-12_20-41-6.png

I don't usually post sales but this one has a funny story that is worth sharing.

So bought this domain for $22 and Badmonkey in the same extension. They expired and are in grace period both have 6 days left.

I wasn't going to renew them. So i thought "i will just put them on auction on namepros for $1" when i created the listing and was going to post it i remembered if they are in grace period i cant push the domain.

So thought to myself "it would be a shame to let this two domain go they have great potential and endusers maybe i will renew them" at that exact moment received this email from afternic :xf.grin: talk about coincidence!

Well since the badmonkey domain has 6 days left if anyone wants it pm me i will sell it for a reasonable amount if i don't receive any pm in 3 days will renew it. :xf.wink:

•••
Show attachment 197501

I don't usually post sales but this one has a funny story that is worth sharing.

So bought this domain for $22 and Badmonkey in the same extension. They expired and are in grace period both have 6 days left.

I wasn't going to renew them. So i thought "i will just put them on auction on namepros for $1" when i created the listing and was going to post it i remembered if they are in grace period i cant push the domain.

So thought to myself "it would be a shame to let this two domain go they have great potential and endusers maybe i will renew them" at that exact moment received this email from afternic :xf.grin: talk about coincidence!

Well since the badmonkey domain has 6 days left if anyone wants it pm me i will sell it for a reasonable amount if i don't receive any pm in 3 days will renew it. :xf.wink:
Offtopic but this was my domain i hold for two years but no luck and sold here for $11. I am Happy you sold it, Time is money.

•••

N F T Y u m . c o m

- sold today for $375 via Epik marketplace
- registered for $8.49 with Epik
- hold time 2 months

{Combination of NFT and Yum (of food - delicious), great potential in my opinion with all NFT buzz recently}

Attachments

• N-y_s.png
    N-y_s.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 139
•••
contact\board\. com, sold for $1900, at DAN

•••
Staffing/recruitment industry looks hot

Sold at SH

Hold time 7 month

Enroll//Star dot com

upload_2021-8-13_20-15-1.png

upload_2021-8-13_20-15-37.png

Last edited:
•••
NFTvault.net
Price: 1500€ ($1760)
Net: 1337€ ($1570)
Venue: DAN (inbound)
Cost: 1,40$ (Hand reg, at an offer price)
Hold Time: 9,5 months

I registered the above domain in November, together with many other NFT domains, in .com, .net and .org extensions.
I had the domain without bin price, and with starting offer of 500€.
I received the offer of 1500€ and I was thinking to counter, but whenever I had countered to .net domains I had never sold them....so I decided to accept the offer and sell it. I was supper happy with this price for a .net domain, even though I know the potential for NFT domains.

•••
NFTvault.net
Price: 1500€ ($1760)
Net: 1337€ ($1570)
Venue: DAN (inbound)
Cost: 1,40$ (Hand reg, at an offer price)
Hold Time: 9,5 months

I registered the above domain in November, together with many other NFT domains, in .com, .net and .org extensions.
I had the domain without bin price, and with starting offer of 500€.
I received the offer of 1500€ and I was thinking to counter, but whenever I had countered to .net domains I had never sold them....so I decided to accept the offer and sell it. I was supper happy with this price for a .net domain, even though I know the potential for NFT domains.

nice...

like for basically all niches.. their potential basically never extends into org or net sales.. unless its mega prem names.. usually regged waaaaaaaay back.. so sales like this are rarity and oddity not commonality..and why newbies should never reg org or net in any niche..

how did u do on the many regs of net and org so far? ty

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 4 months.

Undersold by accident - but it pays for more and better names right now. I have reduced price on some names to get cashflow rolling during slow summer, and someone just got a sweet deal. No hard feelings though...

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Dan make offer, hold time 11 months. Drop reg.

I had mixed feelings about this one, and renewal was approaching and was unsure what to do about it. So I've added it to the discount/clearance tier. 24 hours later it sold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back