Dynadot

Recovering a Gsuite account for expired domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I bought an expired domain a while ago and I just found out that this domain has a Gsuite account.

I know that there are people here selling domains that have legacy (free) Gsuite accounts attached to them, and I'd like to know how to recover the Gsuite account:
1. Knowing which email address is the admin account for the Gsuite?
2. How to recover the account so that I can get access to the Gsuite features.

All of the info I could find assumes that I know which is the admin user. I have set a catchall email address, but nothing has come out of that yet. Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only way you could know for sure that the domain had a previous legacy Gsuite account is if the previous owner of the domain told you that it did most likely. So, I would go back to the previous owner and ask if he or she would be willing to hand that account over to you or not. Just because you own the domain it does not mean that the rights to the Gsuite account belongs to you. That Gsuite account could hold several email accounts containing confidential information and you trying to change the password on the admin account would be an attempt of theft. I have a legacy gsuite account and I use it for more than 1 domain. I use it for 2 domains. Just because 1 domain doesn't work with it anymore, it doesn't mean the other doesn't. It is also possible the previous owner could have upgraded their gsuite account. Once it is upgraded, you can use the gsuite account with any domain you want.

•••
Hi @snowbird and thanks for your reply. I'm really not interested in their old info, but I wanted to be able to delete all the old users and make my own user accounts with the domain. For that I need admin access.

•••
To admin/moderator who moved this thread to "Reviews"... How is this a review?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back