NameSilo

Renewing Goaddy with no DDC?

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion, started by pluto459, Jan 24, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. pluto459

pluto459 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for reading.
    Been out of the loop for a while and my domains are starting to renew again. The ddc is double the price and the hacks to get it cheaper dont seem to work. I was going to move everything I can to cloudflare, but I need to renew a few until that happens. The retail renewal prices are absurd and seems I missed the boat of everyone moving already away from godaddy.

Is there any ways or techniques people have used to save money on renewals or the DDC?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I thought that if you had DDC you can renew at the old rate. But I don't know if there is any kind of time limit on this, or your current DDC needs to be current to get the same price.

I don't know of any work around for Auction renewal rates, other than DDC.

What hacks?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

$18+ .com renew with no DC.

and now DDC price went up.

At least the snakes grandfathered OLD DDC pricing.

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Do not move to Sav when if your domain has with less than 2 weeks until expiry. Sav is having problems with the transfer process. Mine is taking two weeks to transfer.

5. Start

Start Established Member

Coupons used to work for renewals (to bring it to maybe $10 or so, as of a few years ago), but I'm not sure if they work anymore.

But you could try searching for coupon codes and try them out.

However, I suggest that you simply transfer them to some other registrar... Dynadot.com has a $7.99 transfer sale right now.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice