NameSilo

Renting domains?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by Dror, Dec 3, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Dror

Dror Established Member

I have some domains that I'm interested in renting out, but that's pretty niche. Any success?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TestCase

TestCase Note: Doesn't play well with others. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Renting/leasing in and of itself should be pretty staight forward.

Negotiate the terms, get a signature, collect the money. Rinse and repeat.

The difficult part will likely be finding enduser(s) that is/are willing to rent/lease your domains.

3. todaygold

todaygold Top Contributor VIP

This has been discussed from time to time on here. Do a search and you'll find a number of topics. To summarize...unless you really have a valuable domain name, most people aren't going to want to rent it. Naturally, most people don't want to advertise and build up traffic to a domain that they don't own.

4. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Alternatively, they may rent it for spamming or fraudulent use, and leave you with a load of problems, and a reduced value for the name.

5. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Misuse is unlikely, if they want to defraud/spam, there are plenty of cheap/throwaway extensions available. A random .com costs < $10.

6. Ryan Stranahan

Ryan Stranahan New Member

Can anyone give me an example of a site that would be good to use instead of Nameforest.com? They have yet to reconnect with me, yet I'm fairly certain my portfolio could be getting utilized.

7. DomaHub

DomaHub Established Member

Hey Ryan,

I am part of a team that is currently working on building a marketplace like this. If you're interested please send me a private message on NamePros or email us at [email protected].

8. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

best to offer a rental or lease option, if a potential buyer is already interested, but doesn't have enough cash on hand to purchase at BIN price.

imo....

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice