Dynadot

Renewal at Network $olution$

NameSilo
Watch

SeaLink

Established Member
Impact
This is meant to be a public service announcement.

I just punched myself in the face for waiting too long to transfer a name away from NS and had to pay their obscene :vomit::vomit::vomit: .com renewal fee of $39.99. I'm an idiot and dragged my a$$ too long to believe that they wouldn't impede the process. The good news is that it's my last name there, and after the dust settles, I'll transfer it away.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you would have attempted to get the code they immediately offer it for $17.95. Best to move or not have auto renew on.

•••
NetSol recently took 8 days and counting to release an auth code for a client. I have contacted folks at Web.com yesterday for assistance but no reply yet. Something seems to be amiss there.

Is there someone from NetSol Operations on NamePros these days?

•••
•••
•••
Look up “unprofessional” in the dictionary, and you’ll see the Network Solutions logo. I don’t see how it stays in business.

I began domaining about 9 months ago, and not knowing the business whatsoever—and immediately began buying domain names for a buck, barely noticing that to renew cost $17.

Well, about a month ago, NetSol stared emailing me, threatening me with various punishments because it was trying to renew the first domain name l bought and couldn’t because my billing info had changed.

Yes, four months before renewal the renewal date, NetSol was trying to renew my domain name—and demanded l give it my billing details. Of course, l didn’t.

I went “into” NetSol, planning to “unautorenew” my domain names. Good luck on that! My English skills are fine, as. I teach the King’s English—but, sadly for me, am a tech-illiterate.

Finally, l called NetSol and told a rep l wanted to renew some of my domains but not all of them—so could she tell me how to turn off auto-renew.
She immediately went into a Plan B she, obviously, knew very well: Trying to get me to begin auto-renewing—and begin asking me what domain names l wanted to renew, so she could do it with me.

I was about ready to lose it: “lt’s four months before l need to renew; I’m not sure which ones l want to renew!”

“Well, l read off your domain names to you, and let’s determine which ones you really want to renew,” she answered. Of course, she just wanted my new billing info. I hung up on her.

After a day of recovery, l re-entered NetSol—and more than a few expletives later, figured out how to disenable auto-renew all domain names at once. Hey, there are several domain names on the list l’m pretty-sure l want to keep, but l’ll wait till the last day or two—or, better yet, figure out a way to pay for them without divulging billing ideas. Any ideas.

Uh-oh—just received another nasty Net Sol threat today. The first two paragraphs:

“We appreciate the opportunity to serve your online needs. We wanted to let you know that the services listed below are set to Auto-Renew but have not been renewed and are in jeopardy of deactivation. Please note, our records indicate that the payment information on file is either out of date or incomplete.

If you have multiple payment methods on file,
we may attempt to use one of them in order to successfully charge your account for this renewal.”

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back