IT.COM

Registrars that auction expiring domains directly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Let's make a reference list of the small/medium sized registrars that auction the expiring domains directly instead of sending them to snapnames/namejet. I'll start with the obvious ones:

Name.com
Dynadot
Namesilo
Namepal

But I'm sure there are a few more, please post below if you know others

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name.com sends them to Namejet first before auctioning them off.

•••
•••
A few others (Although they allow members to list as well)
auctions.godaddy.com
namecheap.com/domains/marketplace/buy-domains.aspx
netfleet.com.au/auction/ (only AU domains, I believe)

•••
I noticed some LLLL.com's on namesilo , someone already bid the maximum bid ($50), so no further bidding is allowed. What happens to the domain, it's sold to the first person who bids 50? I thought it would have been a regular style auction.

•••
I noticed some LLLL.com's on namesilo , someone already bid the maximum bid ($50), so no further bidding is allowed. What happens to the domain, it's sold to the first person who bids 50? I thought it would have been a regular style auction.

I think on Namesilo it ia more like a BIN which they determine for each domain.

•••
That's correct higher pr domains get a higher bin.
The price goes down closer to auction end 50 > 25 > 15 > 5 > 1

•••
I put a bid on a namesilo auction, but I believe the whois says it was renewed recently. I see credit in my account, but I believe the bid is still appearing on the auction...

•••
So that means on Namesilo,I can just pay for a name i like and no auction since they already determined the price.

•••
Sky: yes but the domain can be renewed by original owner before the listing ends
Sin: that sounds correct the owner can renew, the auction page will still be accessible but if you search the domain on their auction list it won't show, it does happen, maybe people suddenly realising they Had some value.

•••
That demoralizes when one hopes on a good name.

•••
it does, I personally get in on the last 2 days.

But a lot of good names still get sold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back