IT.COM

Related fees for a domain transaction

NameSilo
Watch

Pathi

Established Member
Impact
Hi
I am new to the domain industry.I have a small question. Hope you guys help me regarding this.
Suppose i have listed my domain in Flippa and i have a buyer. he wanted to buy the domain using Escrow. Can you please tell me the number fees with the percentages that involve in this transaction?
Also what are the fees related to the transaction doing in Godaddy?
Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I can only tell about Godaddy.

20% Auction Fees
+
5$ Payment Fees
+
Currency Conversion Fees

So, if you sell a domain on GD for 100$

You end up getting 75$ - Currency Conversion Fees (3% Apx) - Apx 73$ net in your bank account.

The above fees applies if you choose the method of wire transfer in godaddy.

Hope it helps.

•••
Hi,

I can only tell about Godaddy.

20% Auction Fees
+
5$ Payment Fees
+
Currency Conversion Fees

So, if you sell a domain on GD for 100$

You end up getting 75$ - Currency Conversion Fees (3% Apx) - Apx 73$ net in your bank account.

The above fees applies if you choose the method of wire transfer in godaddy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info.
If you don't mind can you explain the "5$ Payment Fees" ? Who charge that?
Can the buyer pay money directly through Godaddy?

•••
5$ is charged by godaddy as payment/transaction fees per payment/transaction after deducting 20% auction fees. It is irrespective of sale amount.

Also currency conversion fees applies to cases where currency conversion is required. If your base currency is USD, then you will not be charged this fees.

Can the buyer pay money directly through Godaddy?

Didnt understand this question.

Last edited:
•••
5$ is charged by godaddy as payment/transaction fees per payment/transaction after deducting 20% auction fees. It is irrespective of sale amount.

Also currency conversion fees applies to cases where currency conversion is required. If your base currency is USD, then you will not be charged this fees.

Didnt understand this question.
We need to link our paypal or escrow account to godaddy account in order receive money. Isn't it?

•••
Yes, paypal or bank account, whatever you want.

Paypal fees is 20% + 1$, i believe.

Example that I explained above was money to your bank account through bank wire/neft, whatever you may call.

•••
Yes, paypal or bank account, whatever you want.

Paypal fees is 20% + 1$, i believe.

Example that I explained above was money to your bank account through bank wire/neft, whatever you may call.
Okay. Thank you so much for the explanation. I really appriciate your help. Cheers! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back