NameSilo

Register.com $5 for all TLDs, Canada & USA only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gprod

Established Member
Impact
I just found it. I cant be sure does it work:
https://www.register.com//promo/domain-to-website-v2.rcmx?trkID=WWWe01tI2W&clickid=1v%3AQfUxWLW0-1snQF2UO1V5uUkhX2explyBj3c0&iradid=58591&irpid=10621&sharedid=&source=IR

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. Offer valid for new customers in the US and Canada only, limited to a total of three domains. Upon expiration, all products will be renewed at the then current price. This offer is not valid on domain renewals or transfers and is only valid for generally available domain names, and not Premium Names of any kind.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Do you know if they offer free privacy?

•••
Does anyone know if the price includes privacy and also what the renewal rate is? There's no way to email them a question without signing up for an account first. I believe they have a $12 transfer fee so if the price goes way up the second year, transferring the domains could get costly.

•••
If you're using the hidden 0.50USD promo, you'll get endless up-sell emails, service emails and you'll also have a hard time forwarding the domain to any other hosting provider except their own. My advice is don't use that, everything after is a paid service, you'd be better off using namesilo right now and Use code Save$$$ it'll take a dollar off (-$1.00) so it's one of the best deals out there with free privacy.

•••
The transfer out is a huge hassle. They will delay sending the auth code until you call them on the phone, and then try and get you to stay. Also, they are very likely to make it harder with the new ICANN Change of Owner hassle, they already have a bunch of extra locks that are triggered with normal changes
https://knowledge.web.com/subjects/article/KA-01088

Privacy is $11.00
Renewal is $38.00
For reference, the current Register.com gTLD domain renewal fee is Thirty-Eight Dollars ($38.00) for one (1) year, although this amount may be less pursuant to a promotion, bundled service offering or other discount, while the current reinstatement fee is Thirty Dollars ($30.00) plus the related renewal fee, and the current redemption fee is One Hundred and Twenty Dollars ($120.00) plus the related renewal fee. You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing fees are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Register.com.

•••
Do you know if they offer free privacy?

I just asked them on Facebook and privacy is not included. They won't tell me how much it costs unless I call them. Same for the renewal rate. However, there is a $12 transfer fee so if they jack up the price, leaving will be costly.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back