IT.COM

available Recently dropped and available .IN domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list good .in domains which dropped recently and are available to register again:

digital-camera.in
discjockey.in
deejay.in
demonstration.in
etrip.in
golfresort.in
mclaren.in
ladyboy.in
linkinpark.in
new-zealand.in
nicosia.in
public-relations.in
pokerking.in
suntravel.in
storehouse.in
yogashop.in

Cheers
meditang

Edit:
You can get a list of today's expiring .in and co.in domains at http://www.expiring.in

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good work coreyg :) congrats

•••
Are people still registering .ins? OR are you letting them drop ? It seems a bit quiet here.

•••
advaita said:
Are people still registering .ins? OR are you letting them drop ?

both :)

•••
advaita said:
Are people still registering .ins? OR are you letting them drop ? It seems a bit quiet here.

Bought and Holding.

•••
advaita said:

Keeping the good letter quality names, all premiums, double premiums, pronounceables popular acronyms etc are all being renewed. Random low quality ones are either being flipped for cheap or some worse ones being dropped.

:)

•••
advaita said:

Renewing and holding.

Buying bargains in the aftermarket and renewing.

Basically, renewing :D

•••
That's good to know - I've been letting net.ins drop but renewing the others

•••
available.co.in
assignment.co.in
appeal.co.in

TAKEN :)

•••
We are in a global depression like situation and you guys are still wasting money registering crap .in names !

Use your money wisely. Even the LLL.COM names have come down a lot. Selling for 4k now compared to 10k + few months ago and this is just the beginning.

Most LLL.COM names are still undeveloped and still for sale. So there will be greater selling pressure and lesser appreciation.

I've been mentioning this since the beginning of the year.

More pain to come to those excessively speculating.. Whether it is stocks or real estate or domains, there is more to come.

Good Luck and be WISE!

•••
iamneo said:
We are in a global depression like situation and you guys are still wasting money registering crap .in names !

Use your money wisely. Even the LLL.COM names have come down a lot. Selling for 4k now compared to 10k + few months ago and this is just the beginning.

Most LLL.COM names are still undeveloped and still for sale. So there will be greater selling pressure and lesser appreciation.

More pain to come to those excessively speculating.. Whether it is stocks or real estate or domains, there is more to come.

Good Luck and be WISE!

Good words of advice. I've been meaning to write something about this after watching some of the stuff that's being reg'd recently. You beat me to it.

There are and always will be opportunities to catch something good or even great... but without knowledge or experience all you're doing is taking uneducated risks. Its always good to be wise, even more so now.

%%-

•••
iamneo said:

Good Luck and be WISE!

nice :) repped :p

•••
haha.. was that intended for these 3 domains ?

Available|Appeal|Assignment ?

i'm a newbie so curious to know your thoughts on it :]

•••
bill786 said:

thats not personal i think :) but its just general good advice

any way your names are good :tu:

•••
No.. it wasn't directed at you at all.

Just the names that are being released are mostly crap. Even many triple letter .IN names (unless valid acronyms) make no sense now at $15 reg fee.

There are lot better things you can do with $15 and there are plenty better investments. Most names are being dropped for a reason, They couldn't be used to make money.

Unless you have an idea to monetize or build a business, don't reg names for speculation (especially .in .mobi .asia).

There still are plenty .COM/.NET/.ORG that are really good and going cheap now and might fall further.

I would rather buy 1 .com/.net/.org that is a gem than 40 .IN's that are average at $14.

I got 2 names at namejet last month. The $69 name makes me $15/month and the $160 name makes me $12/month. I haven't made a SINGLE penny off my "dictionary/PRIME" .in names in the last 3 years and they are bleeding me at $15/year for the last 3 yrs..

I even get far better offers for .com/.net/.org vs .in constantly and that is not going to change.

My point: Don't get carried away with .IN, Look at other names dropping at other places. Far better bargains there.

Good Luck!

PS: Thanks for the REP. Truly Appreciate it!

bill786 said:

•••
iamneo said:
Just the names that are being released are mostly crap. Even many triple letter .IN names (unless valid acronyms) make no sense now at $15 reg fee.
One man's poison is another's meal. I've sold quite a few of these 'crap' names that other people drop for $300+. As for lll.in - you just cant lose if you can hold long term.

iamneo said:
There are lot better things you can do with $15 and there are plenty better investments.
Like buy a crappy .com of tdnam?

iamneo said:
Most names are being dropped for a reason, They couldn't be used to make money. Unless you have an idea to monetize or build a business, don't reg names for speculation (especially .in .mobi .asia).
Developers, Builders and Home owners make money off real estate. But you forget one important part of the equation - Speculators. A smart speculator with good cash flows can actually make more money of a property than any of the other three.

I'd agree about .mobi and .asia, but by lumping .in with the lot, you're just showing how shortsighted you really are. Do a little research, it might surprise you.

iamneo said:
There still are plenty .COM/.NET/.ORG that are really good and going cheap now and might fall further.
72 million .coms registered, less than 1 million .in, which do you think has more opportunities to convert reg fee into $1000? For the same keyword .com is undoubtedly better, but for the keywords you can get for reg fee in .in compared to .com, you'd be foolish to go the .com route.

iamneo said:
I would rather buy 1 .com/.net/.org that is a gem than 40 .IN's that are average at $14.
Yes, you probably would but what you call a gem would have 1/40 chance of a decent roi as compared to .in, which would have in any case the chance of getting a better name than .com ever will.

I would rather buy one premium .in than 40 drops, because the ROI on the premium .in would easily match a .com bought at the same price. 1 premium v/s 40 regs is a regret i live with, renewals are murder. But never have i second guessed my decision to go after premium .ins v/s .coms at the same price points and never will.

iamneo said:
I got 2 names at namejet last month. The $69 name makes me $15/month and the $160 name makes me $12/month. I haven't made a SINGLE penny off my "dictionary/PRIME" .in names in the last 3 years and they are bleeding me at $15/year for the last 3 yrs..
You're lucky, now tell me how many of these 'gems' you've bought at namejet (which is the shill bidding capital of domaining) that have actually made these type of returns. If you average the purchase price out v/s the returns, i can assure you you'd have done better with .in

iamneo said:
I even get far better offers for .com/.net/.org vs .in constantly and that is not going to change.
No its not, probably without a local take on matters, you dont project the domains well enough and hence don't really get offers for the .ins or maybe your lot is not that great to begin with.

iamneo said:
My point: Don't get carried away with .IN, Look at other names dropping at other places. Far better bargains there.
I bought spyshop.in for $1, renewed it for $14. Total cost of $15 atm, try and get me a half decent domain in .com that has similar ovt/results with extension and we'll talk further.

•••
Do any of you get any decent returns on parked .ins?

•••
yes..

Sedo pays me every month in US$

Cheers
Corey

•••
advaita said:
I don't even make close to the cost of renewal. But some domains perform real well. Some do huge traffic, no conversion - have something in mind for them ;)

•••
Well.. If you look at the history of sales, .IN still is quite LOW and DROPPING..

You might think you are the smartest guy in town and register all those names.. But good luck with that working out..

I purchased .com/.net/.org/.in/.tv primarily that last 10 yrs. My ROI has been best on .COM mostly.. but now that has changed in favor of .NET and .ORG's

.IN are still sucking wind relatively the last 3 yrs.

If there still buying people speculatively, that has been falling ALL across the board and .IN is likely to get hit bad relatively..{perhaps better than .mobi and .asia}

.MOBI's were selling like hot cakes even for names gotten at reg fee until last year..The ROI was huge.. But that has changed pretty rapidly..

Smart people are AHEAD of the curve.. If you want to keep hoping/praying that your .IN investments pay off.. That is upto you..

The RISK/REWARD ratio is not in favor of .IN's now. Wheneven people become conservative & speculative bubbles burst, there is a massive shift.

In fact you can see the BIGBOYS grabbing names for cheap at namejet. simplemenu.com sold for just $69 couple of weeks ago and buydomains got it on namejet. That is just one example off the top of my head.

I've gotten great results from namejet names.. My best names were from namejet and few gems from tdnam. But they are harder to look and find compared to .IN's. You need to be creative in finding them and learn WHY they would do well.

Anyways, I've done this for years and made a killing. If you want to listen and gain insight or disregard and argue, it is upto you.. I am done.

Good Luck!

•••
advaita said:

Nothing worth shouting about to be honest. The only reason I park them is in the hope that they get seen on sedo search and attract an end-user. So far I've only sold 3 LLL.in's out of about 200 that I own... because they were spotted at Sedo. Two sold for $700 each and the third I sold privately after the buyer got my details via whois (after seeing it on sedo).

The highest paying name I have gets $0.04 per click at best and it generates no more than $20 per month. I'm keeping it parked till I have the time to develop it. The keyword would normally pay well if developed.

:)

•••
iamneo said:
Well.. If you look at the history of sales, .IN still is quite LOW and DROPPING..
.IN are still sucking wind relatively the last 3 yrs.
.IN is likely to get hit bad relatively...
I assume you're upto speed with .in sales v/s cost ratio of late? Namebio lists 6 pages of 3, 4, 5 figure sales if you care to get up to speed with it.

People tend to ignore the real question when touting other extensions - ROI. Whats more intelligent? Spending 5 yrs renewal at $15/yr or spending hundreds on a .com in auction while outbidding 'ghost' bidders.

iamneo said:
Smart people are AHEAD of the curve.. If you want to keep hoping/praying that your .IN investments pay off.. That is upto you..
I don't really need to hope and pray, the sales i'm having and seeing are enough for me to know i'm ahead of the curve on this at least ;) People who've missed this particular boat will regret this opportunity, hindsight is always 20/20.

iamneo said:
The RISK/REWARD ratio is not in favor of .IN's now. Wheneven people become conservative & speculative bubbles burst, there is a massive shift.
You're absolutely right, an increase in LOCAL non speculative user base of web users from 60 million to 500 million would definitely harm the long term prospects of .in :D

iamneo said:
But they are harder to look and find compared to .IN's.

You need to be creative in finding them and learn WHY they would do well.
Actually, this is exactly what i've been saying. Its easier with .in - and costs less to boot, with the potential for the same total ROI and at a higher multiple of cost of investment.

iamneo said:
Anyways, I've done this for years and made a killing. If you want to listen and gain insight or disregard and argue, it is upto you.. I am done.
Its good to know and I do hope you keep making a killing.

•••
This is a really helpful discussion. Kinda like snoop over at the LLLL thread. It's good food for thought.

I haven't seen much with my .in domains, and it looks grim. But, on the other hand, I don't see how these could fail to take off (barring some catastrophic shift in fortunes.)

Comparisons to mobi and asia are like comparing apples and anchors. There is no Republic of Mobi, or United States of Asia. Nobody has any natural allegiance those names. Their appeal has to be manufactured. ccTLDs have a natural advantage, and will be good investments practically everywhere except very small countries.

India is a massive country, growing rapidly, huge labor force, excellent education, and a functioning democracy. It's not inconceivable that some .in domains could exceed .com domain values, especially if their appeal is domestic.

So I am looking at the rock bottom market for these domains, and wondering if I am missing something very obvious to everyone else, or if everyone else is missing the obvious.

In other words...am I crazy, or is everybody else crazy?

If I am crazy, it's nice to know I'll have good company in the asylum. :lol:

•••
.in's be careful

especially newbie's beware of .in's

Its not .com nor .co.uk

You will never make a killing. Regg fee will kill your investment.

Get one generic .in compared to 10 good ones.

Do not regg comparing to .com .co.uk or net domains.

.in are crap for parking. Prepared to get no offers to low offers.

in india there are 2 important extensions, serps give equal importance to .co.in & .in.

my bits ( I have dropped around 300 domains) will drop 700 more soon. .in's did not fly as expected. No way with recession etc, .in as no chance for next couple of yrs. Instead try to catch good generic's, so many good .in's /.co.in are dropping.

V good .in & .co.in generic's have x,xxx value. others garbage.

•••
looking forward to catching your drops ^

Cheers
Corey

•••
advaita said:
one my .in make 7$ (it's a government site typo )

coreyg said:
looking forward to catching your drops ^

Cheers
Corey

:bingo:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back