NameSilo

guide Recieved an offer less than an hr after I hand registed it today..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ShowMeDomains

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiastsTop Member
Impact
A big "buzz phrase" currently is,
PositiveSchoolCulture, which i registered today.

While I was waiting for my new domains to be added to Sedo I also listed them at Dan()com.

(Still haven't had a chance to switch Name servers to Dan name servers yet).

less than an hr later I received a low ball offer of $99.

I was able to figure out who the offer came from and its the CEO of a very nice looking Web development/Services, CRM etc Company.

I just wanted to share the steps I took to track down who the offer came from and how I responded to his offer based on the information I was able to collect on him.

I'm sure for many of you this is common knowledge so this is more geared toward the newer domain investors.

His dan profile name was his first and last name with middle initial.

I Searched that on whoxy.com, got a hit on his name and reviewed the domains registered to his name.

In reviewing his portfolio, I saw the geographic location for the the registered owner of the listed
domains, which matched his Linkedin personal profile location.

His personal linkedin profile, listed him as the CEO of his company, which is a web Development company.

I reviewed his companies website to see the types of clients there were in his portfolio and location of the business.

Concluded that this is for sure, the person who made the offer.

Note: His name is a very common name and there were a couple times i thought i had the right person but needed to be certain which is why you always want to be thorough in this.

His Geo location was not a very common area too, which helped confirm he was the correct person.

So now back to the offer, I know who he is now and have a pretty good idea of his spending potential.

My Response to $99 offer on my less than 1 hr old domain:

I thanked him for the offer, declined it and politely said,
"I'm sure with your knowledgeable background in seo & web dev and also being the CEO of a successful website dev company,( named his actual company name), that you're aware that's not a serious offer for this domain."

I then complimented his companies online portfolio, (again, using the actual company name), and said if you'd care to make a serious offer in the future please feel free.

Then I messaged him on Linkedin letting him know i just replied to his offer on Dan.com and thanked him again.

I just thought I'd share for all the folks that bash hand regs and also for all the people that do hand regs.

If you do your homework, and read A LOT on future market trends for various industries, tech, education, health, etc., there are plenty of available key word rich, exact match domains yet to be registered.

Honestly I could care less that it was a low ball offer, it just feels good when your research and efforts are validated.

The sales will come.

Happy Hunting everyone.

Mike

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well, potential congratulations since its a potential sale. Good luck! :)

•••
Hi Mak,

You are lucky person, if someone is offering $99 within 1 hours...great response ..definitely no one accept the offer because..you have more 365 days get new offer. deal is final in $1000 or still waiting for another zero. Best of luck.

•••
Hi Mak,

You are lucky person, if someone is offering $99 within 1 hours...great response ..definitely no one accept the offer because..you have more 365 days get new offer. deal is final in $1000 or still waiting for another zero. Best of luck.

the buyer finally found you
you are typing into google when you use namepros

•••
•••
nice share @Makbliss and i really appreciate the way you elaborate how you find it , it will really help us to find the real or fake offers

Last edited:
•••
A big "buzz phrase" currently is,
PositiveSchoolCulture, which i registered today.

While I was waiting for my new domains to be added to Sedo I also listed them at Dan()com.

(Still haven't had a chance to switch Name servers to Dan name servers yet).

less than an hr later I received a low ball offer of $99.

I was able to figure out who the offer came from and its the CEO of a very nice looking Web development/Services, CRM etc Company.

I just wanted to share the steps I took to track down who the offer came from and how I responded to his offer based on the information I was able to collect on him.

I'm sure for many of you this is common knowledge so this is more geared toward the newer domain investors.

His dan profile name was his first and last name with middle initial.

I Searched that on whoxy.com, got a hit on his name and reviewed the domains registered to his name.

In reviewing his portfolio, I saw the geographic location for the the registered owner of the listed
domains, which matched his Linkedin personal profile location.

His personal linkedin profile, listed him as the CEO of his company, which is a web Development company.

I reviewed his companies website to see the types of clients there were in his portfolio and location of the business.

Concluded that this is for sure, the person who made the offer.

Note: His name is a very common name and there were a couple times i thought i had the right person but needed to be certain which is why you always want to be thorough in this.

His Geo location was not a very common area too, which helped confirm he was the correct person.

So now back to the offer, I know who he is now and have a pretty good idea of his spending potential.

My Response to $99 offer on my less than 1 hr old domain:

I thanked him for the offer, declined it and politely said,
"I'm sure with your knowledgeable background in seo & web dev and also being the CEO of a successful website dev company,( named his actual company name), that you're aware that's not a serious offer for this domain."

I then complimented his companies online portfolio, (again, using the actual company name), and said if you'd care to make a serious offer in the future please feel free.

Then I messaged him on Linkedin letting him know i just replied to his offer on Dan.com and thanked him again.

I just thought I'd share for all the folks that bash hand regs and also for all the people that do hand regs.

If you do your homework, and read A LOT on future market trends for various industries, tech, education, health, etc., there are plenty of available key word rich, exact match domains yet to be registered.

Honestly I could care less that it was a low ball offer, it just feels good when your research and efforts are validated.

The sales will come.

Happy Hunting everyone.

Mike
So you checked him out and then stalked him, but left the door open for a future negotiation.

I smell a bunny cooking!

Last edited:
•••
•••
so this is sold and paid?

well.. its nice quick offer for sure...
but domainers need more roi than this for renewals, new acquisitions.. and bit of profit as candy money :)

gl

•••
Congratulations in advance on a potential sale.

•••
That's lovely to hear it's so quick.

On the other hand, i also agree with some folks that it'd be too risky when you fully revealed your finding on the end user. I'm not sure but for a CEO guy, he/she could be impressed by your smart efforts but might hold back a bit like emotionally "hurt".

Anyway good luck and wish final update from you soon:xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
It was a good move, but personally I will not contact him from linkedin etc... you got an advantage to play in the negociation, but disclosing it is a bit risky.

Wish you all the best and hope you will get a nice deal.

Good luck

•••
but for my opinion, if I were a buyer I would feel like a bit harassment. why..because I contacted you via DAN platform but you approached back to me on both DAN and LinkedIn. I would not happy if someone who I don't know approaching me from another platform that I not the one who first approached them.

The inquiry came from DAN, we just simply counter back via DAN platform. do the research, everyone would do but we just keep that for our information, when we mentioned that I know your owned blah blah blah if I were a buyer I would not happy about that.

This is just mine opinion.
Good luck

•••
Did I miss something? Why didn't you counter with a value you place on the domain? You never know he may have jumped on it.

•••
Don't sell CHEAP!!!!

From the King on Twitter:

99.9946% of my entire portfolio of #Domains is still intact. I already pumped out enough oil on those 34 sales for a lifetime. This was by design cuz of my strong belief: Sell as few #domainnames for MY VALUATION, NOT THEIRS! Or simply walkaway! Never be weak!

•••
Don't sell CHEAP!!!!

99.9946% of my entire portfolio of #Domains is still intact. I already pumped out enough oil on those 34 sales for a lifetime. This was by design cuz of my strong belief: Sell as few #domainnames for MY VALUATION, NOT THEIRS! Or simply walkaway! Never be weak!
True to the extent that you have alternative source(s) of income, something to fall back on. Unfortunately, not everyone does!

•••
That's social engineering, and I think it's will not work on all types of Buyers, If it was me and the seller said I know who you are, I will immediately cancel my offer.

But I congrats to for Taking the courage to do this, Good luck

PS: Sharing the deal before it complete can hurt your sale

Last edited:
•••
Don't sell CHEAP!!!!

Can you share the twitter profile please ?

Thank you

•••
Mak, congrats on the offer. I hand registered WorldOfPasta.com a year or 2 ago and less than 2 months later it sold for $2,500. It's certainly possible to sell it at your price. I know it seems silly, but putting a price up there like $1,999 looks a lot better than $2,000. It may be gimmicky, but it works better. WorldOfPasta.com only sold at $2,500 because he came in with an offer from an Afternic rep. I had it priced at $2,999 or $3,999 if I recall correctly.

•••
Thank you Bob, and I would like to nominate you for the most positive and friendly member on NamePros. 🏆
Really though, appreciate your kind words.
Mike
second demotion

•••
I'm learning a lot from Bob post and blogs. thank you Bob.

•••
•••
Sell him for 99 and go to invest in more quality domain at GD expired auc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back