Dynadot

offers Received offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Khu

Impact
Hi guys!
I need help.
I have received an offer from a someone claiming to be a broker from South Korea. My price was in 3 figures. he asked me to upraise it to 4 figures. could this be a legitimate broker. does this happen in the real world?
He is asking for
" To proceed with the sale, the bank of the buyer requires a verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea. Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this"

what is all this??
please give me advice.
thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No it doesn't happen .. this is 100% what is known as an appraisal scam .. basically they make you pay for a certificate from a website they actually own .. and then they never go ahead with the purchase of your domain ..

Sorry for the bad news .. you can do a search for it .. it's very common ..

•••
Sounds very fishy - Just IMO

•••
Appraisal scam, search for it on NP, most people have had this email

•••
Thank you all for your answers!
I got so excited.. bummer!

Can I ask ... I have hand registered a few names...
organichocolates.com
watchcarbs.com
instyy.com

Do you think they will sell on Flippa? I have put up an auction there...not many eyeballs there.

Should I build a website on any of these to get some traffic ... then try to sell?
End user marketing... how do you professionals go about doing it.. any tricks up your sleeves.. pls do share..
Social media marketing.. is it worth it? Seems so overwhelming!

Thanks all once again.

•••
Honestly, I hate to bring you bad news, but these are not the best of domains. They likely wouldn't be worth selling on Flippa given their $25 listing fee. I'd also say that investing the time and energy it would take to build sites for them also wouldn't be worth it.

I highly suggest you slow down a second and take time to learn a lot more about the industry before you spend too much more, as the questions you're asking you should have already investigated a bit before buying domains..

You need to find names that companies would actually use. Your best bet might be to contact whoever is using OrganicChocolates to see if maybe they want to secure your typo domain. It's a longshot .. but you never know. Otherwise spend more time learning in the forums .. and I definitely suggest listening to the last few years worth of Domain Sherpa Review podcasts to help you get up to speed! :)

Good luck!

•••
Thank you all for your answers!
I got so excited.. bummer!

Can I ask ... I have hand registered a few names...
organichocolates.com
watchcarbs.com
instyy.com

Do you think they will sell on Flippa? I have put up an auction there...not many eyeballs there.

Should I build a website on any of these to get some traffic ... then try to sell?
End user marketing... how do you professionals go about doing it.. any tricks up your sleeves.. pls do share..
Social media marketing.. is it worth it? Seems so overwhelming!

Thanks all once again.
Nothing is sure in domain world. Even the best of domain can take years to sell. Your names are ok for a beginner but do not put too much hope on Flippa. Paying for flippa auction for these names is not a wise investment because they are not that good enough to be marketed through auction.

For a starter, you will be better off waiting for inbound offers while you continue learning here about what works in domain business.

Developing a domain these days is even harder than selling a domain. So, think twice before going that route

•••
@dande.
Thanks so much!
What routes do you use for outbound selling? What do u think works well?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back