Domain Empire

Renting Web Sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If I rented JobsInNy.net and PaJobs.info then how much could I charge? The terms get 4 million monthly searches all together. Of course I would have to develop the sites but maybe I could charge people (because they want to reserve a place so to speak).

Those domains can be easily SEO'ed to the top of Google. I would do the SEO for free.

I don't want to sell the sites because I need them to survive. They're much too valuable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nothing, why wouldn't the person renting just go register the .us or other extensions.

•••
I don't hear too much about domain renting.

•••
renting domains? hmm, not a very common practice. beside, why would someone rent an empty site?

btw, which terms get 4 million searches per month? ask yourself a question, how much traffic the sites are getting right now and how much revene the sites can generate for a person that would be intersted in buying (or in this case renting) the sites? its all upto the return of investment that helps you decide the value

•••
nothing, why wouldn't the person renting just go register the .us or other extensions.

I would have to agree with this comment. I can't see why anyone one would want to rent a website. I always thought this was a strange idea.

•••
I see what you are asking but...
Since you ARE planning on Developing them then wouldn't you just want to do what everyone else is doing: Creating a Valuable website then just renting ad space???

In the meantime your domain/ad space is going up, up, up in value!

•••
there are many domain leasing companies out there, they have not gone anywhere, nobody is dumb enough to rent a website and build up somone elses brand?

•••
there are many domain leasing companies out there, they have not gone anywhere, nobody is dumb enough to rent a website and build up somone elses brand?

I would tend to agree wit you, but there are a lot of companies that offer this service so there must be a demand. There are lots of clueless business owners who know nothing about buying web based services and that is their market.

•••
If you need to rent out names as BAD as PAjobs.info for survival than you are SCREWED.
Develop the names with small Minisites (NOT WHYBother style , but self done e.g. http://pa-jobs.info) and try to sell ad space
It is really your only option.

Last edited:
•••
Yet to see if anyone have any success with domain renting. Never heard this before. Maybe someone can experiment with it. But may be dangerous in longer run, like if adsense and similar ad network bans that domain then that domain become useless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back