IT.COM

Refund from Hostingplex.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

liam_d

The original NP Emo KidEstablished Member
Impact
Hi all it has been 20 days since i asked for a refund from hostingplex, when i signed up there TOS did not say it takes 30 days to refund a client and i have been told by two different staff one saying it takes up to 30 days the other saying it takes 30 days and that its in the TOS on there forums i pointed out it is not in there TOS and the guy simply said
I'm aware there is no longer a mention of it there - I'm attempting to find out why it was removed.

Either way - refunds can still take up to 30 days to process, whether or not it is mentioned there or not.
And some smart mouth clients of theirs said on the forums
$45 fine for chargebacks, The TOS says there is a 45 dollar to do a charge back .. just send him his $.22 what's left after him paying the 45 dollar charge back and call it a day HP
Well escuse idiot clients a refund is not a chargeback :kickass:

Here also quoting parts of an MSN conversation between me and support;
Ass Weetabix - EmoForum comming soon! says:
so please tell me why it takes 30 days according to you to click a few buttons to send me a refund when it is not in your tos that it does, i was told its to check the tos well i havnt put anything on my vps not even 1 site so theres your answer for the tos i havnt broken 1 rule
Vishnu - Contact me please says:
We're allowed to take as long as we wish to refund the money - thirty days seemed like a nice even number.

What should i do?

you guys and gals may want to also read this i will break it with my own comments

i am still a client until i get my refund and your priority is clients wishes
It hasn't been thirty days - if it goes by that length of time, you have a right to complain.
i have a right to complain now your holding me to something that was not in the tos
which bloody well should be if your stopping clients from getting a refund for 30 days give or take
Technically upon request of refund our contract terminates with the user
how so?
cancellation and refund are different
Well as they're requesting to terminate the agreement
No - they're not.
refund is asking for a refund on money spent and until the user gets the refund he/she is still a paying client
No, they're not - as the refund is scheduled and guaranteed
cancellation is when they cancel there account after refund time is gone and they cancel there account
i am right
oh? you're right?
You'll receive your refund on the 29th day, take care.
thats abusing
oh?
you cant take the heat so you throw me off with me refund after 29 days
well isn't that being professional
that just proves your not even withholding it for the right reasons
The investigation isn't complete
my arse
It is my right to withhold the money for thirty days
its not in the aup/tos so you have no right i dont care what you say it wasn't in my agreement when i signed up
and it sure as hell isn't in there now
Neither is the 15 day money back guarantee if you wish to go that far..
whats that supposed to mean?
There is no mention of the 15 day money back guarantee in the TOS
Only the 30 day for shared clients
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Inverdigm offers an unconditional 30 day guarantee on selected services that covers cancellations of an web hosting account made during the first 30 days of service, due to the inability to deliver satisfactory services. As a part of our strive to achieve industry leading customer satisfaction, the customer will be refunded all hosting charges made to their credit card

I quote myself here 'escuse me but you can shuv that up ur arse' he can shuv that part of his tos up his arse since that covers all hosting plans not his idea of shared only
escuse me but you can shuv that up ur arse
i see no shared clients that 30 day applies to all hosting
i was even told that by another guy
.. liam, you're beginning to really annoy me
and you think waiting 20 god dam days hasnt annoyed me?
take care, blocked once again
should have kept you on the block list
mr professional as always
Most definitely.
this is going on many forums ill see what they say
cant take the heat i guess can you
Guess not.
Should I bring out the logs? When speaking with me do not curse, do not act like a little pris
Simple enough
If you wish to receive a professional response - act semi-respectable
and not like a 12 year old
i am not a 'little pris' i want a refund and you are taking advantage you even had to spite me after me saying about 29 days with this response "You'll receive your refund on the 29th day, take care."
Take care.
youll be hearing from me
Awesome!

how long does it take or let me put it this way how many support/techs whatever does it take in 480 hours (so far) to check 1 vps that hasnt been used for even 1 site

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just do what you're doing - share it with all the forums that you can. In this case, you don't even have to say anything. While a company can take their time on getting your payment back, most reasonable companies will have a refund back to you in about a week or so. IMHO their procedure for refunds is designed to go out of the way to inconvenience the client. However, I'm only on the outside looking in.

•••
CrazyTech said:
Just do what you're doing - share it with all the forums that you can. In this case, you don't even have to say anything. While a company can take their time on getting your payment back, most reasonable companies will have a refund back to you in about a week or so. IMHO their procedure for refunds is designed to go out of the way to inconvenience the client. However, I'm only on the outside looking in.

That is exactly what i was thinking, i said to the guy;
and its not in your tos when i signed up that it takes up to 30 days
i was told after it does which is not right at all
and it should be in your tos
or else staff can abuse the time

After 5 minutes or so of me getting at the guy and then saying this;
You'll receive your refund on the 29th day, take care.

Is it me or is the guy being really stupid, saying that proves he is abusing the time anyway since he said i will have it on the 29th day. (one day before paypal will charge them!).

•••
I think the 15 day money back guanrantee should be refunded on client demand and not a month after.
If this client is planing to move to another host and only has the money sent to his current host. Well he has to wait 30 days.
Wish is pretty bad.

•••
My view is if it doesnt say you'll have the money upon request then they arent doing anything wrong. Certainly they should put a time in their TOS but they arent doing anything wrong by not refunding you immediately, unless their TOS states they will give it to you immediately. What you should do is see if you get your money on the 29th as promised. If not then you should spread the word around about that. As far as I can see this is only bad business practice nothing more.

•••
What can i actually do if they go past the 29th?

I suppose i could possibly involve paypal then.

•••
I'd have to agree - it's not wrong in a legal sense to do what they are doing. However, I would call it bad business practice - hence the reason I said that you should simply post. I go back to my earlier statement that this is just them trying to go out of their way to cause a little trouble for their cancelling customers.

•••
Let me ask you something if someone was witholding a refund for nearly 21 days would you get pretty pissed off like i did?

Ive got people saying crap to me on devshed one person said and i quote two different people here
You cussed at a host, and pretended to be a legaly knowledge
Hi,
Well you see.. if the refund policy was never there to begin with and i was trying to be nice, your rudeness brought you nowhere. I would immediately terminate your accounts, withhold your payments or suspend you for however long.

Although you're a paying customer, you need to have more respect for the company you deal with. They will provide services to a certain extent, but when you ask for too much it no longer becomes their responsibility to provide for your every single pointless request.

You need to cool down and stop cursing at people holding your cash.. they could make your life miserable
The second guy starts off saying i and then they as if hes realised half way through hes saying it was him doing it and then switched to the company...i think hes the guy i was talking to on MSN.

•••
You cussed at a host, and pretended to be a legaly knowledge

I think the lack of proper grammar speaks for itself. I wouldn't even waste a reply to that one. I'd hope this was made by a person not very fluent in English.

As for the chat, no offense, but I'm not going to read it all. The best thing you can do in those situations is present yourself as professionally as possible. You can be firm with them, however. I wouldn't exactly deem this a pointless request either, I too would have been frustrated with a company telling me it's going to take 30 days for a refund. Even the largest coporations get refunds out much quicker than that.

•••
I know if we had a host rating as well as domain registrar rating on here they would be all 0's.

They were also 3 hours late in setting up my VPS, it was bad all the way through.

And now i am permanently banned from devshed for someone posting an aim conversation!!

Is it me or is it not the right of admins and mods to ban someone unless its on the forums they dont have a right to ban me for something i say to someone on aim that made an attack on me at devshed...he should be banned not me????

•••
Sure you should be banned. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but you have to understand that if a mod or admin feels you should be banned then you should be and will be. Simple as that. The mod/admin has the power just as the company youre dealing with has the power. I understand that you may be fustrated but why are you giving this company a bad name when they indeed told you when you will get your money and they havent broken any promises yet?

Again I'm just trying to say you should relax on the accusations until the date that they said youd have your money passes without it. That would be the only clear wrong thing that they have done.

•••
They said the 29th i was patient its now the 30th, what shall i do?

•••
I would contact them again and tell him that you were told it would be ready on the 29th but it is now the 30th and if they don't cooperate then you would have to take legal action then but for the amount you paid it is not worth it.

•••
What there doing is pretty much illegal if they dont hand over my money.

•••
hostingplex offering are very nice compare to any other host, offcourse they will refund your money back or you can ask your credit card provider for a chargeback.

•••
It has now been 31 days since they said they would this is rediculus and my credit card actually refused it but paypal sent payment anyway so i have a negative balance on paypal so i cant do i credit card chargeback since its basicly paypals money i used.

•••
•••
Any one that refuses to refund is a loser in my book. If someone asked me for a refund I would give them that refund right on the spot. No if's and's or but's.

•••
I have dealt with vishnu before, but i was doing a webdesign, he was extremely confusing, told me to do one design, i finished it, spent alot of time doing it, then he changed his mind saying he'd said something different all along, when he didint.

•••
Shame, really shame. What kind of business blocking clients on MSN and even commenting with "rude" sentences.

We're allowed to take as long as we wish to refund the money - thirty days seemed like a nice even number.

•••
I got banned from devshed for this exact post, they have a lot of friends over at devshed...i was told the same would happen to me at webmaster talk if i posted it there...looks like this is the only decent forum where the admins and mods are not corrupt.

And i have had little word from them, i got a guy reply to my post on the forums and all he asked for was my support centre ticket id which i gave him and now nothing...onto day 32 i guess :( $64 (give or take) is a lot to loose when 16, out of work and seriously ill :(

•••
Well like I said earlier, when anyone asks me for a refund I will give it to them. I would never play them up like this. It is stupid, immature, childish and unprofessional in my book.

•••
Its been 33 days its obvious i am not going to get a refund is there anything you guys can do to help me?

•••
Liam, I'm not sure how to help really. Did you try their toll-free? How much they should refund to you right now?

•••
As it stands i need $64.95

Can i ring there toll free from england and wil lit still be free as its across seas?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back