Dynadot

Registration suspended

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sorry if this is a daft question - but what does this mean? - whilst looking at a whois for a domain - I get the following information
*** This Registration has been SUSPENDED ***

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 16-Jul-2002
Renewal Date: 16-Jul-2004
Last updated: 30-Jul-2003

Registration Status:
Renewal required.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This might help Renewal required.

•••
Martin Crepaz said:
This might help Renewal required.
Yes - an excellent answer that doesn't actually answer my question... :).. but that's my fault, I didn't really ask what I wanted

ok, Let me rephrase, and actually ask the question I meant...

Obviously it needs to be renewed, but it seems the guy that has it doesn't seem that keen.
So what happens next? - does it go back into the pot for anyone to grab, and when?

•••
Odd one ... is there no "Expiration Date" listed there in the WhoIs? :gl:
Thanks.
B-)

•••
the domain will most likely ...if in grace period have to be renewed..... If current owner does NOT renew within time frame alloted....Domain will be placed back into the pool for anyone to register.....BUT if its a domain with even the slightest traffic/old link pop/or any decent word or phrase it will be snapped milliseconds after it drops domains are being lost to the DROP companies by 1/1000 of a second

•••
is it a 2 letter domain?

•••
Nope, just a nice word phrase domain.

Wanted it for a business idea I had

•••
•••
CoolJeff.com said:
No "Expiration Date" in there (WhoIs), then? :blink:

Nope, other than the name that's everything that is in the whois record.
bit confused...

•••
I bet the expiration date is that "Renewal Date" since the "registered on" and "renewal" dates match. If that's the case then it should be dropping soon since it's been almost 3 months since that July 16th. Best of luck with grabbing it. :tu: :)

•••
Is this a .com domain?

http://www.internic.net/whois.html
Check the status of the domain here. Before a domain is dropped and available for registration again it goes through 'REDEMPTION PERIOD' and 'PENDING DELETE' statuses. This is after the owner has had a chace to renew it. The whole process takes around 90 days to happen from the renewal date, so that name should be coming upon its deletion date soon.

•••
nope, it's a .co.uk name...

So general feeling is it should be grabable soon enough?

•••
mr_love_monkey said:
nope, it's a .co.uk name...

So general feeling is it should be grabable soon enough?

Not sure about .co.uk drop process anymore. Check with detagged.co.uk or dropcatcher.co.uk

•••
damn - somone nabbed it

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back