NameSilo

opinion Recently Deleted Domains With High Back link Strategy 2018

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is this a good strategy for recently deleted domains

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    16.7%
  • No

votes
    16.7%
  • Have no idea

votes
    66.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

briguy

Guru In Remission!Top Member
Impact
Okay a little background history.. When I first started buying domains (around the time, I joined Namepros), I would search for deleted domains with high back links (and or PR), buy them and redirecting them to one of my sites!

I stumbled upon this strategy by accidently buying a domain, parking it and notice the high amount of visits, it was getting making me money!

Also, I know that this strategy was used back then for PBN (private blog networks),
Building Authority Sites, Private Web 2.0 Blog Networks, and Niche Websites

So, recently, I been trying this strategy again even though (PR is dead and parking now what it used to be)!

Now my question is...

Do you think this is still a good strategy in 2018?

Any suggestions on how to keep the site indexed?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Briguy,
Your strategy is smart and your hitting a niche that (IMO) will lead you a couple of different ways to create, manage, and maintain a/your PBN. Some challenges with true traffic domains (e.g name could look terrible as a domain, but has great brand flow and traffic)
  • If you are using it for a PBN you have to dig deep into the actual trust flow and see what industry it's from. If you start pointing trust flow of education to computer - your PBM will blow up and ruin your SEO. likely deindex the names soon enough.
  • Make sure it's indexed, if you like DA check it. I believe Trust Flow is far more important, my opinion. But for argument sake DA and TF no less than 12, in the identified flow (DA maybe 20ish)
  • Restore/rebuild site immediate after purchase to maintain indexing ( this is where the real decisions have to be made) How do you manage this? New content or restore old site from archive?
Your now moving more into SEOish world. We should connect sometime and chat - might be able to collaborate a bit - I have the begins of a PBM rolling.

Have a great weekend,
Brian

•••
I'm bit unsure of what you are asking... Is your question about SEO? In this forum, most people have no clue and don't give a damn for backlinks etc. Indeed these are two very different businesses. If you have a great name, you can't care less whether the domain has backlinks or is indexed or stuff like that.

•••
I'm bit unsure of what you are asking... Is your question about SEO? In this forum, most people have no clue and don't give a damn for backlinks etc. Indeed these are two very different businesses. If you have a great name, you can't care less whether the domain has backlinks or is indexed or stuff like that.
Well, no necessarily true about "backlinks, indexed or stuff like that" and that is kind of a " paint with a big brush statement"

Maybe just maybe, take a look at this part of the forum..

Domains Buyers Request ( https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-buyer-requests.10/ )

Here are some titles of the threads..that domain buyers are looking for

Brandbucket and brandpa names (listed/indexed at Brandbucket/Brandpa, classifies as "stuff like that")

Buying Two Word Brandable .coms + Brandpa (same as above)

3% of GoDaddy appraisal for Com, Org appraised above $4000 (percentage of Godaddy appraisal, classifies as "stuff like that")

Geo domains wanted (classifies as "stuff like that")

As for "If you have a great name" well, the operative word is "great" (what defines a great domain..seems every seller has a "great domain" and every buyer looking for a "great domain" at bargain price

And what I am asking is at bottom of original post ,
"Do you think this is still a good strategy in 2018?
https://www.namepros.com/threads/re...back-link-strategy-2018.1096195/#post-6856085
Any suggestions on how to keep the site indexed?"

The first question is what I am really looking for answers for...

Maybe an easier way to explain, people buy domains to flip (hopefully), people buy domain to develop (hopefully and the strategy that I am referring to is part of developing a domain)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank @DnameAgame (when I decide which direction that I am going, I will contact you). One of the research tools that I using is
Wayback Machine

this is the domain that I just registered
SuccessProfessor.ca

•••
I use to buy some domains back in the day and when I sold them that would be a big selling point. Today there are a lot of people that still care about that stuff, but only if they are developing are forwarding. IMO it is still relevant to a lot of people. Like @briguy said

•••
99% of the times that you see an ugly domain at auction selling for a wtf price is because of links. For example: razor-qt.org is a reg fee name, it was sold yesterday for $500 at DropCatch.
Checking the backlink profile it has some good links from slashdot.org, linuxjournal.com, gnome.org, etc.
It will be used for a PBN for sure, your strategy is still being used today.

Last edited:
•••
99% of the times that you see an ugly domain at auction selling for a wtf price is because of links. For example: razor-qt.org is a reg fee name, it was sold yesterday for $500 at DropCatch.
Checking the backlink profile it has some good links from slashdot.org, linuxjournal.com, gnome.org, etc.
It will be used for a PBN for sure, your strategy is still being used today.

So true about "ugly" domains...one thing that I learnt to do especially if the word looks like jibberish to me (but has high backlinks etc) is put it through google translator..
For example, "Schmetterling" looks weird to me but in German, it translate to "Butterfly" (could have used a better example but that word (butterfly) came to my mind)

So, basically what I am getting at is because it looks ugly/weird to me doesn't mean it is a "ugly/weird" word in another language!

Thanks @urljunky I value your opinion!

•••
How do you identify and locate domains with a reasonable backlink profile?

•••
•••
99% of the times that you see an ugly domain at auction selling for a wtf price is because of links.

In my case, it was exactly an opposite. I started from SEO and was doing SEO domaining, and always used to be amazed how people would pay hundreds and even thousands for all those absolutely useless domains with no backlinks :xf.grin::xf.grin:
Any suggestions on how to keep the site indexed?
Indexing of drop domains is always kinda lottery.

Many good drop domains out there are de-indexed not because of some sanctions, or bans by Google, but just simply because they were sitting there idle without any site, for long time. Just because of that they've dropped from the index. And in most cases, when you take a good domain and build a good site on it or re-build a site on it, it gets back to index very fast. If not, you can file for reconsideration.

This, however, depends on what site you do build on this domain, on the quality of this site. If you build a good site with good content, useful for visitors, you can really not worry about no index. You can always send for reconsideration, you can say, "I'm not responsible at all for what was there with this site before me, I just bought this domain." I really don't know any example of Google wouldn't grant re-indexing for a good site. In the worst case, they would ask you to disavow some bad backlinks, but that's it.

But if you build something weaker, for example PBN site, it will depend on the quality of that PBN. If it's an obvious PBN on copypasted or scraped or machine generated content, of course sending for reconsideration would be a waste of your time. And if you build a doorway, then of course a reconsideration is not an option at all. And if you use this domain for 301 redirect - you just cannot take de-indexed domain for it.

So, the better site you build, the less you can worry about its indexing or de-indexing.

Bottom line: if you intent to build a good real site, you should not worry much about domain being de-indexed. Of course, if other signs are bad, for example in the domain history there was some redirect or stuff, maybe it's quite toxic. But if everything looks good, and it's de-indexed - I always take such domains. As I said, in most cases it'll jump back to index soon.

I just recently shot a videocast about choosing domains from drops, it's mostly for SEO but the topics of indexing and different factor influence are covered there. You can watch it with a transcript here https://site.domainsrforever.com/seo-domains/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back